U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, promenade95 said:

Is this customs charge a Belgian thing or will all EU fans have to pay?? Any EU fans get theirs?

Eu thing, tax regulations in EU have changed. You have to pay VAT + additional handling costs. In Belgium this amounts to the mentioned 20 euros. (Tax 5,53 , handling costs 15 euros) Other EU countries or postage handlers charges might be different.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

What a gift this is! The boys came out and played with authority. Clearly they were in awe of the Apollo's history, but not overawed by it and more than up to the task of living up to it. After a flawless first half, the band returns with none other than the Sun Ra Arkestra, and some all-stars from around town, and brings it all to a much higher level. Love the new version of "When Love Comes To Town"! 

Edited by ReliableRick
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 8/12/2021 at 5:52 AM, ramsatw said:

Listened to Disc 1 yesterday on my commute to and from work.

First impressions: it's very stripped down, as one might expect. More raw than the big tours. I can just imagine being in the audience that night...to see U2 in a small venue like that must be amazing.

I really wish there was a film of this!

Disc 2 is on the menu for today's commute. 

Cheers, all!

Just wait till side two! (though I'm sure you've heard it by now). 

I think they should set up residency in some cool theater somewhere for a couple months and do shows like this. Kate Bush has done it. David Byrne is doing it now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
On 8/20/2021 at 1:29 PM, bigwave said:

Same for me. It's not our problem if they are not register to the EU. I asked them to pay back the taxes and if they don't want, at least the make a donation to an EU ngo. 

• Like 1
  • thumbs up 1

• Subscriber
On 8/21/2021 at 4:05 PM, ReliableRick said:

Just wait till side two! (though I'm sure you've heard it by now). 

Wild Horses!

ned-flanders-the-simpsons.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Subscriber

Got the cd through the post today. Impressive looking item. I’d listened to the show already when the downloads became available, enjoyed them as well. Another great subscriber gift despite my previous complaints about downloads which still stand. Hopefully they can keep the standard this high going forward. 

• thumbs up 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I have today recived a import tax on 25 U’s Dollars for recieving the 2021 subscription gift. This is because of new Law i DK/EU regarding import of things outside EU. U2 you must send the gifts from Europe and not US. It is not ok that you are forbi g me to pay 25 U’s dollars on top of the 50 U’s dollers for the subscription just because you do not now the law i Europe regarding import. 

Best Regarts

Thomas 

• thumbs up 1
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Received mine today! Looking forward to popping it in my dvd player tonight. My internet is limited, so the cd version is really appreciated!!
Like others have said, the mask is atrocious, a bit too small (and I have a small face). And in particular mine was badly sewn.  ☹️  They could have used the material to make me a thong instead! 😆 🍑

Edited by neek1221
  • Haha 1