Madfl3a

#U2getherAtHome - Watch Along Virtual party to get through #SocialDistancing

#U2getherAtHome  

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which show would you like to watch ?

• U2 Live at Red Rocks
    • ZOO TV Live from Sydney
    • Elevation 2001 - Live from Boston
    • U2 Go Home - Live from Slane Castle
    • Vertigo Live from Chicago
    • Popmart live from Mexico City
    • U2360 at the Rose Bowl
    • U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/2020 at 06:00 PM

5 hours ago, xrayjets said:

I still get a bit misty eyed when I hear Space Oddity 

5 hours ago, mich40 said:

That and RocketMan for me. The 360 tour was the best and worst of times for me. LOVED all my shows I made it to and all the Zootops I got to hang out with in person; but my dad was battling lung cancer at the time and unfortunately lost his fight about a month after the tour ended. So lots of emotions wrapped up in there. 

...and the ever-lovely, Bowie-esque “Soon”.

Yes, it’s difficult when the health challenges of a loved one coincide with a U2 tour. I had the same experience with my mother and the i&e tour.

That’s when you reconnect with the truth that music is very healing for grief.

I don't want to be overly premature, however, there will come a time when we run through all of the live shows.

...BUT...

It is important to remember that that time won't be the end of U2-related video to potentially watch together.

I was thinking of other such things to watch. I think I can safely say that most/all U2 fans worthy of their title would also have at least "Rattle and Hum" as well. That could be watched after we watch all of the officially-released shows.

There are also others that many (most?) may have:

"From The Sky Down" (documentary on the making of "Achtung Baby")

"It Might Get Loud" (documentary on three guitarists: Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White)

Then there are some that fewer may have, but possibly enough will have them to make a collective viewing worth doing:

The JT tour show from Paris included in the super-deluxe of the 20th Anniversary set of JT (also, the "Wide Awake In America" documentary on the same disc)

The bonus DVD included in the equivalent set for "The Unforgettable Fire"

The 3rd DVD of the AB super deluxe which has all of the ZooTV-related documentaries.

"Linear" (the Anton Corbijn-made DVD version of NLOTH)

After watching all of the shows listed in the poll, shall we watch any/all of these?

(There are other movies that are more tangentially U2-related (e.g., "The Million Dollar Hotel", "Wings Of Desire, "Faraway, So Close", etc.) - however, these are harder to find and probably less-widely owned - and some are better than others. I'll mention them here for the sake of completeness; I'm not necessarily advocating watching these together because such an effort may not be practical logistically.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xrayjets said:

I still get a bit misty eyed when I hear Space Oddity 

There will be a good amount of misty eyes from my part for that show. 360 was the first tour I managed to attend after about a decade of waiting....

• Thanks 1
  • Brilliant 1

7 hours ago, dmway said:

I don't want to be overly premature, however, there will come a time when we run through all of the live shows.

...BUT...

It is important to remember that that time won't be the end of U2-related video to potentially watch together.

I was thinking of other such things to watch. I think I can safely say that most/all U2 fans worthy of their title would also have at least "Rattle and Hum" as well. That could be watched after we watch all of the officially-released shows.

There are also others that many (most?) may have:

"From The Sky Down" (documentary on the making of "Achtung Baby")

"It Might Get Loud" (documentary on three guitarists: Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White)

Then there are some that fewer may have, but possibly enough will have them to make a collective viewing worth doing:

The JT tour show from Paris included in the super-deluxe of the 20th Anniversary set of JT (also, the "Wide Awake In America" documentary on the same disc)

The bonus DVD included in the equivalent set for "The Unforgettable Fire"

The 3rd DVD of the AB super deluxe which has all of the ZooTV-related documentaries.

"Linear" (the Anton Corbijn-made DVD version of NLOTH)

After watching all of the shows listed in the poll, shall we watch any/all of these?

(There are other movies that are more tangentially U2-related (e.g., "The Million Dollar Hotel", "Wings Of Desire, "Faraway, So Close", etc.) - however, these are harder to find and probably less-widely owned - and some are better than others. I'll mention them here for the sake of completeness; I'm not necessarily advocating watching these together because such an effort may not be practical logistically.)

You forgot Man on the Train. 
96537F6E-07C3-4218-8302-ED5D4E805DF0.jpeg

10 hours ago, mich40 said:

You forgot Man on the Train. 
96537F6E-07C3-4218-8302-ED5D4E805DF0.jpeg

😄

This film was part of the “etc.” I wrote in my last post.

(I wonder how high a percentage you are of all the people in the world who own this film - you might be 10-20% (or more) all by yourself. 😆)

B101AF3A-B43A-4F85-BC0D-2642EC9876EF.gif

That’s me and Larry ignoring that last comment....

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, dmway said:

I’d vote for this; R&H too

i dont think Ive ever seen any of the movies though 🙊

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xrayjets said:

Wings of Desire isn’t exactly U2 related, but it is the prequel to Far Away, So Close and oh so good. I watched Million Dollar Hotel once....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mich40 said:

B101AF3A-B43A-4F85-BC0D-2642EC9876EF.gif

That’s me and Larry ignoring that last comment....

I’m glad that you and Larry have a good sense of humor. 😄

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, xrayjets said:

Yes, R&H I think we could definitely do. I hope we could do any of the others - we’ll need to create a poll to see if enough people have any of the others to make such an effort worthwhile. Good thing we still have a few of the mainstream shows to last us for a bit.

The movies are a mixed bag to be sure - Mich’s comment below is good.

8 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Wings of Desire isn’t exactly U2 related, but it is the prequel to Far Away, So Close and oh so good. I watched Million Dollar Hotel once....

Yes, once is about enough for The Million Dollar Hotel (which pains me to say - Wim Wenders directed it, it has plenty of stars, Bono had the original idea and was involved in the screenplay - it should have been a knockout; it’s just a bit less than that though).

”Wings” was mentioned as the setup to “Faraway” - if you plan on seeing the second, you really have to have seen the first.