Beautiful things coming out of the pandemic

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hear U2 have donated €10m to fund PPE for Irish Health care workers.  great work boys , now let’s hope they can source some. https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0408/1129416-ppe-supplies

Covid sucks. We all know it; but even in these hard times, beautiful things are coming out. Maybe we could add some of the good things here. I’ll start with this one. Mind you, One has always been one

Let's hear it (again) for Ireland. The Irish Prime Minister, Leo Varadkar, who was a junior doctor until 2013 (and then became Minister of Health) before becoming Prime Minister, has volunteered

Posted Images

• Subscriber

The lockdown here in NZ is over for now. Spent some quality time with the family. Hope ya all are safe and feeling loved. A little ditty I had an inspirational moment.  Youtube search Scott Catley Lockdown Blues

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Coronavirus: 44 staff agree to live in locked-down Licking County nursing homes to keep residents safe

For sixty-five days they slept in their offices to keep the residents safe.  No one died.  Here is the full article in case you wish to read it.   Wonderful story.   There is at least one other nursing home where the staff did the same thing.  The staff was able to go home today.  It's dated, but here is the original story: 

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20200408/coronavirus-44-staff-agree-to-live-in-locked-down-licking-county-nursing-homes-to-keep-residents-safe

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 2
  • Subscriber

Thailand: Elephants on 'great migration' to survive coronavirus starvation

With the collapse of the tourism industry due to coronavirus, many of Thailand's captive elephants are now at risk of starvation.

BBC Thai follows one group of elephant keepers journeying into the mountains to find food.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-52780258/thailand-elephants-on-great-migration-to-survive-coronavirus-starvation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

I remember when the California Condor almost went extinct.  I was a little boy.  I was very sad and confused..  I saw this online earlier today:

Endangered California condors spotted in Sequoia National Park for the first time in nearly 50 years

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/endangered-california-condors-sequoia-national-park-after-50-years/

YAY!!!    These birds can soar to heights of 15,000 feet   I did not know that until now.   Woo Hoo. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 5/20/2020 at 12:41 AM, dmway said:

...and this is a great "making lemonade when life gives you lemons" story.

Trent Reznor had planned a continuation of his "Cold, Black, and Infinite" tour from 2018 for the autumn of 2020. As well all know, a certain pandemic got in the way of the intended tour's actually occurring. He had all the halls rented out and even had merchandise made for the tour. He sent out an e-mail to his e-mail list, saying that he was really bummed about not being able to do the tour. So, he came up with a good idea.

For all the cities NIN was going to play in, he is now selling the already-made merchandise on the NIN website and is using all the profits from them to be given to food banks for those cities. That's how you make a good thing out of a bad thing. So, food banks in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Grand Rapids (MI), Indianapolis, Philadelphia, and Toronto will be getting money from the sales in the somewhat near future from NIN.

...and the local food bank in Philadelphia is now getting my money. Here is what the front looks like:

DF598564-5F44-43AE-95C2-029124D291D2.jpeg

• Like 1