Remastered videos on U2’s Youtube Channel

• Community Moderator
8 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Will there be announcements as things are released over the next year?    Unreleased live content and behind the scenes.  Nice!   :Bananaphisto:

most likely...

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“YouTube, Island Records, Interscope, and UMe have announced the relaunch of U2's Official YouTube Channel with weekly releases of the band's most iconic music videos and never before seen content on

One of the new “extras” released today.   

This one makes me so so happy. Love this song so much.  

Posted Images

• Community Moderator
11 hours ago, xrayjets said:

Ive a confession (don’t judge me 😂)...I havent heard those two songs before...but they are excellent 👍👍

“Levitate” was on the subscriber gift “Medium, Rare, and Remastered”, and I must admit as much as I’ve gone on about it over the years, I am a little shocked you’ve never heard it but no judgement. “Stateless” was originally on the “Million Dollar Hotel” soundtrack, along with “The Ground Beneath Her Feet”. 

• 2 weeks later...

with the videos they're going to put up on the rebooted channel, is content shot on tape going to be uploaded at 50/60fps or is it just going to be uploaded without? i know tape stuff isn't shot at 50/60fps but it keeps the picture as sharp as it was it was originally. seen a lot of old content uploaded that way recently. usually people converting and uploading their old VHS tapes rather than official band accounts.

that live 11 o'clock tick tock video recently got uploaded and i just find the smooth motion distracting on tape stuff. same with Red Rocks when that was re-released a while ago.

Could anyone who runs this site maybe contact whoever's handling the youtube stuff and ask? would be disappointed if there's a big redo of the youtube with all the videos but the tape stuff just uploaded without the option to view it as we would have originally seen them.

thanks 🙂

Edited by 93lemons
  • Subscriber

This is a nice move by U2. I hope they revamp the whole video catalog for HD. Better yet 4K.

most were filmed in 35mm, do the upconversion is possible. That’s the beauty of film.

Again, congratulations for the nice move.