Elevation Live Watch Party.

• Community Moderator

:Elevation_Heart:

Elevation Live: Join our Watch Party on October 30th to celebrate 20 years of All That You Can't Leave Behind!

We're streaming the full Elevation Show Live from Boston to celebrate the 20th anniversary re-release of All That You Can't Leave Behind. Join fans from around the world, on October 30th (6pm BST/ 10 am PST), as we come together to get Elevated!

More info here: https://www.u2.com/news/title/elevation-live/

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 3
  • Subscriber

Ah, I agree! This is good news.

I was going to write a grand review of all the DVDs they have ever released (since we have watched them all together in somewhat close proximity time-wise) and, as an extension, say which ones would benefit from an HD upgrade the most. Since I never got around to it, I’ll give you the briefest of summaries: the Boston Elevation show is the one that would benefit from an HD upgrade the most. (If this surprises you, it shouldn’t - Boston was the first live DVD they ever released and it hasn’t been revisited ever since (until 2020, that is, hopefully). Every other show has had upgrading (not necessarily to HD quality, but improved over their initial releases) after its original release (except for Slane, which I hope is next for an HD upgrade). Anyway, I hope such an upgrade has happened.

I know they’re wanting to celebrate on the anniversary of the release of ATYCLB, but the 30th is a Friday, it is not? I hope those of us here in the Americas have workplaces tolerant to U2 fans. 😄 (Yes, I know many of us are still working at home, but not everyone is. Maybe this is a good reason for some to ask for the day off...)

• Like 3
  • Brilliant 1
  • Community Moderator
16 hours ago, sukhjitkamal said:

This is cool. Assume it will be in HD judging by the Boston YouTube videos.

Will it be available for 48 hours like the other u2.com streams?

Keep checking back. There will be more details to come. 

• Subscriber

14 hours ago, dmway said:

Ah, I agree! This is good news.

I was going to write a grand review of all the DVDs they have ever released (since we have watched them all together in somewhat close proximity time-wise) and, as an extension, say which ones would benefit from an HD upgrade the most. Since I never got around to it, I’ll give you the briefest of summaries: the Boston Elevation show is the one that would benefit from an HD upgrade the most. (If this surprises you, it shouldn’t - Boston was the first live DVD they ever released and it hasn’t been revisited ever since (until 2020, that is, hopefully). Every other show has had upgrading (not necessarily to HD quality, but improved over their initial releases) after its original release (except for Slane, which I hope is next for an HD upgrade). Anyway, I hope such an upgrade has happened.

I know they’re wanting to celebrate on the anniversary of the release of ATYCLB, but the 30th is a Friday, it is not? I hope those of us here in the Americas have workplaces tolerant to U2 fans. 😄 (Yes, I know many of us are still working at home, but not everyone is. Maybe this is a good reason for some to ask for the day off...)

Since I'm working at home, I think I will be able to watch it!

• Like 3
  • Subscriber
21 hours ago, dmway said:

[...]

I know they’re wanting to celebrate on the anniversary of the release of ATYCLB, but the 30th is a Friday, it is not? [...]

And Saturday, the following day, is Larry's Birthday! :Larry_Now:
I hope I can join :)

• Like 1
  • Community Moderator
5 minutes ago, bacadorina said:

What are the european times for the streaming? Or as U2 Said during 360 Tour: what time is it in the World???

6pm is British Time, so same or +1, depending on where you are.  Keep checking back, as with previous events, we should have a time table for the different time zones once we get closer.

• Like 1