Jump to content

U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread


bigwave
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber
On 8/28/2021 at 4:43 PM, Dre4mer said:

Sorry for you and all the Belgian fans and fans in other UE countries with the same problem, this is totally unfair, I agree with you. Let's hope we'll not have to face something similar in the future.

If it might be helpful for someone, I post here the reply I received from customer service today:

Hello XXX,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Glad to assist you today. Good to hear that you received your gift. If your order is shipping outside of the US, you are likely to be charged customs fees (taxes, duties, processing fees, etc.) before delivery can be completed. The shipping charges applied to your order do not include customs fees. For any issues regarding customs or duty fees, please contact your local customs office. These fees cannot be refunded, as they are not charged by us.If you refuse to pay the customs fees when your order arrives, the shipment will be returned.

International Standard orders are tendered to your local post office for final delivery. Please contact customs or your local postal service if your order is delayed, as it may have been held for inspection or duties/taxes. This is applicable to all international shipping methods.  

We thank you for your time and patience in the matter. Enjoy your day and be safe.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth
U2.com Team  

I received the exactly same standard message!

The worst is that the same tax will be applied to anything ordered on the U2 shop. That means that the 25% on the shop has in reality no value, again...

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
10 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

Is it known the reason why An Post is returning the CDs? That would be important to know before taking any action... if you could provide any information about it, it would be great...

I'm waiting on a response from An Post.  If they get back to me I'll let you know.  Thanks

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
10 hours ago, Sapea said:

I received the exactly same standard message!

The worst is that the same tax will be applied to anything ordered on the U2 shop. That means that the 25% on the shop has in reality no value, again...

Totally unfair this! I'm lucky I live in the Netherlands, so didn't have to pay these taxes for the fantastic gifts.

I think it's f**cking shit that all those merch is being sold in the US!!!!! U2 is an band from the EU and does have an office in Amsterdam so they have to pay low taxes.

Why not an office in Europe/Ireland for selling merch or sending fan gifts? Is it that difficult?? Bring back Principle Management to Dublin!!!

 

  • Like 1
  • thumbs up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, cristiu2 said:

Totally unfair this! I'm lucky I live in the Netherlands, so didn't have to pay these taxes for the fantastic gifts.

I think it's f**cking shit that all those merch is being sold in the US!!!!! U2 is an band from the EU and does have an office in Amsterdam so they have to pay low taxes.

Why not an office in Europe/Ireland for selling merch or sending fan gifts? Is it that difficult?? Bring back Principle Management to Dublin!!!

 

This is what happens when you sign everything over to Live Nation/Ticketmaster. The fan ultimately suffers. There should be a EU shop, but unfortunately that probably doesn't make financial sense to Live Nation. They are purely in it for the money.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
On 9/24/2021 at 10:30 PM, Max Tsukino said:

Is it known the reason why An Post is returning the CDs? That would be important to know before taking any action... if you could provide any information about it, it would be great...

Hi,

Hope the following helps:

The reason that the CD's are being returned from Ireland to the U.S. is that an electronic customs declaration is either not completed correctly, or is not available.

I explained the situation in a communication to the U2.com help-desk (after my CD's were returned to sender). The CD's were re-shipped to me, but the same thing has happened again. The CD's are now on the way back to the US, just like the originals were. The same thing has also happened to a friend of mine in Dublin.

Information sourced from An Post website:

If your item has been returned to sender or you are awaiting an update on your item, it is likely that the electronic customs declaration made by the retailer/sender for your item may have been insufficient or invalid according to Customs regulations. An Post cannot amend customs declaration so items with incomplete data must be returned. 

(Ref: https://www.anpost.com/customs-information)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Community Moderator
2 hours ago, brenmooney said:

Hi,

Hope the following helps:

The reason that the CD's are being returned from Ireland to the U.S. is that an electronic customs declaration is either not completed correctly, or is not available.

I explained the situation in a communication to the U2.com help-desk (after my CD's were returned to sender). The CD's were re-shipped to me, but the same thing has happened again. The CD's are now on the way back to the US, just like the originals were. The same thing has also happened to a friend of mine in Dublin.

Information sourced from An Post website:

If your item has been returned to sender or you are awaiting an update on your item, it is likely that the electronic customs declaration made by the retailer/sender for your item may have been insufficient or invalid according to Customs regulations. An Post cannot amend customs declaration so items with incomplete data must be returned. 

(Ref: https://www.anpost.com/customs-information)

thanks... will pass the information...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

I am a bit concerned about my package.

The first one was shipped on August 11, but still hasn't arrived. Tracking information only says "Order information received".

I contacted U2.com. They reshipped. That was a week ago, but again the tracking information only says "Order information received" to date. As if the order is announced, but UPS is still waiting for the package...

Is there anyone from the Netherlands that has received their package? How long did it take, and did the tracking information give you any other status then only "Order information received"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

In the many years I've been a Propaganda and u2.com subscriber I had never experience such a disastrous delivery of the yearly gift. After being notified my gift was shipped on August 19th by USPS, the online tracking had been showing that in was on its way. By the struck of luck I checked again last evening and it showed a note from my local postal service dated September 22nd. There was a local tracking number and once checked it showed my package had been waiting at the post office since September 8th! So I was 2 days shy of having it returned to sender. To add salt to the injury I had to pay an extra 6,79€ for DUA taxes, which was also a first time. I think U2.com should have this handled differently and I shouldn't have had to pay for taxes since the gift is included in my renewal. I think we should be refunded or compensated by u2.com. I will keep my DUA receipt just in case.

 

(MOD EDIT - attachment removed)

 

Edited by ivdf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Community Manager

we are told that the Irish customs issue is something that is not just affecting us here, but a much wider problem between them and numerous international shipping providers and that these are trying to be resolved right now directly... 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

Any help or advice appreciated please.

I too received the email to confirm my Apollo CD & mask had shipped & were on the way to me (that email was received on August 16th).

When I hadn't received it a month later I checked the fan forums & realized lots of fans were having a similar issue. (I live in Ireland).

When I tracked the package it showed as delivered at the following address on Sept 20th 2021. CROZET, VA 22932

I contacted u2.com/help & received an email on Sept 22nd asking me to reply & verify my home delivery address (which has been the same for over 20 years & I've had all other gifts delivered without issue in the past).

When I replied to the email I was sent (support@u2.com ), I then got an undeliverable email warning a day later from my outlook client.

Your message couldn't be delivered. Despite repeated attempts to contact the recipient's email system it didn't respond.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: VI1PR0101MB2352.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com
Total retry attempts: 41

support@u2.com
Remote Server returned '550 5.4.300 Message expired -> 421 No ticket available, please resend your message.'

 

How can I reply & get back to that support team ?

 

Thanks in advance for any help.

 

Trev

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...