U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

bigwave

23 hours ago, Dre4mer said:

Hi everybody, got my gift today (actually listening to it right now 🤩) and had to pay the postman 3,88 euros (I live in Italy). Don't think there's much to do now, and luckily I didn't have to pay that much, but I thought it right to write the Help section, so that hopefully someone will take care to look into the situation and do something to avoid such unpleasant occurrencies for the future.

As for the gift, the CDs sound really nice (I like having a physical object, not a big fan of downloads) and the mask almost fits my very small face, maybe we could cut the symbol and stitch it on a T-shirt?? 😂 I like the postcards and the booklet, hopefully future gifts will be as satisfying as this one.

Good listening to everybody!

Lucky for you you live in Italy. I had to pay 20,53€ to receive a package. I wish I had been warned ahead it wasn’t a pleasant surprise at all. 😔

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Cat3376 said:

Lucky for you you live in Italy. I had to pay 20,53€ to receive a package. I wish I had been warned ahead it wasn’t a pleasant surprise at all. 😔

Sorry for you and all the Belgian fans and fans in other UE countries with the same problem, this is totally unfair, I agree with you. Let's hope we'll not have to face something similar in the future.

If it might be helpful for someone, I post here the reply I received from customer service today:

Hello XXX,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Glad to assist you today. Good to hear that you received your gift. If your order is shipping outside of the US, you are likely to be charged customs fees (taxes, duties, processing fees, etc.) before delivery can be completed. The shipping charges applied to your order do not include customs fees. For any issues regarding customs or duty fees, please contact your local customs office. These fees cannot be refunded, as they are not charged by us.If you refuse to pay the customs fees when your order arrives, the shipment will be returned.

International Standard orders are tendered to your local post office for final delivery. Please contact customs or your local postal service if your order is delayed, as it may have been held for inspection or duties/taxes. This is applicable to all international shipping methods.  

We thank you for your time and patience in the matter. Enjoy your day and be safe.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth
U2.com Team  

7 hours ago, Dre4mer said:

Sorry for you and all the Belgian fans and fans in other UE countries with the same problem, this is totally unfair, I agree with you. Let's hope we'll not have to face something similar in the future.

If it might be helpful for someone, I post here the reply I received from customer service today:

Hello XXX,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Glad to assist you today. Good to hear that you received your gift. If your order is shipping outside of the US, you are likely to be charged customs fees (taxes, duties, processing fees, etc.) before delivery can be completed. The shipping charges applied to your order do not include customs fees. For any issues regarding customs or duty fees, please contact your local customs office. These fees cannot be refunded, as they are not charged by us.If you refuse to pay the customs fees when your order arrives, the shipment will be returned.

International Standard orders are tendered to your local post office for final delivery. Please contact customs or your local postal service if your order is delayed, as it may have been held for inspection or duties/taxes. This is applicable to all international shipping methods.  

We thank you for your time and patience in the matter. Enjoy your day and be safe.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth
U2.com Team  

Yep I wrote to them too and got the same reply.. and yes it’s unfair that we had to pay for a gift… twice as much as the value indicated on the package. What a gift !!

I seriously consider not renewing my subscription to avoid any similar problems in the future. 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

Got mine in Canada last week (not sure which day exactly , I was out of town)

No extra fees.

I'll be keeping the mask in the package until I can wear it to a concert.

Slight issue (but it's probably just me) : I can't close the CD case flat and I'm afraid if I force it the booklet will fall off.

Luc

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

I read up on the customs laws which are affecting shipping to Europe. They just went into effect on July 1, 2021.  There's quite a lot about it on the internet. They may be U2 but they can't change customs laws.  It's an unfortunate situation. 

Edited by Manohlive

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I read up on the customs laws which are affecting shipping to Europe. They just went into effect on July 1, 2021.  There's quite a lot about it on the internet. They may be U2 but they can't change customs laws.  It's an unfortunate situation. 

Yes, the laws have changed. But it's not the first time with these problems. It's the third or fourth subscription gift for me with fees and taxes. Where's the problem in sending the gifts for the european destinations from Europe? It's a band from Europe. 

Edited by LarsArn
  • Like 1

• Subscriber

I think at this stage there has to at least be a change to the terminology of the fanclub ‘gift’ which it never has been imo. Particularly in non tour years these so called gifts have been the main incentive. Either they send the items as a gift with a value of zero or they can change the wording. I’m from the UK I should add so this hasn’t directly impacted me but I don’t like the fact people have paid more than me to receive the exact same subscription and gift. They need to come up with some solution anyway. 

• Like 1