U2 : The Virtual Road

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

from the news section:
Image 001.png

It's safe to expect a better video quality than VHS, at the very least... let's wait until the broadcast day to see it...

Great to hear about the enhanced visuals.

I'd definitely buy a digital copy of PopMart Mexico City if it was better quality than the DVD.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As just announced, some special events online these next few weeks :   https://www.u2.com/news/title/u2-the-virtual-road/    

Wouldn't it be deadly if the lads could put on an actual live stripped back online show.

Very exciting.  The trailer looks hot. 

Posted Images

• Community Moderator
1 minute ago, dmway said:

Thank you!

Do you have to officially have a YouTube account to join in? (I don’t have one and don’t particularly care to start one; however, I would think about it if it were required for some reason.)

You would probably need one to set reminders, but one should not be needed to watch the videos. 

• Thanks 1
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Good job U2,

I just hope it stays on YT for a while. Not sure I will be able to watch all shows on the time slot they will give.

Speaking of live shows, what is the deal in regards TJT tour? It's been quite a long time, don't understand what's holding releasing it to the public. 

Cheers

Edited by OB
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, sukhjitkamal said:

All 4 shows will be in 1080p with remastered audio. 

I've never seen Popmart, and last week I bought the DVD second hand but hadn't watched it. Now I might as well wait for the stream!

Some of these shows were recorded in 4x3 format. HD is 16x9, so if they release it as 1080p, it will have black borders on the sides. It's alright and I am hopeful the upscale quality will be top notch.

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Will defo be tuning in to watch these and hoping they will also release further concerts including some which have not been released.  

Edited by Carlos
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Great trailer! Especially the UABRS- segment. Like the remastered  videos and now the remastered concerts too. Keep doing this great work!

But.....

Why only limited streaming for just 48 hours for the concerts??? Then actually pay for each show streaming? Being independant on providers/streamingspeed/internet quality...

Why not putting the shows available for paying subscribers? It makes it worth to be member of u2.com.

Why no 'new' old pro-shotshows?

Why no announcement of a limited deluxe blurayset with nice package and 4 blu rays with those shows for collectors afterwards? I know there's a market for the collectors among us. I still hope there will be such a limited collection made available in the near future.

Edited by cristiu2
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

So each concert is available for 48 hours from the date listed, for example, tomorrow is Slane Castle at 2:30 pm and 48 hours from that?   Etc?   Are people watching online at any certain time?