Madfl3a

#U2getherAtHome - Watch Along Virtual party to get through #SocialDistancing

#U2getherAtHome  

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which show would you like to watch ?

• U2 Live at Red Rocks
    • ZOO TV Live from Sydney
    • Elevation 2001 - Live from Boston
    • U2 Go Home - Live from Slane Castle
    • Vertigo Live from Chicago
    • Popmart live from Mexico City
    • U2360 at the Rose Bowl
    • U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/2020 at 06:00 PM

1 hour ago, Madfl3a said:

Hi all,

Trying to organize our next party. In terms of time, what's more convenient for you ? Do we stick to 9PM GMT or should we get back to the previous one which now would be 9PM London time ?

Let me know what works best ! 

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

I’m in the future, so anytime is ok 😀

1 hour ago, xrayjets said:

I’m in the future, so anytime is ok 😀

I felt soooo bad that you got up one hour sooner for nothing man! Sleep is sacred. I'm asking especially to avoid causing that again 😅

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Madfl3a said:

I felt soooo bad that you got up one hour sooner for nothing man! Sleep is sacred. I'm asking especially to avoid causing that again 😅

Don’t sweat it, I’m a super early riser anyway 🤗

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Madfl3a said:

Hi all,

Trying to organize our next party. In terms of time, what's more convenient for you ? Do we stick to 9PM GMT or should we get back to the previous one which now would be 9PM London time ?

When you asked, I prefer 9PM GMT.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Madfl3a said:

Hi all,

10 hours ago, Ilmajoki said:

When you asked, I prefer 9PM GMT.

Since there was confusion last week, and since I hope to be helping to eliminate confusion with this post, let me run the risk of being a "smart ass" and make a couple of observations:

GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) and London time are the same thing (Greenwich being a neighborhood of greater London).

Also, as of the last weekend of March, both the UK and Europe (Eastern and Western) switched to their summer time schedules, did they not?

If I am remembering the time change correctly, that means what we are trying to agree to synchronizing to is either:

9 p.m. BST (British Summer Time - this is the same as 10 p.m. Western European Summer Time; 5 and 6 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time in the US, respectively - thus, 4 p.m. EDT)

or

9 p.m. Western European Summer Time (the same as 8 p.m. BST; 3 p.m. EDT).

This is the choice we are trying to decide on, right?

Edited by dmway

13 minutes ago, dmway said:

Since there was confusion last week, and since I hope to be helping to eliminate confusion with this post, let me run the risk of being a "smart ass" and make a couple of observations:

GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) and London time are the same thing (Greenwich being a neighborhood of greater London).

Also, as of the last weekend of March, both the UK and Europe (Eastern and Western) switched to their summer time schedules, did they not?

If I am remembering the time change correctly, that means what we are trying to agree to synchronizing to is either:

9 p.m. BST (British Summer Time - this is the same as 10 p.m. Western European Summer Time; 5 and 6 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time in the US, respectively - thus, 4 p.m. EDT)

or

There was a little confusion this past Saturday, which prompted her asking. I actually messaged @Madfl3a this afternoon and told her that this her thing and to do what was most workable for her. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, dmway said:

or

For UK fans, the original start time was 9pm. The question being asked is, do we keep it as 9pm in London (which is now GMT+1 since the clocks went forward), or stick to "9pm GMT" (which is probably easier for everyone to work out their own time difference, but would mean a 10pm start for UK fans).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Canadanne said:

For UK fans, the original start time was 9pm. The question being asked is, do we keep it as 9pm in London (which is now GMT+1 since the clocks went forward), or stick to "9pm GMT" (which is probably easier for everyone to work out their own time difference, but would mean a 10pm start for UK fans).

OK - I think we're saying the same thing with different terminology. The main thing is that @Madfl3a is working it out and she'll let us know the right time.

(I explained the difference the way I did from my experience living in the UK for 7 years. After the last weekend in March, people there always used "BST" in relating times; they never used "GMT" again until the last weekend in October. That's what I was getting at above.)

Edited by dmway

4 hours ago, Canadanne said:

For UK fans, the original start time was 9pm. The question being asked is, do we keep it as 9pm in London (which is now GMT+1 since the clocks went forward), or stick to "9pm GMT" 

Yes exactly! Add to that that some countries did not had their clocks move forward this year - it was a mess lol. 

I've been talking about it on twitter and 9pm UK - so the "original" time (not using that GMT ever again 😅) seems more convenient for a lot of people. 

I'll let ya know which one we go for tomorrow night along with which show i picked for next party 😉

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

To quote my good friend Ford Prefect: “Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so”

Or some other guys we all know “Time is irrelevant, it's not linear”