U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

• Community Moderator
49 minutes ago, dmway said:

Yes - I would call that incontrovertible evidence! 😄 That’s very good to know - thank you!

Reports of 360-degree cameras would be hard to make up - they have a very distinctive appearance (this was by me at the Newark show back in 2018): 

777D098E-6C97-4EBD-8299-54E7C059FC72.jpeg

I think that was one if you look at the right side of the stage, directly under the lamp you can see side stage. (Photo credit to someone else, not mine)
A7CAE2B3-4304-4C4F-B6E0-4222D32CE394.jpeg

Here it is in one of my photos, right there at Bono.

BA66F286-CD64-47FD-AF50-2006198E1E41.jpeg

I can say that the floor was shaking like crazy and any video footage would have been highly affected by it. I remember somewhere between I Will Follow, Out of Control and Electric Co, the floor was shaking so much, my friend and I held on to each other to keep from falling. I remember thinking that if the floor collapsed, at least I was having the time of my life. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Brilliant 1
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Physical formats create the pleasure of listening music at home, it´s my opinion. Still purchasing vinyls, CDs and DVDs.

I think that was one if you look at the right side of the stage, directly under the lamp you can see side stage. (Photo credit to someone else, not mine)   Here it is in one of my photos, righ

Posted Images

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, mich40 said:

I think that was one if you look at the right side of the stage, directly under the lamp you can see side stage. (Photo credit to someone else, not mine)
A7CAE2B3-4304-4C4F-B6E0-4222D32CE394.jpeg

Here it is in one of my photos, right there at Bono.

BA66F286-CD64-47FD-AF50-2006198E1E41.jpeg

I can say that the floor was shaking like crazy and any video footage would have been highly affected by it. I remember somewhere between I Will Follow, Out of Control and Electric Co, the floor was shaking so much, my friend and I held on to each other to keep from falling. I remember thinking that if the floor collapsed, at least I was having the time of my life. 

Yes - I would call that direct evidence of a 360-degree camera at the Apollo show (that you were so fortunate to attend. 😎)

I hope that the footage from Newark, NJ and the Apollo show ends up in the wider world someday...

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
51 minutes ago, sukhjitkamal said:

The 360 cameras were also used at some EI shows. It's a shame we never got to see that footage either. 

I think the Newark, NJ e&i show was the only one where they used it outside of the Apollo show. Those are the only two reported sightings I ever read about on any of the U2 sites I’ve been on (which makes me extra happy that I was at that particular Newark show by chance - I normally don’t see shows there).

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 1/11/2021 at 5:16 PM, joshthetree said:

We've had CDs, vinyl, books and prints. I think we need a VHS and compact cassette just to complete our collections🙃😉

a VHS would be GREAT :2HBa1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Subscriber
On 1/12/2021 at 6:07 PM, OB said:

Release to the fans even if the quality is not top notch.

No artist wants to release something that does not meet with his or her approval.  The second they released it. people would be criticizing them for putting out crap. (not saying it is)

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 1/12/2021 at 9:17 AM, sukhjitkamal said:

The Apollo Concert was also filmed with 360 degree cameras, for a possible web project that has never been released. Apparently the audience was jumping so much that the vibration of the theatre caused problem for the footage recorded with the 360 cameras - especially the main one. 

Never knew that! Omg that's hilarious (not for everyone I guess but still 🤣) - U2 fans at their best ! 

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, darkbeforethedawn said:

Please include entire setlist in sequence. Not weird stuff like Mysterious Ways being the last track on Go Home, which marred an otherwise epic live release.

Well if it's anything like the Sirius Broadcast then RFD will be cut and Wild Horses will be after Love Is Bigger, even though it was performed before it.