U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber

Portugal tax price : 5.01€

For those of you in Portugal, I strongly advise that you go put your tracking number on the portal de desalfandegamento to see if customs has it. If any infos comes up when you add it, it means it's stuck there. Friendly advice, DO NOT WAIT for the stupid letter/text from the CTT informing you that you have to pay for it, just do it right away. 

They messed up big time with me recently and only informed me they had my signed inhaler vinyl when it was already too late to pay for it, and they returned it back to sender - and when it's gone, it's gone. Nothing you can do about it. 

Anyways.... U2 at Apollo finally on its way so yaaaaaaaaay :Bananaphisto:

• Subscriber
On 8/25/2021 at 9:31 AM, stijn said:

Totally left in the cold...They are pointing at each other.

Note to self: Leave this fanclub after being member from literally minute 1

Cheers, 

stijn@U2.com

Leeleanna Steward (Merch Traffic)

Aug 24, 2021, 11:36 EDT

We appreciate that you've taken the time to contact us!

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you with this purchase, as both memberships and presales are handled by the fan club directly. You can reach them at:

support@u2.com

(855) 867-5297 (U.S.)

(949) 333-4820 (International)

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Leeleanna
Customer Service

Mine was friendlier, but not a real solution either 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hello Greet,

Thank you for contacting Fan Club Support. We are sorry for any trouble you might have had receiving your package.  

Please note: International orders may be subject to duties and customs fees at point of delivery.  

Although charges are not always incurred, assessment of duties and taxes are based on the value of the order and the tax-free threshold, if it exists, for goods imported into the destination country. Because the rules and standards vary so much from country to country, it is best to contact the local customs office if you have any further questions specific to customs fees. 

If you need anything else, just reply to this email.

• Subscriber

So... today I got in touch with Belgian customs. 
If the package is sent as a Gift, there will be no extra charges. 
But since it got sent as Merchandise, we all get a letter asking to pay €20,53. 
I got mail from u2fan support too and was informed that once the goods are returned to them (upon us declining to pay up), the gifts can be re-send again. This time I hope as a ‘gift’. So maybe we will get our gift by the end of the year😜

I just feel bad for the people who already coughed up the money🥲

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

I got mine today! I like it :)

I received the gift - thank you! - but I had to pay 3,88 € 
Not that big amount but... there was no fees to pay in the last few years as far as I remember... :rolleyes: 

spacer.png

Edited by seresere
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Again not very helpful

Thank you for contacting Fan Club Support. We are sorry for any trouble you might have had receiving your package.  

Please note: International orders may be subject to duties and customs fees at point of delivery.  

Although charges are not always incurred, assessment of duties and taxes are based on the value of the order and the tax-free threshold, if it exists, for goods imported into the destination country. Because the rules and standards vary so much from country to country, it is best to contact the local customs office if you have any further questions specific to customs fees. 

If you need anything else, just reply to this email.

Sincerely,
U2.com Team