Jump to content

Rumor of deluxe ATYCLB for October


Recommended Posts

  • Community Moderator
30 minutes ago, OB said:

Can you get a digital download of all tracks if you purchased the CD/Vinyl deluxe set? 

The vinyl does come with a digital download card. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I finally got my copy of the new CD remaster today. The packaging is very nice! I’m sure the sound will be improved too - I’ll let you know when I get a chance to listen to it. They “remastered”

Everyone who has posted here has expressed my own thoughts so I won't repeat what has already been said. What I will say is that either U2 or people in their organization seem to think that there is a

Posted Images

  • Subscriber
53 minutes ago, mich40 said:

The vinyl does come with a digital download card. 

Damn.... I purchased the CD.

Thanks for the reply.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 11/6/2020 at 7:45 PM, dmway said:

I finally got my copy of the new CD remaster today. The packaging is very nice! I’m sure the sound will be improved too - I’ll let you know when I get a chance to listen to it.

They “remastered” the liner notes too:

 

The original notes for "Walk On":

 

6145408D-7F50-48BF-A1EF-7BB2B24643B6.jpeg

 

 

The new and improved "remastered" liner notes for "Walk On":

 

0282C87D-1604-4DF5-BC42-90CF819DC5C2.jpeg

 

Well played, U2, well played... 😎

...and I finally got around to listening to the new remaster.

It's very nice! Since the original album was well-recorded, well-mixed, and well-mastered in the first place, there wasn't a lot to improve. Having said that, the 2020 version does sound a little cleaner and has a little better sound balance. Nothing earth-shattering, but it does sound a bit better overall.

As I expressed in earlier posts, I'm still a bit disappointed that what was on offer in the deluxe set wasn't nearly enough to make me entertain the thought of actually buying it (especially with the eye-watering price for the set); however, I'm glad I got the single-disc version. It's a nice addition to the U2 collection.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
14 hours ago, dmway said:

...and I finally got around to listening to the new remaster.

It's very nice! Since the original album was well-recorded, well-mixed, and well-mastered in the first place, there wasn't a lot to improve. Having said that, the 2020 version does sound a little cleaner and has a little better sound balance. Nothing earth-shattering, but it does sound a bit better overall.

As I expressed in earlier posts, I'm still a bit disappointed that what was on offer in the deluxe set wasn't nearly enough to make me entertain the thought of actually buying it (especially with the eye-watering price for the set); however, I'm glad I got the single-disc version. It's a nice addition to the U2 collection.

 

Now featuring The Ground Beneath Her Feet (at least for those that didn't have that track included upon the album's initial release back in 2000). :)  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, u22009 said:

Now featuring The Ground Beneath Her Feet (at least for those that didn't have that track included upon the album's initial release back in 2000). :)  

Yes! That is a reason to get the single-disc version on its own (of course, as you may have already figured out, I already had the UK/ROI version; however, still, it’s nice to have a mildly improved version of TGBHF now.)

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...