U2.com 2021 Subscription Gift Offer : U2 Live at the Apollo : Discussion Thread

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, CorkVegan said:

Personally I think that the entire audio should be available as soon as the subscription is renewed. That way we can enjoy what we paid for while awaiting the physical item to arrive. The way SOI/SOE Live was rolled out with random songs every six weeks or so didn't make sense to me.

I agree with this also. Different if the show was only played last week and they took a few weeks to master it but we’re talking about a show that was played more than 2 years ago now. Downloads straight away would make the wait for the physical item seem much better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that was one if you look at the right side of the stage, directly under the lamp you can see side stage. (Photo credit to someone else, not mine)   Here it is in one of my photos, righ

Physical formats create the pleasure of listening music at home, it´s my opinion. Still purchasing vinyls, CDs and DVDs.

Posted Images

• Community Moderator

We know that this show has been recorded from the X-Radio broadcast and that it can be found in several places.

Not our place to police what you download or view — you do you, if you must. But please do not post links — YouTube, cloud sites, etc — here on Zootopia. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

I am glad, too, that we will be getting a hardcopy. 👍

Edited by alexisaurus
I thought I was quoting/responding to a previous post. Whoops. I started over with the post from scratch.
  • Subscriber
On 1/5/2021 at 9:54 AM, doctornickriviera said:

Didn’t like the Hollywood remix in ‘88 at 14yo ......didn’t like it at 45 years old either.!

Me, too, 'cept I was a tad older (17ish) and it was the mid-90's. Still not a fan of that version. 

• Subscriber

Good Evening

Like other fans have mentioned, I am really pleased that there s a physical product available.

I prefer to listen to my music on physical products like cd and vinyl, but I also have digital versions which are loaded on my U2 iPod for listening when I am in the car.

Kind Regards

Neil

• Like 2
  • Subscriber
56 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

I think you posted this in the wrong thread!

Did I? Haha! I am trying to figure my way around here as I haven't been active for years and only recently wanted to engage again with fellow uber fans. I was responding to your comment about the Hollywood remix and that I didn't like it much, either. Thanks for responding and have a great day!

• Subscriber

I think it's brilliant this next resubscription gift, looks like an amazing package and up there with the last two gifts.  I am really looking forward to it and have been lucky to have got all the fan club releases going right back to Melon✌ Love 'em all (yes even Duals😉).  Can't wait 🌞it's nice to have something to look forward to in these lock down days👍

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 12/30/2020 at 6:38 PM, dmway said:

Well, there are plenty of people, both here and in general, who still enjoy CDs and DVDs. Your personally finding them “insignificant” doesn’t make such a belief an objective fact. (Also, I don’t quite understand why you are using your love of vinyl to impugn DVDs, since vinyl doesn’t have a visual component.)

However, I have often wondered why audio gifts aren’t offered in multiple physical formats. If a choice were offered in advance (for example, at the time of one’s membership renewal) for what format one prefers if a gift in any given year is an audio one, more subscribers’ wishes could be satisfied. You also wouldn’t get mass mailings of CDs to those who would prefer vinyl, or of vinyl to those who prefer CDs (the latter especially being a large (and avoidable) waste of resources, both in cost of materials and in postage - it’s much more expensive to mail vinyl than CDs, and doubly a waste for those who have no interest in vinyl).

On the whole, the site has been good in alternating formats from year to year. I still hope for a day that one’s preferences for formats will be satisfied in a more targeted way...maybe someday... 🤷‍♂️ 

We've had CDs, vinyl, books and prints. I think we need a VHS and compact cassette just to complete our collections🙃😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1