Jump to content

U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread


bigwave

Recommended Posts

  • Community Moderator
3 hours ago, gmc said:

Mine is active until 1st March 2021.If I renew now,will my subscription run from Jan 2021 to Jan 2022 OR March 2021 to March 2022? Plus,I haven’t received the email to renew subscription which I usually receive when the new gift is announced (I suspect if I don’t renew now,then that will arrive before 1st March 2021 when my current subscription expires) 

It adds on to the current expire date, so March 2022. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

Confused with the renewal choices - standard and premium..The way they are named makes me feel like I could miss out on something!

Am I right in saying the 'Premium' option just includes the 2020 gift if you haven't already got it? And I won't be missing out by not selecting 'Premium'? It's worded like it's a different subscriber access level!

I've been subbed since 2014 so have all gifts apart from them R&H Dance Remixes (not lost sleep about not having them, though)!

*Edit - Just wanted to add, happy with this gift - would love an ATYCLB Irving Plaza 2000 CD at some point though!

Edited by adamtaglietti
comment about the gift
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Community Moderator
1 hour ago, adamtaglietti said:

Confused with the renewal choices - standard and premium..The way they are named makes me feel like I could miss out on something!

Am I right in saying the 'Premium' option just includes the 2020 gift if you haven't already got it? And I won't be missing out by not selecting 'Premium'? It's worded like it's a different subscriber access level!

I've been subbed since 2014 so have all gifts apart from them R&H Dance Remixes (not lost sleep about not having them, though)!

*Edit - Just wanted to add, happy with this gift - would love an ATYCLB Irving Plaza 2000 CD at some point though!

If you have a copy of the Berlin DVD, then you only need the Standard. The Premium subscription is the newly announced gift, plus the previous year’s gift. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
14 hours ago, mich40 said:

It adds on to the current expire date, so March 2022. 

Thank you,just wanted to confirm.I couldn’t remember what happened in previous situations like this at all,just wasn’t sure.I’ve slept since then lol Thanks again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Community Moderator
41 minutes ago, The Goal is Elevation said:

This is great! Any idea when it will be shipped? Thanks 

Unknown at the moment... please keep checking your email notifications, the site and Zootopia for any update about this gift...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

Looking forward to this didn't Steve Lillywhite mix the audio for it?Interesting to read Red flag 🚩 day wasn't included on the Sirus fm  broadcast,why was that song abandoned near the end of the E&I tour when they had spent so much time getting it right such a shame as it was one of the better songs on SOE, and as for Little things not getting played on that tour is one of the biggest mysteries in U2's history. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
On 1/2/2021 at 4:03 PM, adamtaglietti said:

Confused with the renewal choices - standard and premium..The way they are named makes me feel like I could miss out on something!

Am I right in saying the 'Premium' option just includes the 2020 gift if you haven't already got it? And I won't be missing out by not selecting 'Premium'? It's worded like it's a different subscriber access level!

I've been subbed since 2014 so have all gifts apart from them R&H Dance Remixes (not lost sleep about not having them, though)!

*Edit - Just wanted to add, happy with this gift - would love an ATYCLB Irving Plaza 2000 CD at some point though!

On 1/2/2021 at 5:57 PM, mich40 said:

If you have a copy of the Berlin DVD, then you only need the Standard. The Premium subscription is the newly announced gift, plus the previous year’s gift. 

This is interesting to me... the Premium option seems to come with access to a 4K stream/download as well as a DVD. (This is according to the renewal page.) I don't have access to that presently, and I'd be thrilled to have a 4K version to download.  The "Standard" renew makes no mention of the Berlin show.  

This is yet another example of my experiences over 20+ years in U2's various fan clubs:  U2's PR and fan relations have never been best served by the commerce/fanclub people at U2.com. This lack of clarity is yet another example. Why not simply give all the info now, up front? Why build up the drama? It's not like there is a lot of work to be done on the recording, the show was 18+ months ago and was basically mixed live for the radio anyway. 

 

Anyway, I'm not going to renew until I know what I'm getting with which option.   If they wanted my money sooner, they could tell me up front exactly what each option gets me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Community Moderator
16 minutes ago, J.Melrose said:

This is interesting to me... the Premium option seems to come with access to a 4K stream/download as well as a DVD. (This is according to the renewal page.) I don't have access to that presently, and I'd be thrilled to have a 4K version to download.  

it isn't a download... it's a stream.

Quote

The "Standard" renew makes no mention of the Berlin show.

That's because the standard renew gift for this year is the Apollo show... the standard renew gift for last year was the Berlin show.

The premium option is always this year gift plus last year gift... has been that way for many years.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...