Jump to content

U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber
On 1/14/2021 at 3:27 PM, Manohlive said:

No artist wants to release something that does not meet with his or her approval.  The second they released it. people would be criticizing them for putting out crap. (not saying it is)

Sure, I get it but I doubt the final product would be crap. U2 always strive for the best people working on their gigs. What they often do is not releasing the material.

I still don't understand why there isn't a TJT tour video released after this long. What are they waiting for? This pandemic times would be perfect since people are stuck at their homes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that was one if you look at the right side of the stage, directly under the lamp you can see side stage. (Photo credit to someone else, not mine)   Here it is in one of my photos, righ

Physical formats create the pleasure of listening music at home, it´s my opinion. Still purchasing vinyls, CDs and DVDs.

Posted Images

  • Subscriber

U2 are known for their focus on perfection and getting everything just right. However I have noticed some flaws getting through in recent live releases. The live concerts on recent deluxe reissues have included lyrical flubs by Bono. For example on "Bullet The Blue Sky" from NYC on JT30 he sings..

"Take the first floor to the first floor."

There is something similar on the Boston show on ATYCLB deluxe. Maybe they are relaxing a bit and overlooking imperfections in otherwise solid performances. If so we may eventually see some Apollo 360 footage. Perhaps not the entire show but clips where the music overcomes technical difficulties.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 1/2/2021 at 2:03 PM, adamtaglietti said:

Confused with the renewal choices - standard and premium..The way they are named makes me feel like I could miss out on something!

Am I right in saying the 'Premium' option just includes the 2020 gift if you haven't already got it? And I won't be missing out by not selecting 'Premium'? It's worded like it's a different subscriber access level!

I've been subbed since 2014 so have all gifts apart from them R&H Dance Remixes (not lost sleep about not having them, though)!

*Edit - Just wanted to add, happy with this gift - would love an ATYCLB Irving Plaza 2000 CD at some point though!

With the premium subscription, in addition to last year's gift, there's also this:  "Streaming in 4K HD, in full, on demand."

I wonder if that means streaming access to all the SAME content, but in 4K quality?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, twogunpete said:

With the premium subscription, in addition to last year's gift, there's also this:  "Streaming in 4K HD, in full, on demand."

I wonder if that means streaming access to all the SAME content, but in 4K quality?

It just means you get access to the Berlin 4K stream. Which if my understanding is correct, is only available for a year. So seeing how the stream was first released in March 2020, I would assume it disappears in March 2021, leaving us with only the DVD. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

I have to ask the question why can’t we have downloads straight away from the Apollo show when we resubscribe? This show was played more than 2 and a half years ago why isn’t it good to go? 

  • Brilliant 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
23 hours ago, Dean Allison said:

I have to ask the question why can’t we have downloads straight away from the Apollo show when we resubscribe? This show was played more than 2 and a half years ago why isn’t it good to go? 

I believe that this was done with Live Songs of Innocence and Experience too.  They should post voting for the first two songs to be released soon and will release more until around August when the remaining ones will be released.  I'm not really a fan of it, but I guess it's probably to give us more content throughout the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Vertigo4Life said:

I believe that this was done with Live Songs of Innocence and Experience too.  They should post voting for the first two songs to be released soon and will release more until around August when the remaining ones will be released.  I'm not really a fan of it, but I guess it's probably to give us more content throughout the year.

Seems really pointless to me. With the Berlin show they were streaming that in March, wouldn’t the equivalent with this show just be to give us all the downloads straight away? I’d also like to think it will be dispatched well before August so all the downloads should be with us way before that too , they were a bit of a shambles with that live songs of innocence and experience set claiming it would be shipping in the spring I believe then not actually shipping until November. They haven’t mentioned when shipping will start yet but hopefully things are done more like the Berlin dvd release rather than how things were done with the live songs of innocence and experience release. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

I agree that it's pointless, but I guess they have some sort of reason for it.  I totally get where your coming from when it comes to U2 live songs of iNNOCENCE and eXPERIENCE, I subscribed with the premium package back in October as a gift from my family, but I got the Berlin show about a week or two later and I just got Live Songs of iNNOCENCE and eXPERIENCE a few weeks ago.  It definitely seems to make more sense from a marketing standpoint and from a standpoint of keeping your subscribers happy to release it right away.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, Dean Allison said:

With the Berlin show they were streaming that in March,

I'm not arguing for or against anyone, or anything, when I say this:  Our world shut down in March.  Perhaps they released the Berlin show for the streaming party, a little earlier than was planned, to lift our spirits? I don't know.  Al I I know it lifted mine.  Again, I'm not arguing for or against anything or anyone when I say:  We are in the middle of the same pandemic, which has grown into an even bigger monster.  Everything, everywhere, is slowed down here in America.  Venues by me are getting together and issuing pleas begging for people to please wear face masks because they are going under financially. We will not have venues for shows if we don't nip this pandemic in the bud.  EVERYTHING in America is slowed down right now.  Not only is the pandemic worse here than anywhere...places are going through very intense training to address racism/racial tensions in America. I have a best friend in the middle of one right now. They are exhausting. He's been doing it for weeks, as have other people I know. The whole system is reeling. I'm not defending Live Nation, however, everything is strained and buckling.  I just ordered something from the shop.  I am hoping it arrives in a couple of weeks.  I'm planning on it taking at least a month, if not more.  I live in America.  The mail is still a mess, albeit better than it was during the holidays.  I'm not defending Live Nation.  What I'm saying is anything that gets ordered by me anywhere, is taking much, much longer than it normally does.  If you are out of America, please remember that our country just went through an insurrection.  Customs is on high, high, HIGH alert.  Everything is going to take much longer.  Yet again, I'm not defending Live Nation, nor am I arguing with anyone's frustration.  I'm posting to say you should plan anything shipped from America-needing to go through several different businesses and agencies before it actually starts sending-to take much, much longer.  If it took too long last year, it's probably going to take twice that long right now. I know it sucks. This is just an  FYI; nothing more.   I hope you get your merchandise soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

I'm not arguing for or against anyone, or anything, when I say this:  Our world shut down in March.  Perhaps they released the Berlin show for the streaming party, a little earlier than was planned, to lift our spirits? I don't know.  Al I I know it lifted mine.  Again, I'm not arguing for or against anything or anyone when I say:  We are in the middle of the same pandemic, which has grown into an even bigger monster.  Everything, everywhere, is slowed down here in America.  Venues by me are getting together and issuing pleas begging for people to please wear face masks because they are going under financially. We will not have venues for shows if we don't nip this pandemic in the bud.  EVERYTHING in America is slowed down right now.  Not only is the pandemic worse here than anywhere...places are going through very intense training to address racism/racial tensions in America. I have a best friend in the middle of one right now. They are exhausting. He's been doing it for weeks, as have other people I know. The whole system is reeling. I'm not defending Live Nation, however, everything is strained and buckling.  I just ordered something from the shop.  I am hoping it arrives in a couple of weeks.  I'm planning on it taking at least a month, if not more.  I live in America.  The mail is still a mess, albeit better than it was during the holidays.  I'm not defending Live Nation.  What I'm saying is anything that gets ordered by me anywhere, is taking much, much longer than it normally does.  If you are out of America, please remember that our country just went through an insurrection.  Customs is on high, high, HIGH alert.  Everything is going to take much longer.  Yet again, I'm not defending Live Nation, nor am I arguing with anyone's frustration.  I'm posting to say you should plan anything shipped from America-needing to go through several different businesses and agencies before it actually starts sending-to take much, much longer.  If it took too long last year, it's probably going to take twice that long right now. I know it sucks. This is just an  FYI; nothing more.   I hope you get your merchandise soon.

I know where you are coming from but really even though you say you aren’t defending live nation that is exactly what you’re doing. How is it that people who ordered ATYCLB boxsets from u2.com were still waiting on it up until recently and might still be waiting for all I know but people who ordered from Amazon got it straight away and slightly cheaper. A few people were even given the 2cd ATYCLB set instead of the boxset they ordered. The live songs of innocence and experience cd issue was before any pandemic, that was a mess up plain and simple, they said shipping in the spring and were about 6 months late on that. Berlin last year was excellent, the stream in March was great, with the pandemic going on and the uncertainties I wasn’t expecting the dvd until much later than they had stated but we got it in very good time, no complaints with that. This years gift there’s no reason not to give us downloads just now, that’s not a delivery issue, the show was played 2 and a half years ago, it’s been streamed for Siriusxm subscribers, why can’t I/we as paid subscribers pay our money and get the downloads straight away then wait for the physical item? If we get them all by around March again like we got the full Berlin stream then it’s not too bad but I just don’t get why they’re not ready just now and it will be really poor if they scatter them over about 6 or 7 months a couple of tracks at a time. As for when we get the physical item I still think they should be trying to get them to us for the summer, that’s give or take 6 months from now, if it ends up being nearer the end of the year and they tell us that then I can accept that under the circumstances with the pandemic but give us the downloads just now or soon. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...