U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

bigwave

• Community Manager
On 8/1/2021 at 12:19 AM, Dean Allison said:

Would be nice to get some word of what’s going on. Has shipping actually began yet, In July like they stated? Or are there delays again like several years in the past? We’re way short on the downloads as well which I will keep on bringing up because it’s quite frankly a disgrace. Hopefully this comment doesn’t get blocked like a few of my others. I’m guessing if I had only positive things to say all my comments would be allowed. 

Hopefully news on shipping later today or soon after (keep checking main story page), 3 more downloads released last night.

On your other point, we take lead from main story page comments, see attached screenshot. We are working on a way to make that a bit clearer when posting here too, thank you for your patience.

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 10.54.41.png

• Subscriber

I think it is absurd to have paid for this back in December- or whenever the heck it was- and here we are now, in early August, with nothing to show for it.  Yeah, I know it'll be great when it shows up.  But don't announce/promote such an item if it's going to take this long to finally arrive. 

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Sorry I have not red the discussion and do know nothing about it or other ones concerning the show but watched the Apollo gig some time ago and I was quite impressed when Love Came to Town. Loved the version and the rhythm section coming in and forward and how it turned the song and the mood to something else. The twist was interesting and worked really well. 

That was it.

Now back to Elijah´s band. The John Robb interview is quite good you know. 

Edited by jaanakulo

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, RAY4583 said:

I think it is absurd to have paid for this back in December- or whenever the heck it was- and here we are now, in early August, with nothing to show for it.  Yeah, I know it'll be great when it shows up.  But don't announce/promote such an item if it's going to take this long to finally arrive. 

They could have still promoted it by saying here’s this years gift which will be dispatched ‘later in the year’ at least then there’s flexibility with the dates then they could have given us all the downloads at once. It’s nothing short of crazy, stupid whatever similar term you can think of that they don’t give us all the downloads when we resubscribe. The physical gift I’m happy to receive in August, that’s fine, but don’t say it’s going to start shipping in July. Only a few days out but still between announcing July as the start date for shipping and by not giving us all the downloads at this point it has led to them once again taking the shine of a good item. I’ll still be glad when it arrives, I’ll still enjoy listening to the songs but it won’t make me forget the fact they mucked us around for months waiting on downloads and still got the shipping month wrong, albeit only just. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RAY4583 said:

See it the posolitive way, the new gift will be announced in the coming months!!!😜

Edited by cristiu2
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Earlier today, I got my confirmation email for the shipping of this gift.  As usual, the tracking does not register immediately.  I think there is usually a week or so lag between us getting confirmation emails and the package being able to be tracked.  It's been the case that the gift arrives before the tracking even catches up; I've encountered that with other packages recently.  I live in the USA, so I can track this package all the way to my home. It does not hit customs. I'm happily surprised they got this year's gift shipping now.  It is pretty much on time, when compared with previous years. Way to go, U2 and everyone involved. This can not have been easy to coordinate during a pandemic. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, jfreel said:

If it is shipped then why do we not have all the downloads now? Come on - its not too much to ask is it? 

There’s the sensible way to do things and then there’s the u2.com way. 

• Like 1