U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, azinore said:

Have the same issue, got a letter from an post with a customs/vat charge for €6.62. How do I sort it, did anyone just pay?

I let it return twice now as I really don’t want to pay 21€ extra. 😠

I’ve been mailing them quite a lot but it turns out they are unwilling (or incompetent) to get our free gifts to us. 
This is my last received mail today:

Hello Greet,

Thank you for contacting Fan Club Support. 

At this time we do not have any additional information on the fees charged for gifts going to EU countries. As of 1 July 2021, all EU countries have new regulations on items that are shipped from outside of the EU, regardless of package status, i.e. gifts, or orders. As we have no control over the fess charged, we are unable to provide and type of refund or credit on fees charged due to duties and customs fees at point of delivery. 

International Orders may be subject to duties and customs fees at point of delivery. The Duties and taxes are based on the value of the order and the tax- free threshold, if it exists for goods imported into the destination country. These rules and standards vary so much from country- to country. We appreciate your understanding.   

It doesn’t seem like they are gonna solve this problem (so I won’t feel any need to renew..😢)

• Community Manager
On 10/19/2021 at 11:46 AM, Vienis said:

I have actually tried that twice, but no response. Maybe third time is the charm...

In this case, please try this header from drop down box on https://www.u2.com/help

(especially if you think it might have been damaged in transit)

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 15.08.55.png

• Subscriber
On 10/20/2021 at 11:42 PM, azinore said:

Have the same issue, got a letter from an post with a customs/vat charge for €6.62. How do I sort it, did anyone just pay?

Yeah. I paid... just like for every other parcel I received in the last few months lol. I know it's ugh but not much we can do sadly. 

Well worth the extra euros though ! I'm so pleased with this gift seriously.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Madfl3a said:

Yeah. I paid... just like for every other parcel I received in the last few months lol. I know it's ugh but not much we can do sadly. 

Well worth the extra euros though ! I'm so pleased with this gift seriously.

6€ is still okay (I guess, but not really)

21€ extra is not. They should get their sh*t together and not not give a damn about their paying members 🙁

• Community Moderator
6 hours ago, u2greety said:

21€ extra is not. They should get their sh*t together and not not give a damn about their paying members 🙁

It has nothing to do with the band or the website. As people have said multiple times, this is a direct result of the new EU VAT laws that went into effect this past July. It is affecting many companies’ deliveries going into these countries. Perhaps it would be beneficial to contact the appropriate people in your country to find out why your custom charges are so much more than other countries in the EU. 

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, u2greety said:

Lol blame customs, not dotcom. They have nothing to do with it.... and actually labelled it pretty well compared to some other companies with an ACTUAL customs declaration.  

Try to see if you can access the infos of your parcel on your customs website. Make sure they have recorded the correct type of merchandise, that also plays a role in the fees you have to pay according to the VAT applied in your country.

• Subscriber

Could be divisive here but I think a good solution going forward is to offer more with the Subscription digitally only for download and then have the physical versions available to buy on the site and subscribers get to use their discount on them. So for example next year is the 30th anniversary of zootv. In a standard year getting a show on cd or dvd would seem pretty good. However with a subscription only covering the digital part we could get Stockholm 92 to stream and download in HD, Dublin 93 to download the audio from and maybe Yankee stadium which was very likely had both nights filmed in full not just the documentary version which isn’t a full gigs length and features bits in between the songs that personally ruins it for me. So that’s not a bad amount of previously unreleased content, then on the site make them available just to buy for the general public in both digitial and/or download. Subscribers could also buy them but with the 25% discount used could get some more value that way as well. I’d be more than happy to £30 roughly for the subscription and then maybe the same again roughly to get the physics gifts so £60 for 3 shows in a combination of cd and dvd/blu Ray perhaps. I know this isn’t the idea’s thread but I think it’s related in a way to make the subscription value still and making these custom charges more of an optional thing with the physical items.

• thumbs up 1
  • Brilliant 2

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Dean Allison said:

Could be divisive here but I think a good solution going forward is to offer more with the Subscription digitally only for download and then have the physical versions available to buy on the site and subscribers get to use their discount on them. So for example next year is the 30th anniversary of zootv. In a standard year getting a show on cd or dvd would seem pretty good. However with a subscription only covering the digital part we could get Stockholm 92 to stream and download in HD, Dublin 93 to download the audio from and maybe Yankee stadium which was very likely had both nights filmed in full not just the documentary version which isn’t a full gigs length and features bits in between the songs that personally ruins it for me. So that’s not a bad amount of previously unreleased content, then on the site make them available just to buy for the general public in both digitial and/or download. Subscribers could also buy them but with the 25% discount used could get some more value that way as well. I’d be more than happy to £30 roughly for the subscription and then maybe the same again roughly to get the physics gifts so £60 for 3 shows in a combination of cd and dvd/blu Ray perhaps. I know this isn’t the idea’s thread but I think it’s related in a way to make the subscription value still and making these custom charges more of an optional thing with the physical items.

That exactly what I think! But who  is listening to these great suggestions. We've already mentioned it several times.  Even physical commercial releases from unreleased shows seem to be a no go... and....we will pay for them too!

Edited by cristiu2