Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U2Community

'60 Songs That Saved My Life'

60 Songs That Saved My Life - Bono Top.jpg60 Songs That Saved My Life - Bono Bottom.jpg

'These are some of the songs that saved my life,' writes Bono, as he shares a special birthday playlist titled '60 Songs That Saved My Life'. 'The ones I couldn't have lived without… the ones that got me from there to here, zero to 60… through all the scrapes, all manner of nuisance, from the serious to the silly… and the joy, mostly joy.'

The four hour plus playlist stretches from the formative 45s of his teenage years to later collaborations with some of his heroes, as well as tracks by younger artists like Billie Eilish, the same age now, 18, as Bono when he wrote his first song.

Long before he was making music, he was a music fan and along with these 60 songs he's penning a series of letters to their creators and family members. 

'I wanted to thank the artists and everyone who helped make them… They were doing the same for me… I am writing a fan letter to accompany each song to try and explain my fascination…'

Bono is sharing the first six letters today (May 10), with more coming in the week ahead.

You can check the songs on the News section

What do you think about these songs? You may have some memories about them, as Bono does... share them with the community and let's follow Bono's words about the music that shaped him in the following days.