Madfl3a

#U2getherAtHome - Watch Along Virtual party to get through #SocialDistancing

#U2getherAtHome  

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which show would you like to watch ?

• U2 Live at Red Rocks
    • ZOO TV Live from Sydney
    • Elevation 2001 - Live from Boston
    • U2 Go Home - Live from Slane Castle
    • Vertigo Live from Chicago
    • Popmart live from Mexico City
    • U2360 at the Rose Bowl
    • U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/2020 at 06:00 PM

4 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Is xray 'officially' busted?   (It's almost four week of self isolation.  I'm getting punchy) 

It’s kinda of an ongoing joke that Jets and I like to keep up. Back during that tour and for years after, we had many threads started about “what was the song before U2 came on?” I’m fairly certain “that” song is on the dvd....so if you don’t remember, you will Saturday. 😉

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, mich40 said:

It’s kinda of an ongoing joke

I know the joke but cannot remember the song. I'm getting old, I guess.  Where is my tee?  

3 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I know the joke but cannot remember the song. I'm getting old, I guess.  Where is my tee?  

Save the surprise for Saturday then....😃 Still every time I hear this song, I automatically think back to that tour and how much I loved it. 

4 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Was not taken as such.

Well, that's good - there wouldn't have been any reason to take it that way; I'm very glad it wasn't.

Back on topic: how many of us have the mini live DVD from Milan from the Vertigo tour? (It was included as a bonus in the deluxe edition of "18 Singles", for those to whom this may be news.) If enough of us have it, is there any interest to view that after the Chicago show? It has many tracks unique to it and makes it a wonderful addendum to the excellent Chicago DVD. The unique songs on it are: I Will Follow, ISHFWILF, All I Want Is You, WOWY, and the stellar "Miss Sarajevo" which was a real high point of the shows after the initial leg of the tour. (I still don't know how Bono channeled Pavarotti so well while singing his section; it was especially brave and impressive performing that section in front of the Italians themselves.) It would also be a fitting tribute to the part of Italy hardest hit by our current troubles.

A humble suggestion...

P.S. An potentially embarrassing admission about the Chicago DVD when it first came out - since we're among other U2 fanatics here, it will probably just sound sensible and perhaps even ordinary. 😄

I simply couldn't stop watching it. I adored this tour and I loved the DVD. How much? I would intentionally get up in the middle of the night, even during the work week, to watch it. I wouldn't watch it all at that late hour - there was one section that I would watch repeatedly then: (of course) the AB-laden encore. 😎 That 'Zoo Station/The Fly/Mysterious Ways' section was just a feast for the eyes and ears; if I was awake enough, I'd watch the rest of conclusion of the show; if not, I'd go to bed...just to re-watch that section (at least) on the following night(s).

I like this DVD! 😃

4 hours ago, mich40 said:

Save the surprise for Saturday then....😃 Still every time I hear this song, I automatically think back to that tour and how much I loved it. 

It was my ringtone for a loooooooooong time 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dmway said:

Back on topic: how many of us have the mini live DVD from Milan from the Vertigo tour? 

I love this DVD. It’s fantastic.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dmway said:

Well, that's good - there wouldn't have been any reason to take it that way; I'm very glad it wasn't.

Back on topic: how many of us have the mini live DVD from Milan from the Vertigo tour? (It was included as a bonus in the deluxe edition of "18 Singles", for those to whom this may be news.) If enough of us have it, is there any interest to view that after the Chicago show? It has many tracks unique to it and makes it a wonderful addendum to the excellent Chicago DVD. The unique songs on it are: I Will Follow, ISHFWILF, All I Want Is You, WOWY, and the stellar "Miss Sarajevo" which was a real high point of the shows after the initial leg of the tour. (I still don't know how Bono channeled Pavarotti so well while singing his section; it was especially brave and impressive performing that section in front of the Italians themselves.) It would also be a fitting tribute to the part of Italy hardest hit by our current troubles.

A humble suggestion...

I have it. And yes, it’s really good. That audio version of Miss Sarajevo is on the U2 Communication subscriber gift too. Just brilliant. Gives me chills. I don’t know the quote word for word, but Bono said he managed to do that because he found his father’s voice in him. I remember after the first Atlanta show my husband said, “Bono proved himself as a singer with that,” not meaning anything rude or anything because he’s always been a fan too, but doing something like that takes a lot more than just singing rock and roll, obviously. 

Warming up for tomorrow.

Press review by danish Extra Bladet. Found the copy of newspaper from the bottom of drawer.

1778551337_ExtraBladetcover.PNG.65ae4b50644a8f30145c80bf833eb873.PNG

They gave 4 stars, probably due the terrible weather, it was pouring rain.

1660103124_ExtraBladetjuttu.PNG.59b9c4113fb69f1f6ae099a446548e7a.PNG

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1