#U2getherAtHome Part 2 - Watch Along Virtual Vertigo Party

Max Tsukino

• Community Moderator
14 hours ago, FnlPrblm said:

That was awfully nice of them. (Them being the staff, right?

Them, as in the stadium and the band...according to the paper sent around to us, telling us when and how we were moving into the concourse. 

240B8407-ECDD-4FD2-A35A-4CF6E18E472E.jpeg

• Like 1

• Community Moderator
9 hours ago, xrayjets said:

I totally forgot about the fan cams 

I had too. I actually would have bought a copy of the Chicago one bc that was such an epic show for me....but the panda handfan 🤨. Remember pal40? She’s completely behind the purple one. 😂 #funnynotfunny We didn’t have those and neither did anyone around us. Maybe a ghost...😝

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, mich40 said:

I had too. I actually would have bought a copy of the Chicago one bc that was such an epic show for me....but the panda handfan 🤨. Remember pal40? She’s completely behind the purple one. 😂 #funnynotfunny We didn’t have those and neither did anyone around us. Maybe a ghost...😝

We could have bought one?   How did I miss that?   I'm trying to find myself in the pic at the Chicago show.  Sadly, I need to find my ticket stub.  I've been in Solider Field enough times to know where my seat is without looking at a TM map but I can't remember what section for that show.   I blame it on the pandemic.  😀 

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

We could have bought one?   How did I miss that?   I'm trying to find myself in the pic at the Chicago show.  Sadly, I need to find my ticket stub.  I've been in Solider Field enough times to know where my seat is without looking at a TM map but I can't remember what section for that show.   I blame it on the pandemic.  😀 

I just panned around for a little while thinking I never completed the tagging (I remember having a computer go down about that time).  I found myself more by my friend standing at the bottom of some steps.  I was standing and facing sideways (I think I got up to look for him). lol

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, mich40 said:

Them, as in the stadium and the band...according to the paper sent around to us, telling us when and how we were moving into the concourse. 

240B8407-ECDD-4FD2-A35A-4CF6E18E472E.jpeg

That's awesome.  I'll admit those kinds of calls are very very rare. I've worked at an ampitheater for a long long long time and usually they won't do stuff like that.  For one, if one of you would get hurt, you're on their property.  There are all kinds of cost and security (that most fans are unaware of) that needs to happen in order for you to walk even 3 feet into the gates.  Usual policy is just send you back to your car.  It seems un-fan friendly, but again, there are reasons (they aren't just doing it to be a jerk).  And that was before all the heightened policies due to bombings and shootings at venues worldwide (Adriana Grande's Manchester, UK show for a prime example).

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, mich40 said:

That’s disappointing & a bit funny at the same time 😊

Ive had a look around the Seattle fan cam, we must have been out getting mercy (or at the bar, more likely 😂)

• Subscriber

OK, let's give this new thread a test drive...

Since I am 99.99% sure that two weeks from yesterday the site will give us a new show to stream in honor of The Edge's 59th birthday (conveniently on a Saturday this year), do we have any interest in collectively viewing a show next Saturday (August 1) or, if that seems too soon, a week after The Edge's birthday, i.e., August 15th?

You say, "...but we have seen all that we can see, right?" Well, no - we haven't. When we finished the "main sequence" of shows, we successfully viewed together not only one, but two DVDs beyond that. I knew that Rattle & Hum would work, but even I was surprised by how well the 1987 Paris show worked out - I was dubious whether enough people would have it in order to make it work, but work it did! 👍

So, with the success of the '87 Paris show in mind, we could conceivably still see:

1) the DVD included with The Unforgettable Fire deluxe set - this would provide us with their full "Live Aid" set and selections from the following year's "A Conspiracy Of Hope" tour finale in Giants Stadium, which also is a nice reminder of when I saw them live for the first time, FWIW (it also has a bootleg live version of "11 O'Clock Tick Tock", and even the sepia tone version of the "Pride" video, not to mention "The Unforgettable Fire Collection")

2) the DVD with the selections from the Vertigo tour stop in Milan - this was included in the deluxe edition of "18 Singles" (we could even watch #1 and #2 on the same day since neither are full concert length individually)

3) @Ilmajoki recommended the selections from the old "Interference" VHS tape on the original live thread. Everything from this old tape was/is on the first and third DVDs of the AB Super (and Uber) Deluxe edition of "Achtung Baby". Do enough of us have this set to make it worth watching? I'd lean towards opting for the 3rd DVD more than anything - there's a LOT of ZooTV-era magic on that one.

I have one other idea for a collective viewing, but I would like everything else to be exhausted before suggesting it. The extra time would allow the idea to become more feasible too - take my word for it for now.

So are any regular participants of the old thread (new people, of course, are welcome too) interested in a collective viewing next Saturday (August 1) or two weeks after that? If you could say how many of the DVDs listed above you have as well, that would help us in planning. Thanks in advance! 😎

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, dmway said:

Since I am 99.99% sure that two weeks from yesterday the site will give us a new show to stream in honor of The Edge's 59th birthday (conveniently on a Saturday this year), do we have any interest in collectively viewing a show next Saturday (August 1) or, if that seems too soon, a week after The Edge's birthday, i.e., August 15th?

You say, "...but we have seen all that we can see, right?" Well, no - we haven't. When we finished the "main sequence" of shows, we successfully viewed together not only one, but two DVDs beyond that. I knew that Rattle & Hum would work, but even I was surprised by how well the 1987 Paris show worked out - I was dubious whether enough people would have it in order to make it work, but work it did! 👍

So, with the success of the '87 Paris show in mind, we could conceivably still see:

1) the DVD included with The Unforgettable Fire deluxe set - this would provide us with their full "Live Aid" set and selections from the following year's "A Conspiracy Of Hope" tour finale in Giants Stadium, which also is a nice reminder of when I saw them live for the first time, FWIW (it also has a bootleg live version of "11 O'Clock Tick Tock", and even the sepia tone version of the "Pride" video, not to mention "The Unforgettable Fire Collection")

2) the DVD with the selections from the Vertigo tour stop in Milan - this was included in the deluxe edition of "18 Singles" (we could even watch #1 and #2 on the same day since neither are full concert length individually)

3) @Ilmajoki recommended the selections from the old "Interference" VHS tape on the original live thread. Everything from this old tape was/is on the first and third DVDs of the AB Super (and Uber) Deluxe edition of "Achtung Baby". Do enough of us have this set to make it worth watching? I'd lean towards opting for the 3rd DVD more than anything - there's a LOT of ZooTV-era magic on that one.

I have one other idea for a collective viewing, but I would like everything else to be exhausted before suggesting it. The extra time would allow the idea to become more feasible too - take my word for it for now.

So are any regular participants of the old thread (new people, of course, are welcome too) interested in a collective viewing next Saturday (August 1) or two weeks after that? If you could say how many of the DVDs listed above you have as well, that would help us in planning. Thanks in advance! 😎

Hi dmway, Ok I am interested in a collective viewing on August 1st and luckily I have all of the DVD's you mention above so I am happy to go along with any choice that would suit the majority. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, acrobat said:

Hi dmway, Ok I am interested in a collective viewing on August 1st and luckily I have all of the DVD's you mention above so I am happy to go along with any choice that would suit the majority. 

Thank you very much for saying so!

We’ll give people an extra day or two to happen across this proposed idea to see if it has legs for next Saturday; otherwise, we’ll wait a couple more weeks. I suspect that there may be enough people who have the DVDs in question to pull off another viewing or two over the next few weeks/months.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, dmway said:

Count me in for either video people decide to watch.

• Thanks 1

• bigwave unfeatured this topic