Madfl3a

#U2getherAtHome - Watch Along Virtual party to get through #SocialDistancing

#U2getherAtHome  

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which show would you like to watch ?

• U2 Live at Red Rocks
    • ZOO TV Live from Sydney
    • Elevation 2001 - Live from Boston
    • U2 Go Home - Live from Slane Castle
    • Vertigo Live from Chicago
    • Popmart live from Mexico City
    • U2360 at the Rose Bowl
    • U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/2020 at 06:00 PM

41 minutes ago, mich40 said:

I just rewatched the show and my friend was watching it too, which was kinda funny because that was totally unplanned.

Heh, I also just watched the whole thing again while it's still available. I can't believe the Streets intro STILL reduces me to floods of tears every single time...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xrayjets said:

Surprisingly, mine is pretty good too. Nearly wore it to JT2019, but decided to get another made (The Edge’s “7” Slane shirt)

ABC608D2-83D6-4422-B99D-0F45CDD402F9.jpeg

A2FABB53-7889-48F3-B305-B3DADE6C4414.jpeg

That is one of my all time favorite shirts. That one and my “Every Artist is Cannibal” one.  (Terrible photo because I’m too lazy to dig it out properly)

E434836F-C372-4D67-8F76-1FD829E3B46E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was also watching Zoo tv thinking, wow crowd control has changed so much over the years too.

GA was pretty jammed packed 😱

• Like 2

Was it a. very hot night for this Sydney show?  Bono seems to be sweating buckets, but Adam looks very cool?!??

16 minutes ago, xrayjets said:

I was also watching Zoo tv thinking, wow crowd control has changed so much over the years too.

GA was pretty jammed packed 😱

I noticed that too!!

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2020 at 3:09 AM, dmway said:

And let’s not forget the front:

55EFEA04-E006-456B-8DBA-A28B4652C15A.jpeg

This is my Favorite T-shirt of all time! But I wasn’t able to get one! They sold out, so I got a different one from probably an illegitimate vendor.  ‘Made it to 9 shows in 1992!-those were the days!!♥️

• Brilliant 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, hillpy2 said:

This is my Favorite T-shirt of all time! But I wasn’t able to get one! They sold out, so I got a different one from probably an illegitimate vendor.  ‘Made it to 9 shows in 1992!-those were the days!!♥️

You are a lucky person, even without this t-shirt.

ZooTV was the last tour where I only caught a single show. From PopMart onward, it has always been multiple dates, and they are the only act where I would always make a point to see more than one show per tour; it’s simply worth the effort for multiple reasons.

That whole time from the release of AB to the final show of ZooTV is still my favorite era of the band’s illustrious history. Every era of theirs is great, and the most recent one I put just about at the same level, but that 1991-94 time period was a true peak. Let’s hope they revisit that era somehow on their next tour.

P.S. You can still find this shirt on occasion on eBay and similar reselling sites. Just have a look if you would really like to get a hold of one.

Edited by dmway
  • Brilliant 2

On 4/21/2020 at 12:55 PM, mich40 said:

That is one of my all time favorite shirts. That one and my “Every Artist is Cannibal” one.  (Terrible photo because I’m too lazy to dig it out properly)

E434836F-C372-4D67-8F76-1FD829E3B46E.jpeg

Fantastic !

Maybe we should do a “show us your retro U2 t shirts” thread ?

• Brilliant 1

Are you ready to get... Elevated?

Next Saturday (25th) at 9PM (UK), yet another #U2getherAtHome DVD watch along party! :Bananaphisto:

((We might be living like a mole but that doesn't mean that they can't make us feel like we can fly! (SO HIGH!))

Hope to see you around guys !

EWOhZYAXgAA6em3.thumb.jpg.249f655e5aef5d9f0bf022cba4f4934c.jpg

EWOhZyVXkAQ_4Sx.thumb.jpg.7c4f2ef78adbee6dc0d88c181500ef0e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Madfl3a said:

Are you ready to get... Elevated?

Next Saturday (25th) at 9PM (UK), yet another #U2getherAtHome DVD watch along party! :Bananaphisto:

((We might be living like a mole but that doesn't mean that they can't make us feel like we can fly! (SO HIGH!))

Hope to see you around guys !

EWOhZYAXgAA6em3.thumb.jpg.249f655e5aef5d9f0bf022cba4f4934c.jpg

EWOhZyVXkAQ_4Sx.thumb.jpg.7c4f2ef78adbee6dc0d88c181500ef0e.jpg

I’m glad this one is the choice this week! When I watch a DVD from the Elevation tour, I almost always watch the Slane show (it’s an extra great performance and it only has one song cut from the setlist instead of Boston’s 3 - poor “Mysterious Ways” was cut from both DVDs for some reason - too bad too; I really enjoyed “Mysterious Ways” on that tour).

Anyway, there’s a lot that’s great from that show too. And, it was U2’s first show to be released with DVDs in mind (and, if my memory serves correctly, I think it was the last concert of theirs to get a VHS release too).

Good choice! 👍

• Thanks 1