Madfl3a

#U2getherAtHome - Watch Along Virtual party to get through #SocialDistancing

#U2getherAtHome  

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which show would you like to watch ?

• U2 Live at Red Rocks
    • ZOO TV Live from Sydney
    • Elevation 2001 - Live from Boston
    • U2 Go Home - Live from Slane Castle
    • Vertigo Live from Chicago
    • Popmart live from Mexico City
    • U2360 at the Rose Bowl
    • U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/2020 at 06:00 PM

3 minutes ago, dmway said:

Yes, R&H I think we could definitely do. I hope we could do any of the others - we’ll need to create a poll to see if enough people have any of the others to make such an effort worthwhile. Good thing we still have a few of the mainstream shows to last us for a bit.

The movies are a mixed bag to be sure - Mich’s comment below is good.

Yes, once is about enough for The Million Dollar Hotel (which pains me to say - Wim Wenders directed it, it has plenty of stars, Bono had the original idea and was involved in the screenplay - it should have been a knockout; it’s just a bit less than that though).

”Wings” was mentioned as the setup to “Faraway” - if you plan on seeing the second, you really have to have seen the first.

I do have the new directors cut of Until the End of the World that I still haven’t sit down to watch. It’s only roughly 5 hours long....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mich40 said:

I do have the new directors cut of Until the End of the World that I still haven’t sit down to watch. It’s only roughly 5 hours long....

Yes! I have that too.

Wim just doesn't do short. I have owned a few movies that have required more than one DVD to contain the whole film; however, UTEOTW establishes a record for my owning a film that requires more than one BluRay just for the film itself.

With our current predicament, I bet I'll easily be able to find the time to watch it - I was more concerned about that when I first got it. Little did I (or most anyone) know what we were in store for...

Honestly and sincerely, in my view there are only two possible ways to make a movie work in a live stream party:

- One would be if the director or one of the actors (or more of them, or a combo) is present and make comments about it during the movie - or tv show: a few days ago there was a live stream for the Twin Peaks pilot with Kyle Kyle MacLachlan and Mädchen Amick, quite entertaining and informative thanks to their comments); or

- If the movie is so, so, so... so bad that the only possible way to endure it is to make jokes about it - basically Mystery Science Theater 3000.

plus, while the Wenders movies are great but are on the slow lane - maybe they could be food for thought, but in the end it would feel like homework)

(not to mention that for many, the U2 connection is so tenuous, and in the case of Wings of Desire, inexistent)

Perhaps it's better if we concentrate on the official material that we have now - there's still plenty of it for the next weeks and if the circunstances make that we finished them the discussion can come once that stage is reached, not before...

• Like 1

Yup, kinda agree with you Max. Music and movie are not experienced the same way (well at least imo).

In other news, I've just shuffled through the 360 Ultraviolet vid and i'm getting a tad bit excited :Bananaphisto:

• Brilliant 2

4 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

Honestly and sincerely, in my view there are only two possible ways to make a movie work in a live stream party:

- One would be if the director or one of the actors (or more of them, or a combo) is present and make comments about it during the movie - or tv show: a few days ago there was a live stream for the Twin Peaks pilot with Kyle Kyle MacLachlan and Mädchen Amick, quite entertaining and informative thanks to their comments); or

- If the movie is so, so, so... so bad that the only possible way to endure it is to make jokes about it - basically Mystery Science Theater 3000.

plus, while the Wenders movies are great but are on the slow lane - maybe they could be food for thought, but in the end it would feel like homework)

(not to mention that for many, the U2 connection is so tenuous, and in the case of Wings of Desire, inexistent)

Perhaps it's better if we concentrate on the official material that we have now - there's still plenty of it for the next weeks and if the circunstances make that we finished them the discussion can come once that stage is reached, not before...

Totally agree. Plus, being a little off on the timing of a song in a concert and still being able to make a comment is doable. Dialogue in a movie or show, not so much....

Also....I hate talking during movies....

Just now, mich40 said:

Also....I hate talking during movies....

I'm sure Larry would agree 😜

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Madfl3a said:

Yup, kinda agree with you Max. Music and movie are not experienced the same way (well at least imo).

In other news, I've just shuffled through the 360 Ultraviolet vid and i'm getting a tad bit excited :Bananaphisto:

I've been digging around the video and photos archives in the site this morning. That has gotten me pretty pumped too. Found the little video from the original release fan parties.

https://www.u2.com/media/player/632/71

3 minutes ago, mich40 said:

I've been digging around the video and photos archives in the site this morning. That has gotten me pretty pumped too. Found the little video from the original release fan parties.

https://www.u2.com/media/player/632/71

Oh my ! I had never seen this one ! That's so awesomeeee ! (we need an actual party all together when this is over!)

6 minutes ago, Madfl3a said:

Oh my ! I had never seen this one ! That's so awesomeeee ! (we need an actual party all together when this is over!)

There's lots of fun stuff over there that I haven't looked at in a really long time.

2 minutes ago, mich40 said:

There's lots of fun stuff over there that I haven't looked at in a really long time.

Yeah same here! It's been a while too and apparently i've missed some ! Gotta check this out again