U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Received today an e-mail from Bpost (Belgian Post).

I have to pay € 20,53 customfees, otherwise no package...

I hoped the gift was for free. Isn't that what a gift is?

Or maybe, it should be considered shipping gifts to EU countries from other locations than UK or USA...

Can we get advise what to do? Pay the fees to receive the gift, or let it go back, so I can be shipped as a free gift (which it is).

Thank you.

Edited by boy1952
  • Sad 3

• Community Moderator

EDITED & UPDATED 24/8 :

About the issue in Belgium and Denmark (and for if it happens in other countries as well) we request all of you on this situation to please go to the Help section (https://www.u2.com/help).

Once there, please select the CONTACT US form on the right column on that page. As the topic, please select  Subscribers Gift Shipping Issue 

Please be as detailed as possible on what the issue is about. Please have in hand any email, notice and/or screenshots you can provide to illustrate the situation and let know the people on the Customer Support service you can provide these.

Please let us know on this thread or via PM to the Moderation Team any answer you get.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 18.14.06.png

• Like 3

• Subscriber

It is Irish Fest in my city this weekend. After careful consideration, I'm going.  I'm bringing my dog and will be wearing my mask when we represent Irish Terriers (in a roped off area with no public access)  I'll be wearing it when I hopefully see a lot of great American Irish musicians, while hanging way back.  I'll be wearing it when I hit the music history tent and try to give them a past gitt, which I could not use, to update what is an otherwise very good history of U2. I love that people will and will not know the symbolism of the mask.  It can make for good conversations.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

Not a Simple Minds exclusive motif (but it's true that it's something they have used for many years)... the image is an illustration of a Claddagh ring, which is - per wikipedia - is a traditional Irish ring which represents love, loyalty, and friendship. More info about the Claddagh ring.

This one on the face mask, btw, was drawn by Bono...

Thank you for explaining this to me 🙂

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, carritt said:

I think it’s safe to say they’ll have all tracks available as a download in due course, so hopefully it’ll be sorted for you soon.
I for one would be unhappy for the fan club not to continue with physical output and CD’s still sell more than vinyl so it still makes sense from that point of view. 
Mine arrived today. Sounds great…nicely packaged. However, the face mask…oh dear…looks like they are in league with those McDonalds chaps. Not good. 

Agreed that the band should continue to send cd or even better, vinyl, my regrets concerned the facts that there were no downloading available as well. It is now, so, it's great !

• Subscriber

Same as for Boy1952, got the email from Bpost Belgium in order to pay 20.53€ Custom fee to get my gift.

Hmmm, we are getting packages from China fro free via Amazon ...

The world is going crazy ... Me as well maybe :):)

I will not renew my subscription if it is like that. What a pity!

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, eribo said:

Same as for Boy1952, got the email from Bpost Belgium in order to pay 20.53€ Custom fee to get my gift.

Hmmm, we are getting packages from China fro free via Amazon ...

The world is going crazy ... Me as well maybe :):)

I will not renew my subscription if it is like that. What a pity!