#U2getherAtHome Part 2 - Watch Along Virtual Vertigo Party

Max Tsukino

• Subscriber
On 7/19/2020 at 10:38 AM, cristiu2 said:

Nice to hear it's upscaled!!... And Yes, release it already in this blu ray format please.... Not wanting to be dependent of providers, slow internet, temporarly showing, etc etc.. . The collectors want to be part of the fun!! Call your bosses at Universal and upscale the u2-collection in HD for blu ray releases!!!

IMHO, this will happen. After watching the Berlin DVD and examining its booklet, I’m more convinced than ever that we will get another crack at these hi-def (original and upscaled) concerts in the marketplace. More later on that topic.

• Subscriber

Well, I finally watched the stream last night - my goodness, what a transformation (esp. on the video)! You would think that show was filmed in 2018 just like the Berlin e&i show. More thoughts later on it.

I wore my Vertigo tour shirt again for it - the front:

9BDA18EE-375F-4FF9-87FD-D2CEBB1F461A.jpeg

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, liverpool54321 said:

The indoor show was so much better than the outdoor one

So why is it I still want to see the outdoor one only having seen it indoors?   haha  (The grass is always greener with U2.)    😜   I'm spoiled.   I was envious when you guys got Vertigo in the stadiums.  That screen looked awesome.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

I finally got around to watching this earlier today. I didn’t get to see the Vertigo tour. I had a baby in 2004 - finances and child care issues made concert going a pipe dream for four or five years. Particularly for concerts as expensive as U2. 

Wow. I am so sorry I missed this tour. If the Chicago show is any indication of what the rest of the tour looked/sounded like, ..... just wow. 

ETA - And I've had "40" stuck in my head ALL DAY!

Edited by bgans
  • Like 1

• Subscriber

Loved the show, brought back some memories.  I saw the Saint Louis show and vividly remember Larry closing out the show with his awesome extra bit (I think he did a bit more here in STL).  It drew memories then of the Pop Tour 7-8 years earlier when Bono and Edge did an acoustic Sunday Bloody Sunday (which nearly had people in tears).

Well done guys.  Well done to the crew as well for filming a great show.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Manohlive said:

So why is it I still want to see the outdoor one only having seen it indoors?   haha  (The grass is always greener with U2.)    😜   I'm spoiled.   I was envious when you guys got Vertigo in the stadiums.  That screen looked awesome.

I think it's all relative to the memories one has.  I saw U2 on PopMart, (missed them for the Elevation tour due to an really bad ice storm that night), Vertigo and 360 Tour.  They all have their memories and specifics.  Loved how they pulled off Zooropa on 360 in what felt about 360F temp. lol (I think it was 95F at 10pm still.  They built a fan under Bono to keep him from passing out in his leather jacket.)

You get different experiences with indoor, outdoor, large and small scaled shows.  They all have their benefits and ways of approaching and pulling things off.

• Like 1

• Community Moderator
6 hours ago, FnlPrblm said:

I think it's all relative to the memories one has.  I saw U2 on PopMart, (missed them for the Elevation tour due to an really bad ice storm that night), Vertigo and 360 Tour.  They all have their memories and specifics.  Loved how they pulled off Zooropa on 360 in what felt about 360F temp. lol (I think it was 95F at 10pm still.  They built a fan under Bono to keep him from passing out in his leather jacket.)

You get different experiences with indoor, outdoor, large and small scaled shows.  They all have their benefits and ways of approaching and pulling things off.

Obviously, I don’t know what show you were at for 360, but I’m assuming you are talking about 2011. Some of those shows were brutally hot. 

Welcome to the Zoo, by the way. 😀

• bigwave unfeatured this topic