U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Dean Allison said:

How is it that people who ordered ATYCLB boxsets from u2.com were still waiting on it up until recently and might still be waiting for all I know but people who ordered from Amazon got it straight away and slightly cheaper. A few people were even given the 2cd ATYCLB set instead of the boxset they ordered.

I understand your frustration.  I was not addressing that.  I am addressing how long, in general, things are taking where I live.  I can't speak for the above.  It's not mine.  It's yours and yours alone to express.  It's not may place to say it is or is not wrong.  I'm addressing where things are at, right now, with shipping and such in my country, due to the pandemic.  It's a mess everywhere.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'U2: Live At The Apollo' This double CD set, bookending a beautiful photo booklet, is now in production. We'll be emailing our 2021 subscribers with news on the first tracks available

I think that was one if you look at the right side of the stage, directly under the lamp you can see side stage. (Photo credit to someone else, not mine)   Here it is in one of my photos, righ

Physical formats create the pleasure of listening music at home, it´s my opinion. Still purchasing vinyls, CDs and DVDs.

Posted Images

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I understand your frustration.  I was not addressing that.  I am addressing how long, in general, things are taking where I live.  I can't speak for the above.  It's not mine.  It's yours and yours alone to express.  It's not may place to say it is or is not wrong.  I'm addressing where things are at, right now, with shipping and such in my country, due to the pandemic.  It's a mess everywhere.

A lot of the problems with delays with fan club gifts has nothing to do with shipping anyway. It’s getting the item produced that’s the delay and that is entirely a u2.com/livenation issue to resolve. If they actually started shipping in June say then even if there was shipping issues/delays that would be fine the gift would arrive in good time. Last year during the pandemic showed that they could get a gift out to fans at a good time, there’s no reason to drop below they standards it would be nothing to do with shipping delays and all to do with a poorly managed service at u2.com if they don’t have the gift ready to ship at a sensible time in the year. And again that doesn’t address the issue of giving us downloads straight away. You are allowed to be critical on here you know, just because it’s u2 doesn’t mean you need to try and defend the indefensible. ‘I understand your frustration’ is something one of the customer service team on this site would hit out with whilst side stepping the issue. 

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

It’s all if’s and but’s with shipping just now anyway I wouldn’t expect the item to be shipped early February but I’m not excusing them from delays down the line either. My main and original point that is about just now is the downloads. There isn’t a good reason why they aren’t ready as soon as we resubscribe. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Same here in the UK its a mess with Covid and Brexit which is leading to lengthy delays at the Border.  Maybe the pepole that run the U2.COM shop  could put a note on the landing page of it which clearly states that dispatch/delivery is taking much longer than usual because of ..... 

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

Didn't we have to vote for which Live Songs of I/E we wanted first? That was a bit weird. Just release the Apollo show all at once digitally. There's no need to stagger the release. No one will then have a problem with the physical CD taking a while to be delivered. 

• Brilliant 2
  • Community Moderator

Time to move the conversation on. The past is the past and nothing can change that. As for this year’s gift, it will be released when and how they see fit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber
10 hours ago, electricco said:

100.thumb.jpg.89eb7dac3e27b1e1e651e4222ee4e0ba.jpg

I still have mine hidden with my other treasures.   it's a favorite U2 material possession.  I was gonna try and use it as a key chain.  Lol    It did not work. 

The dots on this 'floor shaking camera and cam footage being jumpy' just connected. You guys rocked so hard that you stopped the 360 cameras from getting a decent filming?   That's very U2, at least for me. 

• Like 1
  • Community Moderator
11 hours ago, Manohlive said:

The dots on this 'floor shaking camera and cam footage being jumpy' just connected. You guys rocked so hard that you stopped the 360 cameras from getting a decent filming?   That's very U2, at least for me. 

When you were a child, were you ever on a trampoline with a group of friends, all bouncing, but not in sync, so you’re having a great time but either trying to holding your footing while bouncing or holding on to each other to keep from falling? That’s what it was like for the first 3 shows. The beginning of the show was a powerhouse and we were all feeling it. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

They should make previous years gifts available for standalone purchase. I'm sure there's a warehouse somewhere with old stock laying about and I would love to purchase the older gifts that I missed out on - such as U22 and From The Ground Up.

• Upvote 1