U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

bigwave

• Community Moderator
5 hours ago, p0pmart said:

Great, I got the SAME subscriber gift as last year, the uselessly small covid mask and a boring CD and now Dutch customs is making me pay custom tax. Why on earth do they ship from the US. Most sub gifts are pretty lacklustre as it is, guess I need to pay up extra every year to receive a 'gift' now?

They ought to know by now people are only subbing for tickets and adding customs tax now since the EU changes this year makes it pointless to get a subgift.

Please use the Contact Us form, choosing Subscriber Issues, here: https://www.u2.com/help

Please let them know that that you received a duplicate from last year and you need the newest gift that is being released. 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
On 8/26/2021 at 2:56 PM, u2greety said:

So... today I got in touch with Belgian customs. 
If the package is sent as a Gift, there will be no extra charges. 
But since it got sent as Merchandise, we all get a letter asking to pay €20,53. 
I got mail from u2fan support too and was informed that once the goods are returned to them (upon us declining to pay up), the gifts can be re-send again. This time I hope as a ‘gift’. So maybe we will get our gift by the end of the year😜

I just feel bad for the people who already coughed up the money🥲

tried this for the third time now....and surprise : today again a letter from Belgian customs to pay 20 euro.  After several attempts, still send as merchandise iso gift. VERY annoying, and getting the impression they don't have care about the complaint.  Time they ship these gifts from europe iso US

• 5 months later...
  • Community Moderator
40 minutes ago, bacadorina said:

Wow, U2.com just canceled the 2022 subscription thread. They must have been very happy to read what fans and subscribers think about the quality of U2.com Services.

not cancelled...

https://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/44090-2022-subscribers-gift-thread/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

For those like me who signed up for the “double gift” option including the Live from the Apollo CD and the 2022 Achtung Baby live CD … I have not yet received the Live from the Apollo CD (I signed up in Feb 2022).  Will both CD packages ship at the same time?

Thanks.

• Community Moderator
2 minutes ago, John_Texas said:

For those like me who signed up for the “double gift” option including the Live from the Apollo CD and the 2022 Achtung Baby live CD … I have not yet received the Live from the Apollo CD (I signed up in Feb 2022).  Will both CD packages ship at the same time?

Thanks.

Please contact the customer support service using the CONTACT US form on the HELP page (https://www.u2.com/help) As subject please use SUBSCRIBER GIFT SHIPPING ISSUE - describe in full what's happening, best if you can include detaied information about the subscription (dates and such)...

• thumbs up 1