#U2getherAtHome Part 2 - Watch Along Virtual Vertigo Party

Max Tsukino

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

If it's an official release commercially available in any shape or form, please do not post any link here - discuss it at leisure, just no links. Same with full bootlegged shows. Thanks.

“Commercially available” still applies even if the release is out-of-print and only used copies are obtainable - is that correct?

If so, that possibility is what inspired made me think to check in the first place. Thank you.

• Like 1

• Community Moderator
2 minutes ago, dmway said:

“Commercially available” still applies even if the release is out-of-print and only used copies are obtainable - is that correct?

If so, that possibility is what inspired made me think to check in the first place. Thank you.

That is correct. 

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
On 7/22/2020 at 8:19 PM, mich40 said:

Can you see you in the fan cam?

Found my ticket stub for that 360 show..  I completely forgot that the couple in front of us decided to stand for the fancam.  No way I could have tagged myself but I wanted to smack them!   😛   Whenever I think of 360 at Soldier Field, I think of One Tree Hill.  I could not believe they were doing it.  I almost started with the, "See?  They always do something cool the last night of Chicago." speech when I realized my buddy was gonna give me the same look I was giving him when he was whining about the sunshine and heat.   Lol   

It was a lot of fun going through all my ticket stubs-so many memories of so many great concerts I've been fortunate enough to see over the years.

• Like 1

• Community Moderator
34 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Found my ticket stub for that 360 show..  I completely forgot that the couple in front of us decided to stand for the fancam.  No way I could have tagged myself but I wanted to smack them!   😛   Whenever I think of 360 at Soldier Field, I think of One Tree Hill.  I could not believe they were doing it.  I almost started with the, "See?  They always do something cool the last night of Chicago." speech when I realized my buddy was gonna give me the same look I was giving him when he was whining about the sunshine and heat.   Lol   

It was a lot of fun going through all my ticket stubs-so many memories of so many great concerts I've been fortunate enough to see over the years.

Yes. That was so special with One Tree Hill and Bono getting boo’ed when he mentioned and then saying they weren’t playing it and then Edge having to remember how to play it. Still one of my all time favorite shows. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 7/27/2020 at 1:01 AM, Ilmajoki said:

I am able to participate but there are some challenges, I do not have 1) nor 2) and 3) Vhs cassette is in book shelf but no VCR player anymore.

15 hours ago, hillpy2 said:

Unfortunately I don’t have any of the DVD’s you mentioned

Check your messages soon for a way forward - it’ll be arriving shortly.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I'm always up for a virtual viewing.  I don't know if I can.  Screen time determines that.  If I can, I don't have any of those DVD's either.  

I whispered to the little birdie that delivered the last batch of messages, and he said another batch was being delivered imminently.

Birdies are cool like that. 🦉😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Subscriber

Status update...

There seems to be enough interest expressed both on-thread and off to suggest that this Saturday, August 1st, is a “go” for launch! 

I suggest the following order for viewing:

1) LiveAid songs

2) “A Conspiracy Of Hope” show songs

3) Milan Vertigo songs

The first two (since they are both on the UF Deluxe edition DVD) we will do one after the other in relatively short order - if there is a consensus among the viewers at the time, we can have a small break between the two.

We’ll have a somewhat longer break (i.e., 5 to 10 minutes) before beginning the Milan Vertigo songs. The three shows combined give us just about a full concert-length viewing experience.

The starting time, of course, is the same as always. I’ll give a reminder of that time in large boldface (as is customary) soon.

All are welcome - see you here and then! 😎

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, mich40 said:

Yes. That was so special with One Tree Hill and Bono getting boo’ed when he mentioned and then saying they weren’t playing it and then Edge having to remember how to play it. Still one of my all time favorite shows. 

I realize it's an inside kind of thing, but I'm curious, why did they get booed?  I never watched the show One Tree Hill (I know of it, that's it).  Was the show's setting in Chicago or something?  I'm kind of puzzled here.

• bigwave unfeatured this topic