Madfl3a

#U2getherAtHome - Watch Along Virtual party to get through #SocialDistancing

#U2getherAtHome  

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which show would you like to watch ?

• U2 Live at Red Rocks
    • ZOO TV Live from Sydney
    • Elevation 2001 - Live from Boston
    • U2 Go Home - Live from Slane Castle
    • Vertigo Live from Chicago
    • Popmart live from Mexico City
    • U2360 at the Rose Bowl
    • U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/2020 at 06:00 PM

8 minutes ago, Madfl3a said:

That def calls for a drumroll (preferably by Larry 😜)

Lmao.  Did she let you use his (now hers) stick?  😎

Vertigo!  A fine choice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Lmao.  Did she let you use his (now hers) stick?  😎

Vertigo!  A fine choice.

Nobody touches my sticks. 🥁🙅🏻‍♀️😉

• Haha 2

Ah, the Vertigo tour - one of my very favorites (tied for second for the tour with the number of concerts attended (tied with “e&i” w/ five; both behind the Elevation tour’s six - all three tours ahead in number of concerts attended of the PopMart tour I wrote about earlier in the thread, and all three had far less traveling involved (thank goodness 😄)).

I wonder if Bono’s frog in his throat has cleared up during “Elevation”. (I always wondered, when they filmed both nights in Chicago on that leg of the tour, why didn’t they use the other night’s performance for “Elevation” - did that night’s performance have a problem too?) 🤷‍♂️ 

I was at those Vertigo shows in Chicago.  That frog knda made it better because he's f'ing Bono  (his words, not mine)  and proves it under fire.  It dd not take away from seeing Elevation live that night..  People were laughing and clapping for him because of it.  I cheered even harder. I do not remember a problem with any other nighs in Chicago.  I had completely fogotten about it until now.  FYI, dmway. 

For IE or EI  (I'm fairly certain it was IE) all the employees of the United Center (where Vertigo is filmed) donated money to the Red campaign.  It was a substantial amount.. Bono talked about it at one of those shows and thanked them for being so generous.  The United Center is an awesome, awesome venue.  I cannot say enough good things about how kind, gracious and professional the people who work there have been, and still are to me and eveyone else. .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

I was at those Vertigo shows in Chicago.  That frog knda made it better because he's f'ing Bono  (his words, not mine)  and proves it under fire.  It dd not take away from seeing Elevation live that night..  People were laughing and clapping for him because of it.  I cheered even harder. I do not remember a problem with any other nighs in Chicago.  I had completely fogotten about it until now.  FYI, dmway. 

For IE or EI  (I'm fairly certain it was IE) all the employees of the United Center (where Vertigo is filmed) donated money to the Red campaign.  It was a substantial amount.. Bono talked about it at one of those shows and thanked them for being so generous.  The United Center is an awesome, awesome venue.  I cannot say enough good things about how kind, gracious and professional the people who work there have been, and still are to me and eveyone else. .

Right, I think you misunderstood why I asked the question in the first place - it was a point of legitimate curiosity, not specifically a criticism of the decision. You don't remember issues at the other shows at the United Center on "Elevation" - that's good and a relief to hear. If my memory serves correctly, they filmed consecutive days in May (the 9th and 10th - the latter, of course, being his birthday which must have factored somewhat into the taping decision). That scene on the DVD also makes me laugh, only in a good way. It proves they are human beings who got where they were/are in their collective career because they worked very hard and, despite our admiration for them, they aren't always perfect in every way - thus, merely asking questions about their decisions isn't some kind of blasphemy.

Case in point: in Bill Flanagan's excellent book about the ZooTV tour "U2 At The End Of The World", Bill relates how the band looked at the rushes of their show at Sydney very shortly after they came off the stage, offering opinions about what shots to keep and what shots to cut. Their meticulousness contributed to making that VHS tape (and later DVD) one of their very best concert films - a Grammy-winning one too, if I remember correctly. With that example in mind, and with the other show not having any other issues with that song, I wonder why they went with the "froggy" version. That's all what I was asking.

I'm happy that I also have experience seeing them in Chicago. I loved the PopMart show I saw there. From that show, I could only concur about the warmth and love between the band and the city. I'm beyond impressed that they sold out two shows (and most of a third) at the old Soldier Field on that tour. Not many bands could do that, then or now. I'm glad all your shows in the city were very good - they clearly have been, and would always be, fired up to play there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Madfl3a said:

Aaaaannnnd Mich's choice for our next #U2getherAtHome watch along party (Saturday 4th) is...

Sorry.

That def calls for a drumroll (preferably by Larry 😜)

*Drumroll*

UNO DOS TRES CATORCE! Off we go to that place called Vertigo! 

IMG_20200401_210349.jpg

I can legitimately ask:

What’s the song played when U2 come on stage ?

😱

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, xrayjets said:

I can legitimately ask:

😱

That’s really why I chose it....😜😂

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, dmway said:

not specifically a criticism

Was not taken as such.

18 hours ago, xrayjets said:

I can legitimately ask:

😱

Oh no!   I cannot remember. Am I getting old or missing something?  All I remember is how awesome is was when the lights went down, the disco ball came on, Richard Ashcroft mentioned seeing U2 in just a few and started to do Bittersweet Symphony.  (awesome awesome awesome)   My hair is standing on end.

19 hours ago, xrayjets said:

I can legitimately ask

12 hours ago, mich40 said:

That’s really why I chose it....😜😂

Is xray 'officially' busted?   (It's almost four week of self isolation.  I'm getting punchy)