ZOOTV2021 or New Album & Tour?

Andyfff

• Subscriber

Sorry if this has already been posted (moderator feel free to delete) but I'm curious what the crowd thinks:

Once the pandemic is behind us and big shows start up again, would you prefer U2 finish and release a new record and tour for that, or since 2021 is the 30th anniversary of Achtung Baby, revise ZOOTV and do a tour where they play that album start to finish (plus a few more songs, like the Joshua Tree Tour.)

My personal preference, as somebody who saw ZOOTV in the Tokyodome in 1993, is they absolutely must bring it back. Not only was Achtung Baby one of their best records, but today's media landscape and political climate are just begging for a ZOOTV style ass kicking.

That being said, it needs to be fun for the band. I worry about Larry calling it quits a lot. If taking a new album out on the road would keep things new and exciting for them, then by all means do that. But these times cry out for ZOOTV. And those songs...!

Cheers,

Andy in California

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

ZOO TV was the ultimate high for me. I was in the front row and I was in paradise! I still regularly watch my DVD of the concert, yes DVD. Originally I had it on video. It would make my life complete if they were to do it again. 😍🙏

• Subscriber

Over the years U2 have played x10 songs from AB. The only song not played live is "so cruel".

For this reason I think AB has been represented enough and would want the Band to finish the next new album rather than do a novelty tour.

• Subscriber

From my concert experiences prior to TJT 2017, I had heard more of the tracks from Achtung Baby than I had those from The Joshua Tree.  The band did also play Acrobat for Experience + Innocence, a tour I unfortunately wasn't able to witness.  I'm not sure that ZOO TV is a concept that can be re-created easily, if at all.  To hear AB in its entirety though would seem like an opportunity too good to miss out on.  It's definitely my favourite album of theirs.  I'd absolutely welcome and want a new album tour as well.  It would be great if they could manage to get around to doing both.  The order in which they'd occur wouldn't matter much to me.

Edited by u22009

• 3 weeks later...