dmway

Rumor of deluxe ATYCLB for October

On 9/13/2020 at 5:40 AM, guinnessdrinker said:

Disappointing release for sure.

In comparison with re-issues from some other bands in recent years it compares very badly in terms of content. 

For example REM's, Automatic for the People and The Beatles, Abbey Road re-issues included great sounding new high resolution audio and 5.1 mixes on blu ray disc at lower cost.

There was much potential for this reissue but unfortunately I have to agree with most of the other comments on here expressing dissapointment. 

Altough it is true to say it is impossible to please everyone, I think a band like U2 should be setting the bar for re-issues but I don't think this is the case here.

Very well said. 👍 

I highlighted the bit I agree with the most - this set, and the JT set released 3 years ago, would have really benefited with the addition of a BluRay audio disc with 5.1 and high-resolution stereo versions of each. Even people who didn’t have a surround system would benefit from this - you have room for all the b-sides and other extra tracks too on such a disc.

The Beatles “Abbey Road” was done in Dolby Atmos too - talk about immersive sound! The best thing about Atmos is that the effect works even if you don’t have a dedicated decoder for it. Bono once sang “let me in the sound” - Dolby Atmos puts you there.

Let’s hope such releases exist someday.

• Brilliant 1

I like the packaging and art.  It's too much money for me but looks nice.  I just watched the video Bigwave posted. The book looks beautiful.  It's what I most want and why I got a big ornery about this release.  

As expected great design and packaging. Too bad not much new content. Give the fans real value. 

Admitting packaging looks great. Photobook by Anton is the only thing worth buying for me tough.  But 100 euros is too much for only the book and the package alone.

U2/universal should have taken a look at the new Prince 'Sign of the times' deluxe box. I would've paid double if the ATYCLB-box would've been like this.

Edited by cristiu2

When you think about it, you get better bang for your buck from the subscription gifts, such as;

U22, Another Time, Another Place live at the Marquee, The Joshua Tree Singles Remastered & Live, U2 LIVE SONGS OF iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE and U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE LIVE FROM BERLIN.

Most of this was previously unreleased or parts of it were. Where as the ATYCLB boxset is just old released stuff remastered. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, realgonekid said:

When you think about it, you get better bang for your buck from the subscription gifts, such as;

U22, Another Time, Another Place live at the Marquee, The Joshua Tree Singles Remastered & Live, U2 LIVE SONGS OF iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE and U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE LIVE FROM BERLIN.

I hope they keep coming with these releases. These are great. And great for collectors too.