Beautiful things coming out of the pandemic

• Subscriber

I'm the Pastor of a small church in St Albans Uk and I also manage a community Food Bank.

The Food Bank is hosted by my church and since we began the x4 local churches have been the main suppliers for donations to the food bank.

March 2020 and all churches stopped physical service, moved online but the repercussions were that the food bank donations had no obvious source.

It was a real concern.

Every week during this pandemic I have had at least 3-4 offers of donations to the food bank from people I do not know in the community.

People have been donating bags of shopping. Many of which must have cost £50-100.

It's been incredible and humbling.

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hear U2 have donated €10m to fund PPE for Irish Health care workers.  great work boys , now let’s hope they can source some. https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0408/1129416-ppe-supplies

Scottish Sports commentator and his dogs Olive and Mabel on Twitter. @mrandrewcotter  if you love dogs you’ll love his feed and videos of his dogs.  

Covid sucks. We all know it; but even in these hard times, beautiful things are coming out. Maybe we could add some of the good things here. I’ll start with this one. Mind you, One has always been one

Posted Images

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Since I've had more free time because of the pandemic (I've been working at home since March 2020 and have not been able to meet people), I have spent my free time studying things I've always wanted. I'm graduated in one area, work in another, and interested in a third one! 😆 Now, I've been able to use my time to dedicate to the study of the third one: Systemic Constellations, Quantum therapy and Floral therapy. I finally found myself!

Edited by andryu2
  • Brilliant 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

The pandemic and ensuing isolation provided down time to think. Riffs which existed between past friends and myself have been healed and it's back 2 good after years of distance.  It went both ways, which I find the amazing part.  It was not one side saying, "Hey, I was wrong."   It was both, at the same time, realizing holding a grudge is an unnecessary chain.