Jump to content

#U2getherAtHome - Watch Along Virtual party to get through #SocialDistancing


#U2getherAtHome  

22 members have voted

  1. 1. Which show would you like to watch ?

    • U2 Live at Red Rocks
      1
    • ZOO TV Live from Sydney
      4
    • Elevation 2001 - Live from Boston
      1
    • U2 Go Home - Live from Slane Castle
      8
    • Vertigo Live from Chicago
      0
    • Popmart live from Mexico City
      6
    • U2360 at the Rose Bowl
      1
    • U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris
      1

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/2020 at 06:00 PM

Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber

Up for July 11th too! I think it's a bit risky to plan it on July 4th... I didn't realized the first Saturday would be on US independence day. I think most peeps will be celebrating with family and friends as you mentioned.

And as we all know, family and friends aren't necessarily the biggest U2 fans 🤣 - so yeah, I'd say let's avoid the infamous "U2 again?!" talks.

So my vote's on for 11th 😜

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome guys to this new thread that will hopefully be filled with laughter and conversations and will turn into a nice chapter of the zootopians resilience. ✌️   Ghost towns are emerging al

Long post...but as many know, Rattle and Hum means the world to me, and I’m sharing this for probably the 269th time.  Gloria drew me in in 1983 and I was a fairly casual fan until 1988. But I wo

People seemed to enjoy my scrapbook pages. Here’s my pages for my Vertigo shows. 

Posted Images

I'm heeeeerrreeeee. The 11th sounds good to me. 

Quote

And as we all know, family and friends aren't necessarily the biggest U2 fans 🤣 - so yeah, I'd say let's avoid the infamous "U2 again?!" talks.

Funny story- about a week ago (or maybe 2 by now) I bought an old PopMart shirt off of Ebay. It's just one with the lemon on it. And I was wearing it and my Dad asked me "what's that on your shirt?" and at first I thought I had gotten something on the shirt and I panicked but then I realized he was talking about what was actually on the shirt and I was like "oh... uh... it's just a logo... from a concert tour..." and my mom said "I bet it's U2 isn't it?" And I said "uh... maybe...?" lol. I definitely know the feeling. 🤣

Edited by ImInAPlaceCalledZootopia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, mich40 said:

For the record, my personal preference would be July 11th. 

 

1 hour ago, Madfl3a said:

Up for July 11th too! I think it's a bit risky to plan it on July 4th... I didn't realized the first Saturday would be on US independence day. I think most peeps will be celebrating with family and friends as you mentioned.

And as we all know, family and friends aren't necessarily the biggest U2 fans 🤣 - so yeah, I'd say let's avoid the infamous "U2 again?!" talks.

So my vote's on for 11th 😜

 

1 hour ago, ImInAPlaceCalledZootopia said:

I'm heeeeerrreeeee. The 11th sounds good to me. 

Ok, I’m sensing a trend! 😄

By the way, @Madfl3a , since we have so much advance notice for our next mutual viewing, would you like to take back the reins of this thread, so to speak? 

I’ve only seen myself as the semi-reluctant regent for this thread while the “Queen of the Thread” was away. 😄 Would you be able to have your friend come up with another wonderful graphic for our “Rattle & Hum” viewing? I would be the emcee if you somehow couldn’t be, but I think the general sentiment would be for you to preside over things “officially”, so to speak, if you could and wanted to.

Just let me/us know - thanks!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
9 hours ago, dmway said:

(By the way, are @xrayjets and @Max Tsukino still around? I haven’t seen them here recently. Are the next generations fans still about as well?)

 

I’m here, the whole early morning viewing got a bit difficult...the sun isn’t coming up until the show is almost over....

😴😴😴😴

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
15 minutes ago, xrayjets said:

 

I’m here, the whole early morning viewing got a bit difficult...the sun isn’t coming up until the show is almost over....

😴😴😴😴

I did think about suggesting a shift in the starting time, either an hour later than usual (i.e., 5 pm, EDT in the US, w/ matching times worldwide), or two hours earlier than usual (i.e., 2 pm, EDT in the US, w/equivalent times worldwide) - do either of those times suit you better?

Of course, this may cause problems for people in other time zones, but that’s why it’s good to put such ideas out there early - we can hash them out far in advance.

So, everyone, what do we think, pro or con, about either option? Are either workable for the customary viewership here?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
18 hours ago, dmway said:

By the way, @Madfl3a , since we have so much advance notice for our next mutual viewing, would you like to take back the reins of this thread, so to speak? 

You've got this man. The dancefloor is yours :Bananaphisto:

I'll be around though 😄

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Madfl3a said:

You've got this man. The dancefloor is yours :Bananaphisto:

I'll be around though 😄

Wish granted! 😄 I'll curate the “musical journey” of R&H as well as I can.

So, it also looks for the moment like we'll be doing the same Bat-Time on the same Bat-Channel as well on the 11th. (For the age-impaired (and/or those not from North America), this is not an oblique coronavirus reference; it is a reference to the very camp (but oddly adorable) TV version of "Batman" from the late 60s - they would always give a teasing preview at the end of each show about the next episode and would end with "same Bat-Time, same Bat-channel".) :MacphistoSignal:

Edited by dmway
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
16 hours ago, dmway said:

I did think about suggesting a shift in the starting time, either an hour later than usual (i.e., 5 pm, EDT in the US, w/ matching times worldwide), or two hours earlier than usual (i.e., 2 pm, EDT in the US, w/equivalent times worldwide) - do either of those times suit you better?

Of course, this may cause problems for people in other time zones, but that’s why it’s good to put such ideas out there early - we can hash them out far in advance.

So, everyone, what do we think, pro or con, about either option? Are either workable for the customary viewership here?

 

I'm one hour ahead of NY time. So, that's fine with me.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
11 hours ago, acrobat said:

I am pretty flexible on timing here in the UK.

 

5 hours ago, andryu2 said:

I'm one hour ahead of NY time. So, that's fine with me.

Thank you, both! We’ll figure out if any changes happen; we may just end up sticking with the same time since everyone is pretty much used to it.

Thanks again!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • mich40 locked this topic
  • mich40 unfeatured this topic
  • mich40 unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...