U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

I got my gift today.  It's very well done.   I love the red and black photo which is in the middle of the booklet. The others are also wonderful.  The tribute to Hal Willner is beautifully written and quite touching.  I can't wait to crank this in my car.  I'm about to download it to my PC.  

Details about tracking: 

-I received my confirmation email for shipping this gift at 2:13 pm on Aug 4.

-It took about 18 hours for it to register with tracking so I could see.  Shipment was tendered and received for processing at 8:45 pm on August 3.  It shipped out on Aug 5.  I received mine today, which is Aug 10.  

It's nice they sent the confirmation email after my package had already been tendered and processed with UPS.  Props to U2.com for that.  

It's a beautiful gift.  This is one of my favorites.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 2

• Subscriber

Just got notification mine has shipped !

Be interesting to see how long it takes to arrive, its taking a loooooong time for internationally shipped packages to arrive down under. There aren’t a lot of flights heading this way..

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Listened to Disc 1 yesterday on my commute to and from work.

First impressions: it's very stripped down, as one might expect. More raw than the big tours. I can just imagine being in the audience that night...to see U2 in a small venue like that must be amazing.

I really wish there was a film of this!

Disc 2 is on the menu for today's commute. 

Cheers, all!

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 1

• Subscriber

Got mine today! Very nice looking. It came with a cloth face mask, too! Nice touch! Too bad it doesn't fit anywhere nearly well enough to actually work, but it was a great touch nonetheless. I sort of can't wait to hear it, sort of don't want to because I WASN'T THERE and I'd give anything to have been there,  boo hoo hoo .... lol. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, JCF said:

Got mine today! Very nice looking. It came with a cloth face mask, too! Nice touch! Too bad it doesn't fit anywhere nearly well enough to actually work, but it was a great touch nonetheless. 

Mine is a very snug fit and the bottom doesn't fully cover my chin, so I'm guessing that these are children's size. I'm a regular person btw, I assure you that I'm not a fairytale giant.