U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

bigwave

• Community Moderator
23 minutes ago, J.Melrose said:

This is interesting to me... the Premium option seems to come with access to a 4K stream/download as well as a DVD. (This is according to the renewal page.) I don't have access to that presently, and I'd be thrilled to have a 4K version to download.  The "Standard" renew makes no mention of the Berlin show.  

This is yet another example of my experiences over 20+ years in U2's various fan clubs:  U2's PR and fan relations have never been best served by the commerce/fanclub people at U2.com. This lack of clarity is yet another example. Why not simply give all the info now, up front? Why build up the drama? It's not like there is a lot of work to be done on the recording, the show was 18+ months ago and was basically mixed live for the radio anyway. 

Anyway, I'm not going to renew until I know what I'm getting with which option.   If they wanted my money sooner, they could tell me up front exactly what each option gets me. 

Sorry that you are confused. The renewal page clearly states what is with each package. 

STANDARD PACKAGE

$40

SELECT

• 2021 U2.com Annual Subscription: 'U2 Live At The Apollo'.
  • Limited edition live CD & download set from Harlem’s Apollo Theatre in June 2018.
  • Featuring special guests, the 13-piece Sun Ra Arkestra.
    * First downloads and full tracklisting coming early 2021
  • Plus unique online content including exclusive editorial and video.
  • 25% coupon for the U2.com shop.
  • U2.com subscriber newsletters & opportunities to access special events.
  • First access to ticket presales, when the band announce tour dates.

PREMIUM PACKAGE

$75

SELECT

• 2021 U2.com Annual Subscription: 'U2 Live At The Apollo
  • Limited edition live CD & download set from Harlem’s Apollo Theatre in June 2018.
  • Featuring the Sun Ra Arkestra.
    First downloads and full tracklisting coming early 2021
    PLUS 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN
  • Limited edition live DVD & photographic book capturing 2018 Berlin e+i show.
  • Streaming in 4K HD, in full, on demand.
    AND • Unique online content including exclusive editorial and video.
  • 25% coupon for the U2.com shop.
  • U2.com subscriber newsletters & opportunities to access special events.
  • First access to ticket presales, when the band announce tour dates.

Nowhere does it mention a download of the Berlin dvd. However, if you were a subscriber for 2020 and received the dvd, you should be able to stream it here: https://www.u2.com/stream. If you were not a subscriber in 2020, then the premium option will include the Apollo show CD/download AND the Berlin dvd/stream. 

• Subscriber

So very excited about this one - so much I voluntarily took a few weeks to cool off before replying to this or it would prob have looked like incoherent caps locking craziness.

So.... THANK YOU ! 💜💥

• Like 4

• Subscriber
On 12/29/2020 at 5:34 AM, CorkVegan said:

To be honest I always assumed that the Apollo release would be incomplete and edited. That seems to be the norm for U2 nowadays. (Look at the NYC show on JT30 deluxe and Chicago on ATYCLB deluxe).

We are getting previous unreleased live material which hands down beats the thirty year old remixes we've gotten in recent years. Obviously the full show would be ideal but that seems unlikely.

Didn’t like the Hollywood remix in ‘88 at 14yo ......didn’t like it at 45 years old either.!

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
On 1/5/2021 at 4:17 AM, Madfl3a said:

So very excited about this one - so much I voluntarily took a few weeks to cool off before replying to this or it would prob have looked like incoherent caps locking craziness.

So.... THANK YOU ! 💜💥

I renewed last week.  Normally, I don't until May but I want the stream when it's released.  I hope there is a viewing party...

not that it's a hint or anything     😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Dean Allison said:

You know the gift is in audio right? There won’t be much to view. 

Lol   I did not.  Oh well.  I would have renewed in May anyhow. 

Will there be a listening party?   I can adjust.     🙃

• Like 1

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I renewed last week.  Normally, I don't until May but I want the stream when it's released.  I hope there is a viewing party...

not that it's a hint or anything     😀

It's audio but eh we can dream 😁

• Haha 1