U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

bigwave

• Community Moderator
17 minutes ago, charleswise said:

I renewed last year for two years. I’ve tried multiple browsers including my pc and phone. 

I’m not sure how you were able to renew for 2 years; but if you renewed before the Apollo gift announcement, then yes, you will need to renew again to receive the downloads/physical gift. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, mich40 said:

I’m not sure how you were able to renew for 2 years; but if you renewed before the Apollo gift announcement, then yes, you will need to renew again to receive the downloads/physical gift. 

I just renewed like normal last year, had extra money at the time and it let me add another year. I guess I’m confused as to why I wouldn’t get the same benefits regardless as to when I pay for the membership. If I paid for 10 years today at $500, I’d only get the gift for one if the years?  I’m in other fan clubs and have always been able to renew for multiple years and still get the gifts I.e. Pearl Jam. I mainly like to do it so I won’t forget and let it lapse lol. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber

charleswise you are absolutely correct. If I wanted to right now I could renew again which would take my membership to 2023 and in doing so I would surely be entitled to the 2022 subscription gift otherwise what else would I be adding another year for. 

• Like 1

• Community Moderator
47 minutes ago, charleswise said:

I just renewed like normal last year, had extra money at the time and it let me add another year. I guess I’m confused as to why I wouldn’t get the same benefits regardless as to when I pay for the membership. If I paid for 10 years today at $500, I’d only get the gift for one if the years?  I’m in other fan clubs and have always been able to renew for multiple years and still get the gifts I.e. Pearl Jam. I mainly like to do it so I won’t forget and let it lapse lol. 

That is something you would have to discuss with customer service. I was only offering a possible solution to your situation if you had recently renewed. 

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Dean Allison said:

charleswise you are absolutely correct. If I wanted to right now I could renew again which would take my membership to 2023 and in doing so I would surely be entitled to the 2022 subscription gift otherwise what else would I be adding another year for. 

That’s what I though would happen but it sounds like it’s not the case?  My thinking was it would be exactly the same as renewing in one year increments, just one less thing to have to remember to do in a year lol. If it doesn’t work that way, I wish they had made it more clear or not let you renew more than a year at a time. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, mich40 said:

That is something you would have to discuss with customer service. I was only offering a possible solution to your situation if you had recently renewed. 

So do I need to talk with customer service about the Apollo gift or will I not receive it since I didn’t renew in one year increments? I guess I’m still confused. If I won’t get it, what else do I not get? Would I still get a presale code? 

Thanks for assisting with this. I’m just a little confused thinking I was set for two years but now it’s sounding like I’ve wasted the money for the additional year and should have only renewed in one year increments. 

is there a phone number for customer service? 

• Community Moderator
1 minute ago, charleswise said:

So do I need to talk with customer service about the Apollo gift or will I not receive it since I didn’t renew in one year increments? I guess I’m still confused. If I won’t get it, what else do I not get? Would I still get a presale code? 

Thanks for assisting with this. I’m just a little confused thinking I was set for two years but now it’s sounding like I’ve wasted the money for the additional year and should have only renewed in one year increments. 

is there a phone number for customer service? 

Yes, you need to talk to customer service. As it is right now, you would not get the Apollo gift until you renewed again. (When you renewed a 2nd time last year, did you receive a 2nd copy of the Berlin DVD?)

Use the Contact Us form here: https://www.u2.com/help and explain your situation. 

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Yes, you need to talk to customer service. As it is right now, you would not get the Apollo gift until you renewed again. (When you renewed a 2nd time last year, did you receive a 2nd copy of the Berlin DVD?)

Use the Contact Us form here: https://www.u2.com/help and explain your situation. 

I did not receive a second Berlin dvd. I just paid an additional $50 and it added a year to my subscription. I just assumed I was covered for an additional year with the same benefits as if I had renewed in one year increments. The not being able to download the Apollo tracks was the first sign something was amiss. 

• Community Moderator
1 minute ago, charleswise said:

I did not receive a second Berlin dvd. I just paid an additional $50 and it added a year to my subscription. I just assumed I was covered for an additional year with the same benefits as if I had renewed in one year increments. The not being able to download the Apollo tracks was the first sign something was amiss. 

Definitely contact them with the form, or please call: +1-855 867-5297 (inside the US) +001-949-333-4825 (outside the US). Be aware that since we are technically still in the pandemic, response time may be affected. Please let us know what you find out. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Definitely contact them with the form, or please call: +1-855 867-5297 (inside the US) +001-949-333-4825 (outside the US). Be aware that since we are technically still in the pandemic, response time may be affected. Please let us know what you find out. 

I stand corrected. I did receive a second dvd. I just checked my U2 shelf (we all have them, right?  Maybe a few shelves). And there it was an unopened envelope next to the opened copy. I totally forgot it. 

I am assuming my extending the subscription  just went in like a new Berlin dvd order but somehow extended the expiration date. So to answer my own question from earlier, if I bought 10 years worth of memberships, I’d get 10 current gifts and nothing for the next 9 years. 

Thanks again for your assistance. I know now not to buy multiple years at a time. I’ll probably wait and do the ‘Resubscribe a get the new 2022 gift plus last years 2021 gift for a fee’ rather than resubcribe now as I’d drive myself crazy trying to keep up with the extended again expiration date. And I’d have to do this every year to get the new gift while continually extending the expiration date.