alebiou2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 12/8/2020 at 11:12 PM, CorkVegan said:

The obvious answer is a 30th anniversary rerelease of "Achtung, Baby!" Possibly the JT30 tour will finally get a live film release, it would be cool to have some footage from the JT2019 tour added to the already existing JT2017 tour film.

I do hope that they have spent down time in 2020 writing and perhaps recording. New music in the new year would be welcome but I don't know how likely that would be. Perhaps they'll spring a surprise album on us similar to the unexpected SOI.

All in all.... who knows? There will be no tour in 2021, that's the one prediction I feel comfortable making.

On 12/9/2020 at 10:12 AM, CorkVegan said:

JT got two different anniversary reissues in 2007 and 2017 so I wouldn't be at all surprised if AB got the same treatment.

I completely agree with all of the above - since JT got a double dip on Deluxe Editions, I fully expect AB to get the same treatment. (I hope that there will be more that is unique to a new AB Deluxe set than there was between the two JT sets (frankly, I thought the 2007 JT set was better than the 2017 version)).

I also think that a tour supporting a new album and a AB anniversary tour are not necessarily mutually exclusive. You could easily do both: AB in full, selections from a hoped-for new album, “Streets” w/ a handful of other classics...and there’s a complete setlist! 😎

I also concur that this tour (whatever it turns out to be) won’t happen until 2022. 2021 will be a year of healing from 2020, a year that will start rough but will get better as it goes. Something approximating our former “normality” won’t get here until 2022. That even works out for a 30th anniversary of the tour for AB (a.k.a., ZooTV) - AB the album came out in 1991, but the tour supporting it didn’t begin until 1992. All is in balance... 🙏 

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 2
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I reckon we'll get the TJT30 feature that Corbijn filmed. Also, while an Achung/Zoo TV 30th tour would be cool (working on the basis that full-capacity live music and large-scale touring are back up and running next year), I'm at the point where I'm just about ready for a new album.

• Like 2

• Subscriber

I think at least the lads (bono & edge) showed on RTE last week that they've 'still got it! - whatever it is!' to quote Bono.

Yeah, can't see anything live outdoors or indoors, and quite what they've collaboratively been up to over the past year is anyone's guess.

Let's go for the hope of a little 'EP' - half a dozen little nuggets to keep us all sane!?😃

Edited by yardie
  • Like 4

• Subscriber
On 12/24/2020 at 9:42 PM, dmway said:

I completely agree with all of the above - since JT got a double dip on Deluxe Editions, I fully expect AB to get the same treatment. (I hope that there will be more that is unique to a new AB Deluxe set than there was between the two JT sets (frankly, I thought the 2007 JT set was better than the 2017 version)).

I also think that a tour supporting a new album and a AB anniversary tour are not necessarily mutually exclusive. You could easily do both: AB in full, selections from a hoped-for new album, “Streets” w/ a handful of other classics...and there’s a complete setlist! 😎

I also concur that this tour (whatever it turns out to be) won’t happen until 2022. 2021 will be a year of healing from 2020, a year that will start rough but will get better as it goes. Something approximating our former “normality” won’t get here until 2022. That even works out for a 30th anniversary of the tour for AB (a.k.a., ZooTV) - AB the album came out in 1991, but the tour supporting it didn’t begin until 1992. All is in balance... 🙏 

I agree that new tour only in 2022

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

a mega rehash of the already  deluxe 20th anniversary AB but costing double the price with some exclusive bono nail clippings!

or a compilation album of bono's worst post achtung baby collaborations of which there are many mostly (c)rappers