Elevation Live Watch Party.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Elevation Live: Join our Watch Party on October 30th to celebrate 20 years of All That You Can't Leave Behind! We're streaming the full Elevation Show Live from Boston to celebrate the 20th anniver

Opinions, ideas and point of views are not monolithic entities - they can be revised over time and changed and adjusted when it applies, even to a point in which a total change of course or an opposit

Let’s face it 2020 has been, well a bit shit.   I’ll always remember though the great times we had with all the watch parties, official & unofficial.   I cant wait to see every

Posted Images

• Community Moderator
7 minutes ago, Madfl3a said:

Wow. You pick up on loads of stuff guys... 

I have no idea what Bono's rambling about most of the time. All that leather is too distracting 😇 

Is the leather telling you what to do? ;)

Personally, I think it's all about the drums.

• Haha 2
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Is the leather telling you what to do? ;)

Personally, I think it's all about the drums.

Leather and drums. Yes. That... What were we talking about? 🤣

Oh right. Let's just blame the leather pants and go back to glorious.. Contemplation. I need to watch that show again now. Ha. 

499848305_ezgif.com-gif-maker(41).gif.96ec876ef166eda7afdea0d554d25527.gif

• Haha 1
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Madfl3a said:

Wow. You pick up on loads of stuff guys... 

I have no idea what Bono's rambling about most of the time.

Ive tried for years to work out what Bono says between Bad & Streets in this show. Ive still got no idea 🤷‍♂️ 

• Subscriber

What I wrote about the n word comes from living thirty minutes north of Kenosha.  Wauwatosa, which is six miles from me, was barricaded by a called up National Guard for a while a short time ago. Those protests have been happening daily for months. The sheriff in Kenosha is warning armed militias from showing up at the polls on Tuesday for our election. Protests are passing my apartment, with megaphone shouting F the police. They are not being stopped to dispel tension.  I did not mean to stir up anything.

14 hours ago, Grzeko said:

showed disrespect

I meant none when I reacted to what you wrote.  I think it was right for them to edit out the n word.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Manohlive said:

This stream is free.  If you have a problem with what they did, go find whatever version it is that you are missing and do what you have to do.  You called them lazy bastards.  I'm not sure if you meant U2 or the people who work for them.  Either way, I take offense.

The 'n' word is so offensive that you could not type it for fear of reprisal. That should speak for itself.

How can this speak for itself if there is censorship? And what about freedom of speach, is it illigal in USA or the Western civilisation to speak out your mind? 

Look what happenes right now in France, it’s all about the liberty of expression and freedom of speach. 

I was shocked when I heard that beep instead of the original word, it is trully non sense to remove it!

Those who are offended by that word should not listen to the record, no one is forcing them.

Edited by bacadorina
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, bacadorina said:

Look what happenes right now in France, it’s all about the liberty of expression and freedom of speach. 

What's happening in France is about sick people doing sick things. Nothing else. The lack of humanity can't be justified by ANYTHING. 

1 hour ago, bacadorina said:

I was shocked when I heard that beep instead of the original word, it is trully non sense to remove it!

Those who are offended by that word should not listen to the record, no one is forcing them.

I don't see any censorship in this, I only see a mark of respect. And don't @ me that the word was there in the first place. Society evolved and thank god for that. There are many things that were borderline acceptable, or disregarded maybe, 20 years ago. And I am so very glad mentality changed enough that this kind of editing is now a thing.

'La liberté des uns s'arrête là où celle des autres commence.' That's a thing from France that is worth remembering. 

And finally, and I'll stop there - it's their material! There could be a digitally added unicorn farting rainbows on that heart stage that I wouldn't question it. Their show, their choice. Why are we even discussing this? 

Stop arguing, just embrace the gift they're giving us. They're worst things in this world than a U2 concert. 

(That's what happen when I don't drink coffee Adam..) 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Madfl3a said:

What's happening in France is about sick people doing sick things. Nothing else. The lack of humanity can't be justified by ANYTHING. 

I don't see any censorship in this, I only see a mark of respect. And don't @ me that the word was there in the first place. Society evolved and thank god for that. There are many things that were borderline acceptable, or disregarded maybe, 20 years ago. And I am so very glad mentality changed enough that this kind of editing is now a thing.

'La liberté des uns s'arrête là où celle des autres commence.' That's a thing from France that is worth remembering. 

And finally, and I'll stop there - it's their material! There could be a digitally added unicorn farting rainbows on that heart stage that I wouldn't question it. Their show, their choice. Why are we even discussing this? 

Stop arguing, just embrace the gift they're giving us. They're worst things in this world than a U2 concert. 

(That's what happen when I don't drink coffee Adam..) 

Mais de laquelle liberte est-ce que tu parles? 

Using a word or another it doesn’t mean affecting others people liberty, on the worst case it affects their feelings which is another different thing.

The society evolved? Reality demonstrate it is the other way around, the things are going into the wrong direction, the Western civilisation is falling apart, you just don’t realise it yet.

It is a diagrace that U2 are now ashame of what they didn’t really did at all 20 years ago and they became so politically correct. 

U2 use to be a rebel band, agaist the mainstream, unfortunately they are now exact the opposite of that. It’s their age, I suppose. Not The Edge.

Yes, it is their piece of art and they can change it as they want to, but latelly they became more catholic than the Pope and this is not a good thing.

This is my point of view, I don’t need you to agree with, as I Said it is about freedom of speach.

Edited by bacadorina
  • Subscriber
14 hours ago, Manohlive said:

The 'n' word is so offensive that you could not type it for fear of reprisal. That should speak for itself.

I'm writing it now, he said it 19 years ago, as a reference to other song. See the difference, by any chance? Today I'd be banned even if I quoted frontman of the band because of which we're all here. However, the word is still used in movies and other art productions, so hold your horses boy. And please read what I wrote. I started with stating that they could cut out the whole rant, if they didn't want this word on the official release. But you decided to ignore this part, right? It was easier to hold to one word and jump on emotions, how predictable.

Nevertheless, it's a lazy release promoted with bunch of lies (i.e. "we picked songs form some of the best shows", which is actually the release we have since 2001).

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

Aaaalright... Let's all chill for a sec.

It's a nice thread.. A celebration of a band we love.. Let's focus on that 😁

Here's a little Bedge sweetness to ease everyone's nerve. 

719031602_ezgif.com-gif-maker(43).gif.371472750d5137376cca1eddae569d34.gif

I'll go make some chamomile tea for everyone now 😘

• Like 2
  • bigwave unpinned and unfeatured this topic