#U2getherAtHome Part 2 - Watch Along Virtual Vertigo Party

• Subscriber
On 8/5/2020 at 5:49 AM, dmway said:

I hope enough time has elapsed for the tech team to have cleaned up another show

Maybe they'll be busy just having cake and Ouzo ? 😜

• Haha 1
  • Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

for those asking, just got a note from the tech team (i will be sure to send back any comments on the tech aspect of things, they will appreciate I am sure   It’s never been released at thi

One of my favorite U2 stories was for this tour. I got tickets for the Staples center on Nov. 1st, 14th row behind the stage. Was a bit bummed to be looking at their backs the whole show... but, hey,

Thanks to everyone that has joined us today. You are what make these streams so special. Subscribers: if you want to take a little bathroom break and meet us over here for the documentary, see yo

Posted Images

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Madfl3a said:

Maybe they'll be busy just having cake and Ouzo ? 😜

Perhaps! 😄

3 minutes ago, Canadanne said:

Perhaps they only did special celebrations for Adam and Bono because they were milestone birthdays. Might have to wait till next year for Edge and Larry viewing parties!

Well, I certainly thought about that, but it would still be disappointing if it were left unobserved. Slane went out at less-than-DVD quality in May; surely, they could come up with at least an equivalent effort now...

Also, the idea of “Sorry, Mr. The Edge, no show for you! Come back when you have a real birthday” seems so sad (and would equally be so for Larry’s 59th this coming Halloween too). Are we going to shortchange Bono and Adam next year too since they are “merely” turning 61? Not a good look...

But, what will happen will happen. It would be nice to see something special - there is still time...

(If nothing does happen, I do have a humble suggestion. Let’s see if the site makes it unnecessary.)

• Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, dmway said:

Perhaps! 😄

Also, the idea of “Sorry, Mr. The Edge, no show for you! Come back when you have a real birthday” seems so sad (and would equally be so for Larry’s 59th this coming Halloween too). Are we going to shortchange Bono and Adam next year too since they are “merely” turning 61? Not a good look...

You do realise that they're not actually watching those right? 😅 - I guess they're not even aware we put our party pants and have those streaming parties lol - but if you are, many apologies for all I might have said when Bono wears his captain hat. 

I kinda enjoy that unpredictable timetable they have on streamings. It never disappoints and just adds to the thrill! 

I'll prob just have cake and whiskey - no ouzo available at the store - and make a whole lot of noise on social medias as usual. I'm sure Edge will appreciate the notifications bipping all night. Or maybe I'll finally get blocked. Ha! 

• Subscriber

Sorry I could not be here again.  I've been very busy trying to get two Irish Terriers not to rip each other's throats out as they both learn I'm boss..  I'm bruised, battered and achy.  So worth it but really sucks I can't be at these parties.  Perhaps the next one...   I hope you had fun. 

• Thanks 1
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Sorry I could not be here again.  I've been very busy trying to get two Irish Terriers not to rip each other's throats out as they both learn I'm boss..  I'm bruised, battered and achy.  So worth it but really sucks I can't be at these parties.  Perhaps the next one...   I hope you had fun. 

We did, thank you - it worked out rather well! I was a bit apprehensive before we started about trying to coordinate three different shows from two different DVDs with many people viewing it on-line instead; however, it went very well, and we were in sync most of the time! 😄

Yes, Irish Terriers can play roughly. However, I know you have it in you to lovingly inform them that you are the master of the house! Good luck! 🍀

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Madfl3a said:

You do realise that they're not actually watching those right? 😅 - I guess they're not even aware we put our party pants and have those streaming parties lol - but if you are, many apologies for all I might have said when Bono wears his captain hat. 

I kinda enjoy that unpredictable timetable they have on streamings. It never disappoints and just adds to the thrill! 

I'll prob just have cake and whiskey - no ouzo available at the store - and make a whole lot of noise on social medias as usual. I'm sure Edge will appreciate the notifications bipping all night. Or maybe I'll finally get blocked. Ha! 

I would certainly hope that the band members would have other things to do rather than check in here on a regular basis. The point of the birthday threads/celebrations on-site here is for us to show our appreciation for them - if they were to actually see them, that would only ever be a bonus; however, they would be and are still worth engaging in even if they themselves never see them. In any case, I'm confident that at least a thread will appear for our beloved guitarist on his special day. It just seems to be a missed opportunity not to have something more special here on Saturday, esp. since his birthday this year is conveniently on a Saturday. But, opportunities have been missed before - the sun will still rise in the east and set in the west, etc.

I'll watch the "It Might Get Loud" documentary featuring Mr. The Edge in his honor two days from now. It's the least I can do for a guitarist that has given me/us so much joy with his bandmates.

• Brilliant 2
  • Subscriber
On 8/6/2020 at 3:33 PM, dmway said:

I'll watch the "It Might Get Loud" documentary featuring Mr. The Edge in his honor two days from now. It's the least I can do for a guitarist that has given me/us so much joy with his bandmates.

...and the magic day has come! 🎂

I am going to be watching this movie (i.e., "It Might Get Loud") at our usual collective viewing time (10 pm, Paris - 9 pm, London - 5 pm, Sao Paulo, BR - 4 pm, NYC - and 1 pm, LA - with equivalent times worldwide). If you want to join in, please do so. If enough of us are here, we can have a quasi-live thread. There is no obligation here - this is being arranged at the last minute out of necessity. If you are available and have access to the film (it is available at the usual places if you don't have the DVD/BluRay), please stop by and comment as normal. I hope to see you then! 😎🎸

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, dmway said:

I am going to be watching this movie (i.e., "It Might Get Loud") at our usual collective viewing time (10 pm, Paris - 9 pm, London - 5 pm, Sao Paulo, BR - 4 pm, NYC - and 1 pm, LA - with equivalent times worldwide). If you want to join in, please do so. If enough of us are here, we can have a quasi-live thread. There is no obligation here - this is being arranged at the last minute out of necessity. If you are available and have access to the film (it is available at the usual places if you don't have the DVD/BluRay), please stop by and comment as normal. I hope to see you then! 😎🎸

OK - we're still go for this viewing in about an hour (see times above).

Before coming over here then, please remember to say "happy birthday" to the man of the day himself here:

https://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/41277-the-edge’s-birthday-thread/

See anyone interested soon! 😎🎸

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, dmway said:

57 minutes ago, dmway said:

OK - we're still go for this viewing in about an hour (see times above).

Before coming over here then, please remember to say "happy birthday" to the man of the day himself here:

https://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/41277-the-edge’s-birthday-thread/

See anyone interested soon! 😎🎸

4 minutes to showtime...

• bigwave unfeatured this topic