U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'U2: Live At The Apollo' This double CD set, bookending a beautiful photo booklet, is now in production. We'll be emailing our 2021 subscribers with news on the first tracks available

I think that was one if you look at the right side of the stage, directly under the lamp you can see side stage. (Photo credit to someone else, not mine)   Here it is in one of my photos, righ

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Hallelujah! 🙏 Thank you very much for releasing the full show! Now let me expand on why I am so delighted that you have done it (and why I asked for exactly that all the way back on pg. 1 of this thread, along with many others subsequently).

I was annoyed that certain...let’s call them “morally-flexible”...people were selling this show at places that one can obtain such recordings. All those people did was record the show off of the Sirius broadcast (thus, no “Red Flag Day”) and sell the show without having permission to do so. Of course, there are many ways to address such a situation - however, one of the best ways is to do what U2/U2.com have now done: release the show officially here, and the version you get here is superior to the booted version. Thus, those boots are now much less desirable (and worthless, if you are a completist for such releases).

Well done to all those who made it happen! 👍 

The packaging looks wonderful too. Can’t wait to have it/listen to it! 😎

• Brilliant 3
  • Subscriber
10 hours ago, dmway said:

Hallelujah! 🙏 Thank you very much for releasing the full show! [...]

Maybe I know what you mean... ;)
I agree!
Well done, U2. ❤️

Waitin' for the first download-drop!

• Like 3
  • Subscriber

Very nice looking set. 👍

Just please release it all at once for download. The "two songs now, two songs later" routine is unnecessary BS.

• Like 5
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

Very nice looking set. 👍

Just please release it all at once for download. The "two songs now, two songs later" routine is unnecessary BS.

I concur. (I always thought that was done in the past as an effort to “buy time”, as it were. Having a couple of songs intermittently spread out over a long period of time just looked like a placating effort that, frankly, just wasn’t very pleasing - it was much more frustrating than pleasing.)

Anyway, I agree. 👍 

Edited by dmway
  • Like 2
  • Subscriber
9 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

Yes, especially when you have to keep re-downloading the same tracks each time they add a couple more!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

I just want to post another comment about the Apollo set. Really I think it’s excellent we’re getting the full show, I do hope we get the full show to download soon while we wait for the physical release but I also hope in future we’ll continue to get plenty of live stuff. I have to admit I’m not interested in books or photos but if that is a gift one year at least give us a full show to download alongside that. The fanclub is heading in the right direction, a full show 2 years in a row, one on cd, one on dvd and the year prior to that 2 cd’s worth of live material including some really rare live tracks. Just keep going, live stuff is what most fans want. The options are endless when it comes to different tours and different shows, to quote Numb ‘too much is not enough’ when it comes to u2 live. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
On 4/15/2021 at 5:47 PM, Canadanne said:

Yes, especially when you have to keep re-downloading the same tracks each time they add a couple more!

I still run across extras and scratch my head for a sec...   Lol

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Dean Allison said:

I just want to post another comment about the Apollo set. Really I think it’s excellent we’re getting the full show, I do hope we get the full show to download soon while we wait for the physical release but I also hope in future we’ll continue to get plenty of live stuff. I have to admit I’m not interested in books or photos but if that is a gift one year at least give us a full show to download alongside that. The fanclub is heading in the right direction, a full show 2 years in a row, one on cd, one on dvd and the year prior to that 2 cd’s worth of live material including some really rare live tracks. Just keep going, live stuff is what most fans want. The options are endless when it comes to different tours and different shows, to quote Numb ‘too much is not enough’ when it comes to u2 live. 

Absolutely- LIVE shows with the best possible audio is what the vast majority of fans want from these gifts.

Imagine having the Sellafield ‘ 92 gig, for example .

• Like 2