U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'U2: Live At The Apollo' This double CD set, bookending a beautiful photo booklet, is now in production. We'll be emailing our 2021 subscribers with news on the first tracks available

I think that was one if you look at the right side of the stage, directly under the lamp you can see side stage. (Photo credit to someone else, not mine)   Here it is in one of my photos, righ

Posted Images

• Community Moderator
41 minutes ago, The Goal is Elevation said:

This is great! Any idea when it will be shipped? Thanks 

Unknown at the moment... please keep checking your email notifications, the site and Zootopia for any update about this gift...

• Subscriber

Looking forward to this didn't Steve Lillywhite mix the audio for it?Interesting to read Red flag 🚩 day wasn't included on the Sirus fm  broadcast,why was that song abandoned near the end of the E&I tour when they had spent so much time getting it right such a shame as it was one of the better songs on SOE, and as for Little things not getting played on that tour is one of the biggest mysteries in U2's history. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
On 1/2/2021 at 4:03 PM, adamtaglietti said:

Confused with the renewal choices - standard and premium..The way they are named makes me feel like I could miss out on something!

Am I right in saying the 'Premium' option just includes the 2020 gift if you haven't already got it? And I won't be missing out by not selecting 'Premium'? It's worded like it's a different subscriber access level!

I've been subbed since 2014 so have all gifts apart from them R&H Dance Remixes (not lost sleep about not having them, though)!

*Edit - Just wanted to add, happy with this gift - would love an ATYCLB Irving Plaza 2000 CD at some point though!

On 1/2/2021 at 5:57 PM, mich40 said:

If you have a copy of the Berlin DVD, then you only need the Standard. The Premium subscription is the newly announced gift, plus the previous year’s gift. 

This is interesting to me... the Premium option seems to come with access to a 4K stream/download as well as a DVD. (This is according to the renewal page.) I don't have access to that presently, and I'd be thrilled to have a 4K version to download.  The "Standard" renew makes no mention of the Berlin show.  

This is yet another example of my experiences over 20+ years in U2's various fan clubs:  U2's PR and fan relations have never been best served by the commerce/fanclub people at U2.com. This lack of clarity is yet another example. Why not simply give all the info now, up front? Why build up the drama? It's not like there is a lot of work to be done on the recording, the show was 18+ months ago and was basically mixed live for the radio anyway. 

Anyway, I'm not going to renew until I know what I'm getting with which option.   If they wanted my money sooner, they could tell me up front exactly what each option gets me. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, J.Melrose said:

This is interesting to me... the Premium option seems to come with access to a 4K stream/download as well as a DVD. (This is according to the renewal page.) I don't have access to that presently, and I'd be thrilled to have a 4K version to download.  The "Standard" renew makes no mention of the Berlin show.  

This is yet another example of my experiences over 20+ years in U2's various fan clubs:  U2's PR and fan relations have never been best served by the commerce/fanclub people at U2.com. This lack of clarity is yet another example. Why not simply give all the info now, up front? Why build up the drama? It's not like there is a lot of work to be done on the recording, the show was 18+ months ago and was basically mixed live for the radio anyway. 

Anyway, I'm not going to renew until I know what I'm getting with which option.   If they wanted my money sooner, they could tell me up front exactly what each option gets me. 

It’s exactly as was said you get the Apollo show on cd and download if you get the basic subscription and if you get the premium subscription you get the Apollo show on cd and download as well as the E&I Berlin dvd and access to the 4K HD stream of that Berlin show. It’s very clear in the wording. I don’t disagree though that they could just tell us what we’re getting with the Apollo cd and download just now but I’m not feeling particularly impatient on the matter just now. 

• Community Moderator
16 minutes ago, J.Melrose said:

This is interesting to me... the Premium option seems to come with access to a 4K stream/download as well as a DVD. (This is according to the renewal page.) I don't have access to that presently, and I'd be thrilled to have a 4K version to download.  

it isn't a download... it's a stream.

The "Standard" renew makes no mention of the Berlin show.

That's because the standard renew gift for this year is the Apollo show... the standard renew gift for last year was the Berlin show.

The premium option is always this year gift plus last year gift... has been that way for many years.

• Community Moderator
23 minutes ago, J.Melrose said:

Sorry that you are confused. The renewal page clearly states what is with each package. 

STANDARD PACKAGE

$40

SELECT

• 2021 U2.com Annual Subscription: 'U2 Live At The Apollo'.
  • Limited edition live CD & download set from Harlem’s Apollo Theatre in June 2018.
  • Featuring special guests, the 13-piece Sun Ra Arkestra.
    * First downloads and full tracklisting coming early 2021
  • Plus unique online content including exclusive editorial and video.
  • 25% coupon for the U2.com shop.
  • U2.com subscriber newsletters & opportunities to access special events.
  • First access to ticket presales, when the band announce tour dates.

PREMIUM PACKAGE

$75

SELECT

• 2021 U2.com Annual Subscription: 'U2 Live At The Apollo
  • Limited edition live CD & download set from Harlem’s Apollo Theatre in June 2018.
  • Featuring the Sun Ra Arkestra.
    First downloads and full tracklisting coming early 2021
    PLUS 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN
  • Limited edition live DVD & photographic book capturing 2018 Berlin e+i show.
  • Streaming in 4K HD, in full, on demand.
    AND • Unique online content including exclusive editorial and video.
  • 25% coupon for the U2.com shop.
  • U2.com subscriber newsletters & opportunities to access special events.
  • First access to ticket presales, when the band announce tour dates.

Nowhere does it mention a download of the Berlin dvd. However, if you were a subscriber for 2020 and received the dvd, you should be able to stream it here: https://www.u2.com/stream. If you were not a subscriber in 2020, then the premium option will include the Apollo show CD/download AND the Berlin dvd/stream. 

• Subscriber

So very excited about this one - so much I voluntarily took a few weeks to cool off before replying to this or it would prob have looked like incoherent caps locking craziness.

So.... THANK YOU ! 💜💥

• Like 4
  • Subscriber
On 12/29/2020 at 5:34 AM, CorkVegan said:

To be honest I always assumed that the Apollo release would be incomplete and edited. That seems to be the norm for U2 nowadays. (Look at the NYC show on JT30 deluxe and Chicago on ATYCLB deluxe).

We are getting previous unreleased live material which hands down beats the thirty year old remixes we've gotten in recent years. Obviously the full show would be ideal but that seems unlikely.

Didn’t like the Hollywood remix in ‘88 at 14yo ......didn’t like it at 45 years old either.!

• Haha 1