#U2getherAtHome Part 2 - Watch Along Virtual Vertigo Party

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Thank you!!

From Vertigo... to Vertigo...!

15 years ago today I was in between my first U2 concert and... the second! Me and my friend decided to go to Nice in a pair of weeks because after the gig in Rome we went crazy...

This is a picture I took 15 years ago in Rome. :)
Sorry for the bad quality but... so precious memories for me. ❤️

PHTO0007S.JPG

Edited by seresere
  • Like 3
  • Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

for those asking, just got a note from the tech team (i will be sure to send back any comments on the tech aspect of things, they will appreciate I am sure   It’s never been released at thi

One of my favorite U2 stories was for this tour. I got tickets for the Staples center on Nov. 1st, 14th row behind the stage. Was a bit bummed to be looking at their backs the whole show... but, hey,

Thanks to everyone that has joined us today. You are what make these streams so special. Subscribers: if you want to take a little bathroom break and meet us over here for the documentary, see yo

Posted Images

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, seresere said:

Thank you!!

From Vertigo... to Vertigo...!

15 years ago today I was in between my first U2 concert and... the second! Me and my friend decided to go to Nice in a pair of weeks because after the gig in Rome we went crazy...

This is a picture I took 15 year ago in Rome. :)
Sorry for the bad quality but... so precious memories for me. ❤️

PHTO0007S.JPG

You're welcome - that's a great shot!

Thanks for being here!

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, acrobat said:

I saw them live at Twickenham on this tour.

Me too... not my first U2 shows, but the first time I had the proper live U2 experience that I'd always dreamed of. I will never forget that weekend. (I wrote it up in great detail afterwards and shared our photos here, for anyone who is interested.)

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 8/2/2020 at 3:52 AM, Canadanne said:

Me too... not my first U2 shows, but the first time I had the proper live U2 experience that I'd always dreamed of. I will never forget that weekend. (I wrote it up in great detail afterwards and shared our photos here, for anyone who is interested.)

This was an interesting report, thanks for sharing.

• Subscriber
On 8/1/2020 at 8:52 PM, Canadanne said:

13 hours ago, Ilmajoki said:

This was an interesting report, thanks for sharing.

I agree - that was great! Thank you for posting it!

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 8/1/2020 at 4:22 PM, dmway said:

If you want to know where I was sitting, I was off to Bono's right in the lower level about midway back. 😎 (As he is looking out to the crowd, that is)

On 8/1/2020 at 4:24 PM, hillpy2 said:

How Awesome to have been there!!!!

On 8/1/2020 at 4:30 PM, acrobat said:

How amazing to have seen them live back then. 

On 8/1/2020 at 4:31 PM, dmway said:

I certainly can't disagree with that. I still feel truly blessed to have been there.

...and now I can finally elaborate more as to why I felt truly blessed to be there - it would have been to difficult to write as we were watching the show.

First, I felt blessed simply for being there during one of their most iconic shows, esp. pre-JT - it's right there with their US Festival, Red Rocks, and LiveAid shows as among their most significant. If you get a chance to see the full show (it exists in the expected places), it's worth it. For example, Bono singing along with The Police on "Invisible Sun" was one of the coolest moments of the show.

I also felt blessed for how I was even able to get a ticket. The process for getting tickets for this show was done the old-fashioned way for in-demand shows: by mailing in your ticket request! The process was:

1) you could only buy a block of 4 tickets - no single tickets, no pairs, no groups of 3. 4 tickets only.

2) you also had to send in a check for the full payment in advance of the lottery. (If you won the lottery, you got 4 tickets which could have been anywhere in the stadium; if you lost, you were sent your check back.)

So, to have gotten tickets at all for the show was a real stroke of luck. Strangely, I had an extra stroke of luck that I couldn't reasonably have expected.

A friend of mine suggested getting tickets for the show. We were big U2 fans and we had other friends that were big U2 fans - so getting 4 people to go was no problem. We mailed in our request with the check and waited. However, sadly, we didn't win the lottery. That appeared to be that; we would just watch the show in TV like pretty much the rest of the planet.

Then, a completely unexpected development happened. Someone else in our town also mailed in a request - he was fortunate enough to win! However, he had a problem - he didn't have three other people to go with him. He had two, but not anyone for the last ticket. This is now one of those moments where one feels like a certain event was destined to be. Now, this fellow and I went to the same high school, and he was a year behind me. To call each other "friends" would have been a massive exaggeration - we certainly knew one another, but we really were no more than acquaintances. He was a friend of my friends, without our being friends directly. Well, to make a long story short, somehow, someway he decided to ask me to go as the 4th member of his group! To say that this turn of events was unforeseeable would be a completely accurate statement. I could never have expected it.

Well, he asked if I would like to go. My heart said "yes" immediately; however, I told him that I felt obligated to check with the three people that I was in a group with to see if it were ok with them if I went. Fortunately, they said "yes" and they were touched that I had thought to ask. Part of the reason I felt obligated to ask (in addition to politeness, that is) is that this guy was closer friends with one of the people in our group - they weren't close friends, but certainly closer than he and I were. But, they were good people too and were happy that I was going to be able to go. I had their blessing and off I went. Not only was it my first U2 show, it was my first time for The Police, Bryan Adams, Peter Gabriel, Lou Reed, Howard Jones, Jackson Browne, Miles Davis (!), Joni Mitchell, among many, many others (Pete Townshend solo was supposed to be there too, but he had to fly back home on short notice because his father was near passing).

So, not only because this "A Conspiracy Of Hope" finale show just a great, great iconic show, but the circumstances behind my going were also beyond what could reasonably be expected to happen. Thank you, powers-that-be, for allowing me to go. It was a life-changing show.

• Brilliant 2
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, dmway said:

...and now I can finally elaborate more as to why I felt truly blessed to be there - it would have been to difficult to write as we were watching the show.

First, I felt blessed simply for being there during one of their most iconic shows, esp. pre-JT - it's right there with their US Festival, Red Rocks, and LiveAid shows as among their most significant. If you get a chance to see the full show (it exists in the expected places), it's worth it. For example, Bono singing along with The Police on "Invisible Sun" was one of the coolest moments of the show.

I also felt blessed for how I was even able to get a ticket. The process for getting tickets for this show was done the old-fashioned way for in-demand shows: by mailing in your ticket request! The process was:

1) you could only buy a block of 4 tickets - no single tickets, no pairs, no groups of 3. 4 tickets only.

2) you also had to send in a check for the full payment in advance of the lottery. (If you won the lottery, you got 4 tickets which could have been anywhere in the stadium; if you lost, you were sent your check back.)

So, to have gotten tickets at all for the show was a real stroke of luck. Strangely, I had an extra stroke of luck that I couldn't reasonably have expected.

A friend of mine suggested getting tickets for the show. We were big U2 fans and we had other friends that were big U2 fans - so getting 4 people to go was no problem. We mailed in our request with the check and waited. However, sadly, we didn't win the lottery. That appeared to be that; we would just watch the show in TV like pretty much the rest of the planet.

Then, a completely unexpected development happened. Someone else in our town also mailed in a request - he was fortunate enough to win! However, he had a problem - he didn't have three other people to go with him. He had two, but not anyone for the last ticket. This is now one of those moments where one feels like a certain event was destined to be. Now, this fellow and I went to the same high school, and he was a year behind me. To call each other "friends" would have been a massive exaggeration - we certainly knew one another, but we really were no more than acquaintances. He was a friend of my friends, without our being friends directly. Well, to make a long story short, somehow, someway he decided to ask me to go as the 4th member of his group! To say that this turn of events was unforeseeable would be a completely accurate statement. I could never have expected it.

Well, he asked if I would like to go. My heart said "yes" immediately; however, I told him that I felt obligated to check with the three people that I was in a group with to see if it were ok with them if I went. Fortunately, they said "yes" and they were touched that I had thought to ask. Part of the reason I felt obligated to ask (in addition to politeness, that is) is that this guy was closer friends with one of the people in our group - they weren't close friends, but certainly closer than he and I were. But, they were good people too and were happy that I was going to be able to go. I had their blessing and off I went. Not only was it my first U2 show, it was my first time for The Police, Bryan Adams, Peter Gabriel, Lou Reed, Howard Jones, Jackson Browne, Miles Davis (!), Joni Mitchell, among many, many others (Pete Townshend solo was supposed to be there too, but he had to fly back home on short notice because his father was near passing).

So, not only because this "A Conspiracy Of Hope" finale show just a great, great iconic show, but the circumstances behind my going were also beyond what could reasonably be expected to happen. Thank you, powers-that-be, for allowing me to go. It was a life-changing show.

Very simple to explain what happened: You were meant to see that concert! Simple like that! And I'm very glad you were able to be there!

• Thanks 1
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, andryu2 said:

Very simple to explain what happened: You were meant to see that concert! Simple like that! And I'm very glad you were able to be there!

Thank you - it was an amazing experience. A great way to see our band for the first time. 😊

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

So, I wonder when the site will announce what will be occurring for our beloved guitarist's 59th birthday this Saturday. Surely it must be soon.

I hope enough time has elapsed for the tech team to have cleaned up another show - having said that, if they haven't had the time/opportunity, that didn't prevent the Slane show going out as it did for Bono's birthday.

In any case, I can't wait to see! 😎

• Like 2
  • Subscriber
12 hours ago, dmway said:

So, I wonder when the site will announce what will be occurring for our beloved guitarist's 59th birthday this Saturday. Surely it must be soon.

I hope enough time has elapsed for the tech team to have cleaned up another show - having said that, if they haven't had the time/opportunity, that didn't prevent the Slane show going out as it did for Bono's birthday.

In any case, I can't wait to see! 😎

Me too!

• Thanks 1
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic