U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, seresere said:

Here I am.
I am just wondering about this CD and... I hope for a full set but thinking about a song... Wild Horses! I really hope it will be included. :)

I think you’re going to get your wish. I don’t think they would cut that one. IMHO, I think their playing it on that night helped them to rediscover how good that song is live and, consequently, they ended up including that song during the 2nd half of the European leg for the e&i tour. (They did play it on the first or second night of e&i in the States, but it was dropped shortly thereafter.)

If they end up cutting a song, it will probably be “Red Flag Day” because that was the song left off of the original SiriusXM broadcast. But, like you, I hope it ends up being the whole show, with perhaps some extras added at the end for us. It would be nice!

Edited by dmway
  • Like 2

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, seresere said:

Wild Horses! I really hope it will be included.

Me too.

4 hours ago, dmway said:

I have to say, including this just-announced gift, this is the 3rd gift in a row that I thought was really good, i.e., even better than what I thought could be offered as a gift. Yes, there were small ways that they could have been even more perfect, but the gift ideas themselves were nothing but great.

This is what I meant by here we go again.  I was laughing at the cyclical humor in all of this.  This thread is new but wonderfully familiar in a very uncertain time for all of us.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, dmway said:

Well, there are plenty of people, both here and in general, who still enjoy CDs and DVDs.

Physical formats create the pleasure of listening music at home, it´s my opinion. Still purchasing vinyls, CDs and DVDs.

• Like 7

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Ilmajoki said:

Physical formats create the pleasure of listening music at home, it´s my opinion. Still purchasing vinyls, CDs and DVDs.

All these formats should be available forever, just like books. Streaming is ok, but to be depending on a provider, internetquality etc. etc. Nice for discovering new music,  but for new and high resolution audio/video cd's/dvd's/blu-rays/vinyls should be there for collectors. It would be a very dull world for the real musicfan/collector.

So very pleased the gift is a cd again and for the die-hard digital fans there's a download too!!

Edited by cristiu2
  • Like 5

• Subscriber
On 12/30/2020 at 1:43 PM, Dean Allison said:

I’ve started a u2 vinyl collection and as much as I like vinyl now I still like having a cd as a physical back up to a download. If my MacBook was to break somehow and I only had vinyl as back up that’s me lost the tracks whereas with a cd I can just burn that onto iTunes. But would I complain at a vinyl/download set no just prefer cd. Dvd definitely can’t be replaced by vinyl they’re not comparable formats. Blu Ray and 4K is better but I thought the Berlin dvd was good picture quality compared to there old DVD’s. More people own a cd and DVD player than a vinyl and blu Ray player so that has to be considered also. 

It is possible to copy vinyl into a digital format. A USB turntable makes it easier (they make them as simple as plug & play, others are more complicated but will result in better sound). It can be done with older turntables as well, but that takes a lot more effort, an amp or a receiver and some software downloads.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
On 12/22/2020 at 10:56 PM, yqurmh said:

HI
My subscription active until May 09, 2022 , i must renew if iwant the new gift For One Night Only ?
thanks

Mine is active until 1st March 2021.If I renew now,will my subscription run from Jan 2021 to Jan 2022 OR March 2021 to March 2022? Plus,I haven’t received the email to renew subscription which I usually receive when the new gift is announced (I suspect if I don’t renew now,then that will arrive before 1st March 2021 when my current subscription expires) 

• Community Moderator
3 hours ago, gmc said:

Mine is active until 1st March 2021.If I renew now,will my subscription run from Jan 2021 to Jan 2022 OR March 2021 to March 2022? Plus,I haven’t received the email to renew subscription which I usually receive when the new gift is announced (I suspect if I don’t renew now,then that will arrive before 1st March 2021 when my current subscription expires) 

It adds on to the current expire date, so March 2022. 

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Confused with the renewal choices - standard and premium..The way they are named makes me feel like I could miss out on something!

Am I right in saying the 'Premium' option just includes the 2020 gift if you haven't already got it? And I won't be missing out by not selecting 'Premium'? It's worded like it's a different subscriber access level!

I've been subbed since 2014 so have all gifts apart from them R&H Dance Remixes (not lost sleep about not having them, though)!

*Edit - Just wanted to add, happy with this gift - would love an ATYCLB Irving Plaza 2000 CD at some point though!

Edited by adamtaglietti
comment about the gift

• Community Moderator
1 hour ago, adamtaglietti said:

Confused with the renewal choices - standard and premium..The way they are named makes me feel like I could miss out on something!

Am I right in saying the 'Premium' option just includes the 2020 gift if you haven't already got it? And I won't be missing out by not selecting 'Premium'? It's worded like it's a different subscriber access level!

I've been subbed since 2014 so have all gifts apart from them R&H Dance Remixes (not lost sleep about not having them, though)!

*Edit - Just wanted to add, happy with this gift - would love an ATYCLB Irving Plaza 2000 CD at some point though!

If you have a copy of the Berlin DVD, then you only need the Standard. The Premium subscription is the newly announced gift, plus the previous year’s gift. 

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, mich40 said:

It adds on to the current expire date, so March 2022. 

Thank you,just wanted to confirm.I couldn’t remember what happened in previous situations like this at all,just wasn’t sure.I’ve slept since then lol Thanks again.