Beautiful things coming out of the pandemic

• Subscriber

Whether or not this would qualify as "beautiful" would be in the ear of the listener, but Robby Krieger, guitarist of The Doors, has been giving guitar lessons for some of The Doors' most beloved songs for the last 6 weeks or so - he has done four songs so far: "Roadhouse Blues", "Moonlight Drive", "People Are Strange", and "Spanish Caravan" - I suspect that he will do more of these as the weeks go on.

So, if you are a guitarist and/or just a fan of The Doors, he has now released four songs where he walks through how to play the guitar on each - enjoy:

https://thedoors.com/category/news

• Like 1
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hear U2 have donated €10m to fund PPE for Irish Health care workers.  great work boys , now let’s hope they can source some. https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0408/1129416-ppe-supplies

Covid sucks. We all know it; but even in these hard times, beautiful things are coming out. Maybe we could add some of the good things here. I’ll start with this one. Mind you, One has always been one

Let's hear it (again) for Ireland. The Irish Prime Minister, Leo Varadkar, who was a junior doctor until 2013 (and then became Minister of Health) before becoming Prime Minister, has volunteered

Posted Images

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

...and this is a great "making lemonade when life gives you lemons" story.

Trent Reznor had planned a continuation of his "Cold, Black, and Infinite" tour from 2018 for the autumn of 2020. As well all know, a certain pandemic got in the way of the intended tour's actually occurring. He had all the halls rented out and even had merchandise made for the tour. He sent out an e-mail to his e-mail list, saying that he was really bummed about not being able to do the tour. So, he came up with a good idea.

For all the cities NIN was going to play in, he is now selling the already-made merchandise on the NIN website and is using all the profits from them to be given to food banks for those cities. That's how you make a good thing out of a bad thing. So, food banks in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Grand Rapids (MI), Indianapolis, Philadelphia, and Toronto will be getting money from the sales in the somewhat near future from NIN.

Edited by dmway
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber

Boars in the middle of my hometown, dolphins in the port of Cagliari, ducks in the fountains in Rome, Venice canals have now clean water full of fishes. Air pollution dropped. Nature is reclaiming its spaces during quarantine in Italy. #COVID19 #COVIDー19 pic.twitter.com/dr6QILfF9V

— Francesco Delrio (@Cosodelirante) March 15, 2020

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Boars in the middle of my hometown, dolphins in the port of Cagliari, ducks in the fountains in Rome, Venice canals have now clean water full of fishes. Air pollution dropped. Nature is reclaiming its spaces during quarantine in Italy. #COVID19 #COVIDー19 pic.twitter.com/dr6QILfF9V

— Francesco Delrio (@Cosodelirante) March 15, 2020

You forgot goats in Llandudno😉🤪😀

• Subscriber
COVID Diary: Enjoying Venice Without the Tourists

By Sabina Castelfranco
May 18, 2020 11:59 AM

VENICE, ITALY - The sight of Venice with the water in its empty canals clearer than I have ever seen, and with its unused gondolas lined up along its banks, will stay with me forever.

Everyone tries to visit this city at least once in their lifetime, bringing their children to see one of the world’s truly unique places. Personally, I have been to Venice many times but never thought I would have the opportunity to see it without tourists.

It is unimaginable to see this incredible city built on water without the millions of visitors that come from all corners of the world every year. They are normally everywhere along the narrow alleyways, or busy taking selfies on the Bridge of Sighs or in Saint Mark’s Square.

A waiter stands by empty tables outside a restaurant at St Mark's Square, which is usually full of tourists, after Italy's government adopted a decree with new emergency measures to contain the coronavirus, in Venice, Italy, March 5, 2020.

For the past two months, because of the very strict lockdown in Italy due to COVID-19, this has been the new reality in Venice, and one that is likely to continue for many weeks to come.

The big cruise ships that Venetians have complained about for years are unlikely to re-appear anytime soon. Italians from outside the Veneto region will probably be the first to come back to admire and appreciate the lagoon city in a very different way.

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Also sheep at MacDonalds in Wales queueing at the ‘drive-threwe  ’...... pretty sure they don’t do any lamb burgers so our woolly friends are safe.....

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-04-21/flock-of-sheep-visit-empty-mcdonald-s-restaurant-during-lockdown/

Edited by doctornickriviera
  • Haha 2