U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'U2: Live At The Apollo' This double CD set, bookending a beautiful photo booklet, is now in production. We'll be emailing our 2021 subscribers with news on the first tracks available

Physical formats create the pleasure of listening music at home, it´s my opinion. Still purchasing vinyls, CDs and DVDs.

I think that was one if you look at the right side of the stage, directly under the lamp you can see side stage. (Photo credit to someone else, not mine)   Here it is in one of my photos, righ

Posted Images

• Subscriber

The Promise 

Dec 2020 - "First downloads, track listing details and news on delivery coming in early 2021"

The Reality

May 2021 -

• Track listing - Yes
  • Downloads - None
  • Delivery - Not even close 

I think we are past early 2021 and its the same every year.  I really don't understand why in the digital/streaming age, if you are eligible for the fan club gift its not accessible straight away on your account? 

• Upvote 2
  • Subscriber

It really is disappointing to wait so long for downloads especially when they’ve came up with a great gift again. Maybe if someone who knew what was going on could help us understand why it’s taking so long? But it just seems like there can be no good explanation why an almost 3 year old show isn’t available to download in full already. I also dread getting an email in the near future telling me I can download just a few songs from the show then need to wait longer for more. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dean Allison said:

Well they’ve only gone and done it, 3 tracks available just now in the account section. I shouldn’t be surprised. 

I can't face this again - think I'll just wait for the full set this time!

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

I wish they would not say early 2021 (and other years).   Say later and if ready earlier in the year, it's a nice surprise.  In all fairness, we are still in the first half of 2021.  I am hoping starting to release the tracks means production of this year's gift is going well and wrapping up, if not done. Shipping logistics with the pandemic would not be a task I'd enjoy.  I hope that goes well too.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I wish they would not say early 2021 (and other years).   Say later and if ready earlier in the year, it's a nice surprise.  In all fairness, we are still in the first half of 2021.  I am hoping starting to release the tracks means production of this year's gift is going well and wrapping up, if not done. Shipping logistics with the pandemic would not be a task I'd enjoy.  I hope that goes well too.

If the live songs of innocence and experience set is anything to go by the production probably won’t be going well. There was tracks for that release available earlier in the year than these Apollo tracks and they didn’t start shipping that until end of October/November. They’re once again managing to take the shine of a good gift by drip feeding downloads. 

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

It's a bit strange they released the first downloads without announcing it. Disappointingly some snippets are missing and they've decided to drip feed us again. I'll wait until the whole show is available until I listen to it (again).

Edited by sukhjitkamal
  • Community Moderator
12 hours ago, Manohlive said:

From the help page:

Q - When can I expect to receive the double-CD due to begin?
A - Subscribers will start receiving the physical gift in July 2021.

• Upvote 2
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)

I did not know it said July.  They've three months before they are or are not fulfilling any obligation to us subscribers.  They always release a few tracks at a time.

Edited by Manohlive