U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

bigwave

• Community Moderator
1 hour ago, trev said:

Any help or advice appreciated please.

I too received the email to confirm my Apollo CD & mask had shipped & were on the way to me (that email was received on August 16th).

When I hadn't received it a month later I checked the fan forums & realized lots of fans were having a similar issue. (I live in Ireland).

When I tracked the package it showed as delivered at the following address on Sept 20th 2021. CROZET, VA 22932

I contacted u2.com/help & received an email on Sept 22nd asking me to reply & verify my home delivery address (which has been the same for over 20 years & I've had all other gifts delivered without issue in the past).

When I replied to the email I was sent (support@u2.com ), I then got an undeliverable email warning a day later from my outlook client.

Your message couldn't be delivered. Despite repeated attempts to contact the recipient's email system it didn't respond.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: VI1PR0101MB2352.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com
Total retry attempts: 41

support@u2.com
Remote Server returned '550 5.4.300 Message expired -> 421 No ticket available, please resend your message.'

How can I reply & get back to that support team ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Trev

When did you receive the undelivered email error? There was an issue a week or so ago, but it should be ok now. 

• Subscriber
On 9/24/2021 at 11:48 AM, madmurph said:

It looks like all the Irish CD's are being delivered to Dublin and returned immediately to the US. On the email you received from u2.com telling you it has been dispatched, click on the link for tracking. A UPS page will open. Mine stated "Transfered to Local Post Office for Delivery". Under that, click on "View Details", this will display an alternative tracking number. Use this number and enter it in this site: https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/ This should show you detailed tracking information. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that tip madmurph! Same as that 🙄

Edited by sugrue
Spell error

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, mich40 said:

When did you receive the undelivered email error? There was an issue a week or so ago, but it should be ok now. 

Thank you for getting back to me.

I saw someone had indeed mentioned getting that same error a few posts back - it must still be a problem as I have gotten it so recently.

I tried to reply twice to make sure it was not a 'one off' undelivered error but I got this error message sent back to me on both Sept 24th 2021 and Sept 26th 2021.

I have no other email issues & have been regularly on a daily basis sending & receiving email from my email address (just to make that clear etc..)

• Community Moderator
1 hour ago, trev said:

Thank you for getting back to me.

I saw someone had indeed mentioned getting that same error a few posts back - it must still be a problem as I have gotten it so recently.

I tried to reply twice to make sure it was not a 'one off' undelivered error but I got this error message sent back to me on both Sept 24th 2021 and Sept 26th 2021.

I have no other email issues & have been regularly on a daily basis sending & receiving email from my email address (just to make that clear etc..)

Can you try it again today? If it still doesn’t go through, please use the technical support option on the Contact Us page. 

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Can you try it again today? If it still doesn’t go through, please use the technical support option on the Contact Us page. 

Thanks   - I'll do that.

Appreciate your help & advice.

Cheers,

Trev

• Subscriber
On 9/26/2021 at 3:49 PM, brenmooney said:

Hi,

Hope the following helps:

The reason that the CD's are being returned from Ireland to the U.S. is that an electronic customs declaration is either not completed correctly, or is not available.

I explained the situation in a communication to the U2.com help-desk (after my CD's were returned to sender). The CD's were re-shipped to me, but the same thing has happened again. The CD's are now on the way back to the US, just like the originals were. The same thing has also happened to a friend of mine in Dublin.

Information sourced from An Post website:

If your item has been returned to sender or you are awaiting an update on your item, it is likely that the electronic customs declaration made by the retailer/sender for your item may have been insufficient or invalid according to Customs regulations. An Post cannot amend customs declaration so items with incomplete data must be returned. 

(Ref: https://www.anpost.com/customs-information)

Thanks for that!

I got a message my gift was shipped again on the 28th... I hope they've read this first!

• Subscriber
On 9/10/2021 at 4:34 AM, kurtbilde said:

So the European Union has just tightened up their handling of parcels and companies can’t send gift to private persons. As of July the 1. Any parcel is taxable whereas before only items over a given limit was - this is the new reality. This could have been fixed by either paying the tax up front or by shipping all European parcels to let’s say Ireland and ship each parcel from within the European Union. Mine got nicked by coustoms - most Danish items does - and this gift will cost Danes 28 dollars to get. The tax that universal music should have prepaid is around 8 dollars and this could have been applied to the membership. Talking to government doesn’t work here - the only thing working is adapting to the law in a smart manner 🙂

I live in the UK and didn't get charged any fees which was a nice change.  As EVERYTHING else I buy  is hammered with VAT and/or customs duty.  So it was a small but nice change - if I had to I would pay the fee though to get my hands on the latest resub package - as it's fab😍

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 9/13/2021 at 4:08 AM, Manohlive said:

I listened to the whole show, for the first time, the other day.  I had only listened to a couple downloads.  I like to wait for the actual gift to have my first listen.  (just me)   I love this gift.  It's one of my all time favorites.  My gosh that rhythm in When Love Comes To Town is sick.  wow.  I love the whole show. Desire on it goes to a whole other level for me.  It has a small venue, intimate sound to it which I was not expecting.  They sound so very good.  Great, Great gift.  

I do that too🌞 - wait to get the full show to play it as a complete set.  Totally agree with you it's amazing 👍

• Like 1

• Subscriber
On 9/13/2021 at 5:08 AM, Manohlive said:

I listened to the whole show, for the first time, the other day.  I had only listened to a couple downloads.  I like to wait for the actual gift to have my first listen.  (just me)   I love this gift.  It's one of my all time favorites.  My gosh that rhythm in When Love Comes To Town is sick.  wow.  I love the whole show. Desire on it goes to a whole other level for me.  It has a small venue, intimate sound to it which I was not expecting.  They sound so very good.  Great, Great gift.  

Totally agree about When Love Comes to Town. I think disc 2 in general is really amazing (not that I don't like disc 1! 😊).

• Like 1