• Subscriber

The obvious answer is a 30th anniversary rerelease of "Achtung, Baby!" Possibly the JT30 tour will finally get a live film release, it would be cool to have some footage from the JT2019 tour added to the already existing JT2017 tour film.

I do hope that they have spent down time in 2020 writing and perhaps recording. New music in the new year would be welcome but I don't know how likely that would be. Perhaps they'll spring a surprise album on us similar to the unexpected SOI.

All in all.... who knows? There will be no tour in 2021, that's the one prediction I feel comfortable making.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

. Perhaps they'll spring a surprise album on us similar to the unexpected SOI.

This is my hope.  As much as I love Achtung Baby, I am hoping for a new album and eventual tour.   I'll go and be happy if they decide to do an AB anniversary tour. I hope they don't. I'm hoping it's all about new music.  I keep wishing something like Hold Me Thrill Me would get dropped to tease us until a full new album gets released.  In the meantime, it's fun to watch the remastered video catalog as it's slowly being released.  It's never enough...Lol

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

JT got two different anniversary reissues in 2007 and 2017 so I wouldn't be at all surprised if AB got the same treatment.

Truth! I did not remember this fact.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Manohlive said:

This is my hope.  As much as I love Achtung Baby, I am hoping for a new album and eventual tour.   I'll go and be happy if they decide to do an AB anniversary tour. I hope they don't. I'm hoping it's all about new music.  I keep wishing something like Hold Me Thrill Me would get dropped to tease us until a full new album gets released.  In the meantime, it's fun to watch the remastered video catalog as it's slowly being released.  It's never enough...Lol

Let's wait for the surprises.

• Like 1