#U2getherAtHome Part 2 - Watch Along Virtual Vertigo Party

Max Tsukino

• Subscriber

Hi everyone! First time poster here, long time fan. Awesome show, what stood out is how strong how to dismantle an atomic Bomb was. I really don’t get a lot of the criticism this album has received over the years.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, U2Drums said:

Hi everyone! First time poster here, long time fan. Awesome show, what stood out is how strong how to dismantle an atomic Bomb was. I really don’t get a lot of the criticism this album has received over the years.

Yes - I think it is one of their strongest albums, especially post-90s.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, bigwave said:

for those asking, just got a note from the tech team (i will be sure to send back any comments on the tech aspect of things, they will appreciate I am sure :)

It’s never been released at this quality.. 1080HD with 5.1 Dolby Digital

Made especially for this event.

BW I’m watching stream via iMac; onto 16yo Tv via Apple TV 

And its just fantastic quality sound & audio ūüĎć

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, acrobat said:

This is brilliant and adds to an already epic concert. Can you persuade someone to release this in Blu Ray otherwise I am going to have to gorge on this over the next 48 hours.

Nice to hear it's upscaled!!... And Yes, release it already in this blu ray format please.... Not wanting to be dependent of providers, slow internet, temporarly showing, etc etc.. . The collectors want to be part of the fun!! Call your bosses at Universal and upscale the u2-collection in HD for blu ray releases!!!

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Chicago, said Bono, is 'a city of the future and we believe in the future. We have faith in the future... Faith in the idea that God can inspire doctors and nurses.' -from the U2.com show report for the opening night of the Vertigo tour in Chicago.  

I was at these, and several of what would become six shows in Chicago for the Vertigo tour  I wore a color shirt I'd recognize for the dvd shows. We had great seats by Adam  I can see glimpses my shirt/self on the dvd, which is cool. .I could not be here for the live stream.  I'd like to share some Vertigo Tour memories.

We were given extra presale codes when new dates for the tour got announced. I jumped when I signed in and read that announcement in the old Zoo. It worked out great because I got to see them in Milwaukee, Wi, USA, where I live..  We were second row by Adam.  I got to hear Bono sing Miss Sarajevo and nobody was talking, for which I will always be thankful. The other shows I saw them do it,  everyone was chatting. 

I don't know the backstory to the album's title. It blew my mind how powerful and great they sounded when I first heard Vertigo live. . Hearing Edge take off and us being slathered in that red light was incredible. Adam's bass went right through me. It's a treat to hear it live any time. The first one is the bomb for me. 

Love And Peace Or Else -The drum. The bandana. I hope they bring it back into the setlist.  

Miracle Drug is a favorite.  Watching the light moving all over the stage was an unexpected, and hypnotic treat. It's a beautiful song.  Three notes is a favorite chat that Bono's given at U2 show's I've attended over the years.

I got to see them do For the First Time, Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses and Zoo Station live.   Bliss, bliss. bliss, as I'd never seen them perform any of those songs.  Zoo Station kicked ass.  Bono marching was so f'ing provocative and cool.

I got to see both last nights of the two Vertigo runs in Chicago.  It's always my favorite night in Chicago, no matter the tour.  There's something extra special in the air and show..

Bono spoke of falling in love with Miles Davis in Chicago, when they were young. I'm grateful.  It piqued my interest.  I fell in love with Miles Davis and a lot of other jazz musicians' music.  I listen to Kind Of Blue all the time.   

I'd like to thank Zootopians for posting that Snow Patrol's second cd, which was out at the time, was really. good.  That sparked me to go buy it. I knew the song Run and liked it,  but nothing else until Eyes Open.  I feel in love and finally saw them in Chicago for the Wildness tour. 

Vertigo is when I first remember Bajagirl from the old Zoo.  She was awesome.  I hope she is well.  I also hope everyone had fun at the viewing party.  Thanks to the U2 community. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Brilliant 2

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I was at these, and several of what would become six shows in Chicago for the Vertigo tour  I wore a color shirt I'd recognize for the dvd shows. We had great seats by Adam  I can see glimpses my shirt/self on the dvd, which is cool. 

Now we need to see some screen captures of you in the DVD ūüėĀ

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Brought back memories.  Saw the outdoor show in London and then 2 nights at MSG where we were sat right next to the walkway.  The indoor show was so much better than the outdoor one as it brought an intimacy which the set design asked for.  The video captures this intimacy with the close up shots and vertical camera work looking down on the band members. 

• Like 2

• bigwave unfeatured this topic