Rumor of deluxe ATYCLB for October

dmway

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Nate Dogg said:

My order is marked as “Unfulfilled” in the U2 shop. Does that mean it hasn’t even shipped yet? WTF? I ordered the CD set over a month ago. 

Mine as well. It’s so weird. I know I ordered it.

• Subscriber

Listened through the whole thing on Apple Music yesterday. Have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed by the collection as a whole. Although it's nice being reminded of how good an album it is, and how good the b-sides, rarities and live cuts included are, the thing is I feel like I've already heard the vast majority of this stuff before (apart from Stateless). For comparison, Linkin Park released a very similar 20th anniversary box for Hybrid Theory, and it's a huge treasure trove - the original album, the remix album (Reanimation), and a whole bunch of rarities, demos, remixes and live cuts that have been hard to find up til now. Sad to say, but U2 could've done better with this reissue IMO.

• Subscriber

I bought the super deluxe cd boxset last Friday and the new triple vinyl at the same time. Didn't have the time to listen yet, but I am

especially happy with the outtakes of the album sessions, the addition of The Ground Beneath Her Feet on the album and also the

hardback book of Anton Corbijn. But I don't understand why the live show from Boston is with 19 songs not complete, in contrast to

what is announced on U2.com.

Edited by Malahide

• Subscriber

I was very disappointed to hear that there would be hardly any interesting material included. However, I was curious to hear the new mixes. I actually liked the new mixes on the Joshua Tree deluxe set...  BUT  again  VERY DISAPPOINTED. When I look at the world is completely ruined.

Oh yes, the photobook is great. But the tracklisting could've been so much better. Take a look at Prince's Sign of the times  superdeluxe issue.

Edited by cristiu2

• Subscriber

‘Just curious: Does anyone know how much the postage cost (to the US) is on the ATYCLB  CD Super deluxe box set? (The set itself is listed as $99.00 here on U2’s site)....   Would it be cheaper to buy it in the US from a record store?

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, hillpy2 said:

‘Just curious: Does anyone know how much the postage cost (to the US) is on the ATYCLB  CD Super deluxe box set? (The set itself is listed as $99.00 here on U2’s site)....   Would it be cheaper to buy it in the US from a record store?

The postage cost from where?

Why don't you just add it to your online shopping basket and see for yourself what the shipping cost is?

And then call up your local record store and ask them the price.

How can anyone here know what price your local record store is selling the set at, or if they even have it?

• Subscriber

I finally got my copy of the new CD remaster today. The packaging is very nice! I’m sure the sound will be improved too - I’ll let you know when I get a chance to listen to it.

They “remastered” the liner notes too:

The original notes for "Walk On":

6145408D-7F50-48BF-A1EF-7BB2B24643B6.jpeg

The new and improved "remastered" liner notes for "Walk On":

0282C87D-1604-4DF5-BC42-90CF819DC5C2.jpeg

Well played, U2, well played... 😎

Edited by dmway
  • Like 4