Rumor of deluxe ATYCLB for October

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone who has posted here has expressed my own thoughts so I won't repeat what has already been said. What I will say is that either U2 or people in their organization seem to think that there is a

I bought the AB uber deluxe 20th anniversary reissue for just over $300 from Amazon Canada (which was somehow cheaper than Amazon US). That set was a veritable cornucopia loaded with conent - EXTENSIV

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I was looking forward to this reissue when I first heard the rumor, but this official announcement is leaving me totally underwhelmed.

Going back to the u2songs rumor page, the wealth of promotional output for this album could have been archived in this reissue at the superdeluxe level (namely the Irving Plaza, Manray, & farm club dot com live sets, plus the International Radio Session set). I'm sorry, but an audio rip of the Elevation DVD release should have been saved as a fan club release.

I suppose I'm cranky because I always thought an anniversary release would include the Walk On (hallelujah remix) which has only been available on a promotional CD-R.

• bigwave featured this topic
  • Subscriber

I will not lie, I will definitely buy the super deluxe box, but regarding the content I am disappointed, the whole material (4 remixes excluded) was already available in some way, I would have included more or different demos and another previously unreleased live show. The Joshua tree 30th was obviously better. A missed opportunity to get the definitive ATYCLB version..

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, standalonecomplex said:

I was looking forward to this reissue when I first heard the rumor, but this official announcement is leaving me totally underwhelmed.

Going back to the u2songs rumor page, the wealth of promotional output for this album could have been archived in this reissue at the superdeluxe level (namely the Irving Plaza, Manray, & farm club dot com live sets, plus the International Radio Session set). I'm sorry, but an audio rip of the Elevation DVD release should have been saved as a fan club release.

I suppose I'm cranky because I always thought an anniversary release would include the Walk On (hallelujah remix) which has only been available on a promotional CD-R.

U2 for some weird reason hold on all these rare recording or live tracks that are hard to get a hold to. They have everything in a vault, sitting somewhere in the dust. Why not release it to everyone and on top of making a boatload of $$$ in the process. This boxset like others in the past would be a great opportunity to do so.

Another possibility is offering club members free downloads of live tour content on a quarterly basis. Why not? We are loyal and keep supporting the band all these years. Share it! 

• Subscriber

I noticed U2.com is cheaper to buy this merchandise than Amazon and other retailers. I wonder why since in the past they were basically the same. 

• Subscriber

Wrong again u2!!  Was very excited when I heard the rumours. Now we get a big sized box with only 4, yes FOUR(!!!!!)new mixes. That's some achievement.

They sell the same stuff again and again. They should listen to the start oftheir remix-video for Numb.

No respect for fans, it's for the money again.... o yes, of course, how stupid I am...

Where has this great innovative band gone...