U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber

Nice gift, but somewhat disappointed by my copy. It was nicely packaged and the package had no damage and the CD/Book were inside the  plastic wrapper perfectly.

But once opening it smelled a bit strange and the book was somehow damaged, I guess during the manufacturing. Kind of like when pages get wet and are glued together.

I won't be reading what's inside :(

book1.jpg

book2.jpg

• Community Moderator
33 minutes ago, Vienis said:

Nice gift, but somewhat disappointed by my copy. It was nicely packaged and the package had no damage and the CD/Book were inside the  plastic wrapper perfectly.

But once opening it smelled a bit strange and the book was somehow damaged, I guess during the manufacturing. Kind of like when pages get wet and are glued together.

I won't be reading what's inside :(

book1.jpg

book2.jpg

Please use the Contact Us form here: https://www.u2.com/help, choosing subscription gift from the drop down menu. Let them know what happened. You may be asked to provide the photos too. 

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
On 9/15/2021 at 1:08 PM, brenmooney said:

I am also in Ireland, with mine showing the same tracking message, so i tried the following:

UPS tracking number is given a new tracking number by USPS, before shipping to international destinations.

UPS provides the new USPS tracking number on the UPS tracking page. Underneath the "Shipment Progress" box that displays your package's journey, there's an "Additional Information" box that displays new information including the USPS tracking number. You can use this tracking number with USPS.

You could also use an alternative tracking service ( I used https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking), which gives much more detailed information.

This tracking shows that my item departed Dublin the very next day after it left the USA. It is now showing as being delivered to: "Front Desk/Reception/Mail Room, CROZET, VA".

According to the tracking service, this is the address from where the item was originally dispatched.

Bearing in mind that the tracking number may not be reliable once it leaves USA, I asked a friend to check the tracking number for his gift (which he also has not received). He had the same result. I hope that I am wrong with my assumption, but It would seem that the package was rejected by Irish customs and returned back to the sender.

I also live in Ireland (Dublin), and it is the same for me:

07 Sep 202117:48

Delivered, Front Desk/Reception/Mail Room. Your item was delivered to the front desk, reception area, or mail room at 5:48 pm on September 7, 2021 in CROZET, VA 22932.CROZET, VA

I've sent this information to support@u2.com, is it enough for them to reship the gift?

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, *ladywiththespinninghead* said:

I also live in Ireland (Dublin), and it is the same for me:

07 Sep 202117:48

Delivered, Front Desk/Reception/Mail Room. Your item was delivered to the front desk, reception area, or mail room at 5:48 pm on September 7, 2021 in CROZET, VA 22932.CROZET, VA

I've sent this information to support@u2.com, is it enough for them to reship the gift?

I hope so, otherwise no Irish member will bother paying a subscription ever again !

• Subscriber

Those CD were pressed in Europe. Then sent to the US where they've been dispatched to the world .

Why don't they split the order in 2 once the CD is pressed ?  A part for Europe for the European fans and second part for the rest of the world fans (sent in the US. They could have sent it to Amsterdam for example.  Every europeans would have avoided Fucking fees since it has been dispatched within Europe.

To this day still haven't received a reply ... They could at least give us a voucher for their shop ! 

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 2

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, typhoon12530 said:

Those CD were pressed in Europe. Then sent to the US where they've been dispatched to the world .

Why don't they split the order in 2 once the CD is pressed ?  A part for Europe for the European fans and second part for the rest of the world fans (sent in the US. They could have sent it to Amsterdam for example.  Every europeans would have avoided Fucking fees since it has been dispatched within Europe.

To this day still haven't received a reply ... They could at least give us a voucher for their shop ! 

It’s a funny one. I contacted customer service and they appear to have ‘updated’ my order , which I think means they have dispatched a new one to Ireland.

My fear is that Irish Customs will (again ) send it back to the US because of some little loophole that now exists since the law changed in the summer.

I know the customs charge demanded of other European subscribers is frustrating, but at least the gift is getting to your front door.

The onus is on U2. Com to familiarise themselves with the changes….as far as I’m aware not a single Irish subscriber on this forum has received their gift. 

• Community Moderator
32 minutes ago, promenade95 said:

It’s a funny one. I contacted customer service and they appear to have ‘updated’ my order , which I think means they have dispatched a new one to Ireland.

My fear is that Irish Customs will (again ) send it back to the US because of some little loophole that now exists since the law changed in the summer.

I know the customs charge demanded of other European subscribers is frustrating, but at least the gift is getting to your front door.

The onus is on U2. Com to familiarise themselves with the changes….as far as I’m aware not a single Irish subscriber on this forum has received their gift. 

Perhaps you can keep us updated and let us know when you get it and how it goes. 

• thumbs up 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, promenade95 said:

Makes me wonder if this is why fans in South America haven't been receiving their gifts for years - are they also being returned to sender for some reason?