Remastered videos on U2’s Youtube Channel

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“YouTube, Island Records, Interscope, and UMe have announced the relaunch of U2's Official YouTube Channel with weekly releases of the band's most iconic music videos and never before seen content on

One of the new “extras” released today.   

Posted Images

• Subscriber
On 1/9/2021 at 12:02 PM, mich40 said:

This is the song, upon seeing it back in 1983 on MTV, that transformed me from being aware of U2 and liking a handful of their songs to becoming a full-fledged U2 fan. I immediately bought "War" (on cassette - it was 1983) and haven't looked back since.

It's one of the older songs I wish would work its way back into a future setlist...

• Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber

This is a thread about U2 videos on YouTube, not U2 videos on U2.com. I don’t think it’s wrong that anyone would post a video from a completely different source on a thread celebrating remastered U2 videos. That’s the joy of it. That they’re all shared by everyone and anyone. If I’m wrong then I’ll stop sharing them. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Madfl3a said:

Capture.PNG.6ef1d743a37aee91bd1184343a1948fc.PNG

Dear whoever might fix this,

Please don't let the world believe that Bono still had a mullet in 2001 😭

Many thanks.

Me.

LOL that is hilarious! Gotta say, I think Bono wore the mullet pretty good!

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, cgmorgan777 said:

LOL that is hilarious! Gotta say, I think Bono wore the mullet pretty good!

Glorious and misunderstood 😂

Screenshot_20210115-130014_Google.thumb.jpg.04c1a4bef2a538fa68de76a0443af97e.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Community Moderator
16 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I was hoping we could agree to let the mods make any announcements of the newly remastered videos, even if we see them before they are officially posted here on U2.com.  I do not think anyone did it intentionally, however, when one of us announces a new release before they can, we take away their right to do so. This is a special thread. I can only speak for me when I say that if I was one of them, it would hurt me to announce any official news on U2.com if someone had already beat me to the punch.  If I was one of them, this thread would be one of the things I most loved about being a moderator for U2.com. 

This is not aimed at anyone.  I easily could have posted a new one in my excitement. Please do not take this personally.  I'm writing this out of respect, not criticism.

10 hours ago, cgmorgan777 said:

This is a thread about U2 videos on YouTube, not U2 videos on U2.com. I don’t think it’s wrong that anyone would post a video from a completely different source on a thread celebrating remastered U2 videos. That’s the joy of it. That they’re all shared by everyone and anyone. If I’m wrong then I’ll stop sharing them. 

I think I can speak for all of the moderators here. We do thoroughly enjoy bringing/sharing good news on the boards; but what we love more is the interaction with members of the community. Without you all here, we wouldn't be here. Starting this thread was not something I had to do, but something I chose to do.  It is not my thread, it is not Max's or Bigwave's thread.  The thread belongs to all of us here in Zootopia. It makes me happier to see people commenting on the videos and how much they love them than it does to actually post them. We are all on different time zones here, so if someone sees that a new video has been added to the Youtube channel and it hasn't been posted yet, then by all means, add it for everyone to see. The only things that we ask are that the only videos added are the ones that have been remastered (it's ok to do wishful thinking about what might be next, but without a video) and to wait until the premiere of the video before adding it.

• Like 3
  • Subscriber
On 1/15/2021 at 8:07 PM, Canadanne said:

Is that the hairstyle Bono described as "a cross between a badger and a mollusc"?

I'm tempted to say.... Hopefully? 😅

• Like 1